THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m no scientist, but I was thinking about it this morning and wonder if the bubble concept might actually be less safe than just resuming play in regular regular team arenas, but without fans.

I get that the idea is to keep the people necessary for NBA games isolated from the “rest of the world” in a single location, but that means you’re bringing 100s of people together to live in close proximity in a small, unfamiliar environment. Seems like, under those circumstances, if someone gets COVID, it increases the likelihood it will spread quickly, even if they catch it fast.

Might be better off with regular arenas with reduced staffing. Since teams fly private anyway and would have hotels basically to themselves as visiting teams, travel could be done fairly safely.

Anyway, just thinking out loud (in writing)
I would make an approved list of everyone who gets to enter the bubble, test them, then let em chill for a two week period with social distancing. Test em again after a two week period and if everyone is negative then start the season.

Problem is apparently they are thinking of continuing anyway if there's one positive test. That's way too risky

Screenshot_20200513-100644_Chrome.jpg

I would not risk continuing the season if there is even one positive test. Goodness, imagine the blowback if someone dies.

I do agree with DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican in that there's some room here for an epic disaster, but sports (and our economy as a whole) just wasn't going to stand idle until society has more info on the virus.

I feel like Sports shouldn't move until society does.

I feel like it sends the message that the athletes are expendable.

Again, I understand that they are going to do their best to ensure all NBA Personnel are safe but I just don't like the message it sends.

But I get it, it is a business so they feel the show must go on.

Last edited:
So I am thinking about who (which physical bodied human(s)) will be guarding this "Bubble?"

Will it be regular security dudes? CSC Dudes?

So you have 200+ dudes in either one of these states that has thousands of "Fly Outs" by the month, and you mean to tell me NONE of the groupies are going to get through?

You think a regular security dude is going to tell Mo Harkless no if he is slipped $1000 to "look out" and let a youngin through the gates?

Man, SO much can go wrong.

Lined up a cut with my barber for this afternoon. Apparently they are legally allowed to cut essential employees (which I am) in shops, even though they aren't open yet to the public here. Was a bit apprehensive, but I'm still going on appointments and meeting new clients, and felt like it was necessary at this point. **** is looking crazy. We'll be taking precautions and whatnot.

Has anybody else had one recently?

This is all so stupid
This whole thing has definitely exposed a lot of stupidity and selfishness. Also made clear how comfortability and financial concerns are more important for a lot of folks than public safety/health...

Just a shame how so many of those folks end up being law and decision makers for everyone else :smh:

The whole rush to get back to a semblance of normal/business as usual in every day life when we're far from that point lays bare how expendable human lives seem to be for some |l

Lined up a cut with my barber for this afternoon. Apparently they are legally allowed to cut essential employees (which I am) in shops, even though they aren't open yet to the public here. Was a bit apprehensive, but I'm still going on appointments and meeting new clients, and felt like it was necessary at this point. **** is looking crazy. We'll be taking precautions and whatnot.

Yup. Still alive.

Had to do it myself since my gf was stuck out of town. Not an easy time

Kinda feel like the whole news of the month long timeline before a decision by the league is meant to give them time to see how restarts go and work in other pro leagues around the world, like with soccer leagues starting up over the next few weeks, before coming up with a definitive plan of action.

Kind of like a trial balloon kind of thing done by 3rd/external parties

What y'all think of them "retiring" and removing the "Mamba" from Mamba Sports Academy? Feel like they should've just kept it.

What y'all think of them "retiring" and removing the "Mamba" from Mamba Sports Academy? Feel like they should've just kept it.

Just strange. I don’t really get how taking Kobe’s name off it is more respectful to him than leaving it on, but I also don’t know anything about the relationships between those involved.

Great conversation with Klosterman on the LeBron vs. Jordan convo.

Spoken from a place of logic by Klosterman.

Have an open mind.

The Ringer’s Bill Simmons shares an essay he wrote about Michael Jordan’s retirement (4:25) before he is joined by author Chuck Klosterman to discuss the 40th season of ‘Survivor,’ generational gaps between athletes, nostalgic basketball behavior, and the 1992 dream team, as well as quarantine life, the historical weight of the COVID-19 pandemic, and more (24:45)

MJ’s Second Retirement, Explained. Plus: Chuck Klosterman on 'Survivor,' Defining Greatness, and Two Months of Quarantine Life | The Bill Simmons Podcast from The Bill Simmons Podcast | Podbay https://podbay.fm/podcast/1043699613/e/1588910400

It makes sense to me.

Owner said they existed long before Kobe joined forces with him.

Dude wants his business to continue but he doesn't want ANY chance of him having to share profits with the Estate.

Makes perfect sense.

The only issue I have is him framing it as anything OTHER THAN a business move.

He didn't do it to "Honor Kobe" like he claimed.

there’s probably a small chance getting sick because you got a haircut . Would you be willing to take that? Im sure your clients would understand you looking unkept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom