THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but the start of the season is usually mid-October. I'm not sure that things will be safe in September to start as normal.
I agree and acknowledge that we are totally talking about the unknown. I was more so saying it from a tentative planning perspective if things could be normal enough by then.

I agree and acknowledge that we are totally talking about the unknown. I was more so saying it from a tentative planning perspective if things could be normal enough by then.
Yeah if there's a vaccine or something out then your plan makes sense. Though my personal preference just from a play quality perspective would be to always shorten the season and start on Christmas Day.

Also the thinking w/starting the season in December is that it gives the NBA more time / runway to get fans into arenas., or at the very least shorten the time that the NBA spends playing without fans. Cap implications.

Fans in arenas doesn't seem realistic regardless this year imo,at least not until a vaccine comes into the picture and folks feel safe being in groups again.

Same thing for festivals, concerts and large public gatherings like that. Can't see them coming back in 2020 personally

Could the NBA also go the other way and just cancel this season and then start the next season a little earlier? Give longer breaks in between games, eliminate back to backs, etc. Would theoretically solve the load management issue.
They could, but you got dudes like Tillman Fertita taking out predatory loans because he's a brokeboi. They're going to try and play these games for sure.

Are you that ****ing ignorant that you posted a whole tweet and response for me and didn’t even read what was in the tweet........

That clearly states they’re wondering what they’ll do in response to IF a player has concerns about playing.

There have been players already with concerns about the safety and viability of opening practice facilities, let alone games.

On Thursday, Yahoo! Sports' Chris Haynes spoke with CJ McCollum, who said he remains "worried like the rest of the world" about the COVID-19 pandemic and is "uneasy about working out at the team facility."

"I like that it is optional and I'm pleased with the caution, structure and measures the Blazers organization has put in place to ensure the safest environment possible for all parties involved," McCollum told Yahoo Sports regarding the re-opening of the practice facility. "I get the measures [the league is] taking, but you have to think at some point when there are drastic measures that need to be taken, ‘Is it really worth it?' It's either safe or it's not."

And given your stance on a lotta things on COVID-19 you're the LAST person who should be calling anybody ignorant.

Last edited:
^^^ freeze freeze also posted the other day that he’s talked to players or people close to players and been told they’re not necessarily in a hurry to start playing again.

The answer to the question, “how many points would Michael Jordan score in today’s game?” isn’t complicated at all. It’s we don’t know and there’s no real way to know. Anything else is just speculation and therefore not really an answer.

EXdb2oJUEAAJmou

^^^ freeze freeze also posted the other day that he’s talked to players or people close to players and been told they’re not necessarily in a hurry to start playing again.

We’ve already concluded the opinions of the Cavs and Pistons in regards to this matter do not matter. Same goes with Reggie Bullock and the Knicks and any other former Piston on lottery teams :lol:

If I’m a coach you get a free pass this year if it gets canceled. By all means Id do what it takes to get it canceled

The How many pts would Jordan avg in today's game is dumb as hell lmaoo but **** it.

I've settled on this: If James Harden, who literally plays in a system that supercharges stats, who literally takes 13(!) 3's and 12 FTA's per, and didn't come close to 40,

If Kobe in 06 who played 42 minutes a night, took 7 3's and 10 FTA's a night, 27(!) shot attempts per, and didn't come close to 40,

then hypothetically speaking, Jordan averaging 40 or more is insane :lol:

So he'd be around 40 PPG just because he wants it more than his opponent?

Not only that, his offensive bag is 2nd to none, plus the more possessions, freedom of movement, etc. KD for example may be the most talented scorer ability wise but wants to be constrained in a system. MJ is the system.

Other than maybe D'antoni, there isn't even a system today that would allow a player to play enough to average 40, let alone allow a player to take the FGAs to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom