THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

16C52754-FA48-4822-B683-7C2D9C58DB78.jpeg

I can hear the crickets in here.......

And he got his own team :lol:

Can anyone speak to how this will operate from a draft eligibility standpoint? I believe currently all the G-League teams are NBA affiliates. Will they create separate teams for kids from HS that aren't league affiliated then can enter the draft?

there’s already two G-league teams in SoCal, I need to know what nba team they’d be attached to for support because I doubt a solo team would be profitable

Can anyone speak to how this will operate from a draft eligibility standpoint? I believe currently all the G-League teams are NBA affiliates. Will they create separate teams for kids from HS that aren't league affiliated then can enter the draft?

I think they can sign with whoever they want. Pretty sure Terrace Ferguson did the same thing. I don't think they can get "called up" and there's more money in the draft so I don't think they'd hang around to be eligible to be called up. Not sure if that's exactly what you were asking :lol:

Portland doesn’t have one. I can’t think if there was another one. I think Minnesota?

I believe players that didn't want to go to college before could play in the G-League, but they wouldn't be eligible to be called up to the NBA.
I think they can sign with whoever they want. Pretty sure Terrace Ferguson did the same thing. I don't think they can get "called up" and there's more money in the draft so I don't think they'd hang around to be eligible to be called up. Not sure if that's exactly what you were asking :lol:

Thank you guys. So basically they're just on the roster to ride out the year until they can enter the draft?

prob would need an entry draft from the pool of basically UFAs that will enter the g-league before they’re nba draft eligible

He's not going back to school, man :lol: :lol: It's good they have the option for the fringe players who decide to go this route, though
That's just there in place to "protect" them if something happens to the player and they "don't make it."

Chances are the players never end up using that, so G League won't have to shell out the money, but putting that in place makes it "fool proof."

I think they’re just adding a new team, don’t see how they’re gonna have a team of HS kids and just compete against grown men.

he technically gets to choose where he’s signing but I assume the option was on the table of a new team and he would technically be the first player

could be wrong on the second part, first part makes no sense either way

Green is committing to become part of a year-long developmental program with G League oversight that will include professional coaching, top prospects and veteran players who will combine training and exhibition game competitions against the likes of G League teams, foreign national teams and NBA academies throughout the world, sources said.

The season could include 10 to 12 games against G League teams that wouldn't count in standings, sources said, but the primary objective will be assimilation and growth into the NBA on several levels -- from playing to the teaching of life skills.

The salary bonus structure in Green's contract, for example, is expected to include financial incentives for games played, completing community events and life skills programs coordinated by the G League's oversight of the program, sources said.

The NBA's plan is to stock this team with veteran pro players who'd be willing to balance mentorship of Green and other prospects with the personal opportunities that might emerge because of the intense NBA scouting exposure that will come with these teams.

The more I think about it, Ethan Strauss basically put out a tabloid report in the form of a book. TO me, that is some sucka stuff masked as "journalism."

But that is where we are today.
Lolwut maaan what are you talking about?

tell all's with writers embedded with turbulent teams is a book as old as sports journalism itself.

Jordan rule's, season on the brink ect ect. Unless the book is filled with lies how can you possibly get mad at Ethan Strauss for writing about the...team...he's paid...to write about???

He's not going back to school, man :lol: :lol: It's good they have the option for the fringe players who decide to go this route, though

He might at some point. You can get a college degree entirely on-line now. If someone else is going to pay for it, why not?

But, yeah, the chances that he ever spends time on an college campus taking classes are low.

Last edited:
That's just there in place to "protect" them if something happens to the player and they "don't make it."

Chances are the players never end up using that, so G League won't have to shell out the money, but putting that in place makes it "fool proof."

For sure, I was speaking on Jalen Green specifically. I am in agreement with you and nick. nick.

I think they’re just adding a new team, don’t see how they’re gonna have a team of HS kids and just compete against grown men.

he technically gets to choose where he’s signing but I assume the option was on the table of a new team and he would technically be the first player

could be wrong on the second part, first part makes no sense either way

That’s true. I was just trying to understand how their team was selected and what it meant for the draft. So basically they’d be high-priced G-League rentals

Actually a new solo G-league team, run by the league itself could work like the USNTDP junior hockey team. It’s run by USA hockey but plays in USA junior leagues (private franchises) and NCAA conferences

Thank you guys. So basically they're just on the roster to ride out the year until they can enter the draft?

Correct

My high school wasn't **** nationally (or locally :lol: ) when it came to basketball and now the prep team came and hijacked the program and it's putting out NBA draft prospects :lol: So weird to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom