THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant watch any of the vids or tributes. Dude was my favorite of all time. I’m sitting on my couch right now working from home wearing an old number 8 jersey.

We need some Kobe tall tales today. @antidope
Kobe and GiGi in the afterlife busting ankles.

When we pass we are heading to this mystical place and we'll learn that Kobe and GiGi were bigger there than on earth.

We will go to school and learn how they dominated for decades.

Kobe on his 3rd act...

I remember being at Kobe camp in like 07’ at LMU and being mad as hell at him for busting OJ Mayo’s *** there :lol:

Seriously hasn't hit me yet, that my favorite player all time is gone.
I sat through 2 hours of coverage with my wife, who is in shambles.
It's just crazy.
I remember hearing Kobe had zero tolerance for laziness. It always hit me that if I ever did meet him, I wouldn't be worthy because I've been pretty lazy throughout my life. Of course I'm sure that wouldn't matter to him, but I've always admired the type of dedication and discipline Kobe had when it came to approaching my craft and then extending that mentality to other venues. It's actually crazy fascinating when you think about that. I normally don't get sad around famous deaths but man I honestly can't think of another person that was in my life as much as Kobe Bryant.
2020 is a big year for me, where I'm stepping out of my comfort zone and putting myself out there in huge ways and I wanted to adopt my own activity or regiment that I could do to sort of lock me in everyday. Think I'll be reading a page of Mamba Mentality and then reading a page having to do with my craft and merging the two to attack the day. I just want to do something as a living tribute to someone that meant A LOT to me.
It goes without saying I'm wearing a Jersey and listening to the USC talk on the walk to work this morning, might even where it while working.
I was lucky to see him play twice. Once at Oracle when my wife surprised me and the other time for my bachelor party at Staples, both were AMAZING!
RIP Kobe Bean Bryant
thanks for the memories in my childhood and adulthood, you will be missed but never ever forgotten
IMG_20200127_072242.jpg

IMG_20161230_163719.jpg

growing up, i was a die hard MJ fan. towards the end of his career and Kobe came into the league, i hated Kobe because he was so much like MJ. when MJ left, basketball slipped away from my life.
what brought me back was Kobe. one day i decided to see what he was all about. i started watching him during the down lakers years and found a love and appreciation for him because he was so much like MJ. i became a fan.
to watch him rise from the bottom to greatness with the 4th and 5th championships was a great time in my life. i shared a lot of those moments with friends and my now wife and family. Kobe brought people together.
this is much more than basketball. i have a 3 year old and seeing Kobe with his family is what i strive for. that impacts me more than what he did on the court.
thank you, Kobe!
RIP to Kobe, Gigi, and those that lost their lives.

yesterday was a tough day man...even my moms called me asking how i felt about it and if i was ok
i cant really even say much more.

I don't know if I'll be able to watch the Lakers-Clippers game and handle all the feels.
yeah, I decided to give my tickets to a homie who's a Lakers die hard and his kid, who's initials are KB (last name Bryant too, and it was done because of his love for Kobe). Bought the tickets 10 days ago to take my youngest and we both agreed to sit this one out. In turn, the homie will get me tickets to the next match up in March.

I couldn't handle being in Staples Center tomorrow. Wouldn't even be able to root for my Clippers. Not sure i want to watch on tv either.

I hope the Clippers do the right thing and not cover up Kobe's jersey (and the championship banners he's was involved with) up in the rafters for the rest of the season.

Cont'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom