THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EPSI38HWkAAVBjV

Bryant leaves a wife and three daughters behind
Altobellis leave a daughter and son behind
Mauser leaves a husband, a son & two daughters behind
Chester leave behind a husband and two sons

I have no doubt Ronaldo is bigger than Real madrid and Juventus as well as Messi being bigger than Barca i also think Kobe is bigger than the Lakers.

More people globally know more about Kobe than the Lakers. More people know Kobe than the Lakers .

Hes a racist (atleast I think he is) so he strives on seeing people of color hurting. The majority of my poc(people of color) coworkers were heart broken today. The majority of my white coworkers didnt care about Kobe. Most of my white co workers said "That **** sucks". My Asian coworkers took it the hardest. Several asian co worker homies threw up today. Ish hurt us all today.
I exoect the same type of response aT work today. All of the basketball fans and black folks will talk about it while those that don't know the difference between LeBron and Kobe continue living the "same life they had.....before Today."

All these stories ... all these people on the radio ...

Man .....

This **** is crazy .....

I remember when I first read what happened in FB timeline....

I was from a bootleg site ... and I was like man, here comes the BS.

The very next post was a picture of Kobe unforgettable smile, without reading the headline, my mind processed the title as "Kobe reacts to fake death news"

When I read it, my heart dropped.... I turned the tv off and went into every news outlet and no news, then I went into TMZ and .....

Bruh ... this **** just hit different, not because of the basketball player but the family man ...

Waking up. Just don’t feel right.
kobe ain’t in this world?
bruh when Superstars right retire most of them go quietly and turn ghost.
This dude was making films, was down to teach and mentor younger dudes, making appearances like in all the smoke, super involved with his daughters. My dude was gonna have a great second half. :frown:

Kobe man...

I still cant man. This is sad. Grew up watching the guy and just an overall great human being. Why the good ones go early...it doesnt make sense man.

all my peers from the age of late 20’s to mid 30’s. We watched this mans whole life. I kept a notty fro for about 6 years bc of Kobe. To watch his transformation from high school, air balls, the youngcat that came off the bench all year but started in the all-star game, to the 5x champ Icon who had everybody respect that matter. To him transforming to being a big name outside of basketball and also a cool dad. I feel so bad for his wife, daughters and also him and his road dog GiGi. It seemed like the coolest thing ever when him and her was showing up court side and you saw pics of him talking her through the game. Gotdamn. Feel like a piece of my child hood just took a dent. **** just don’t make sense.

Shouts out to LA man, I know y’all going through it right now. City prolly quite as hell. Y’all hold y’all head.

I think it's terrible that prices jumped like this.

I dunno man, It's a capitalist county, Boeing is sending out busted planes to fly people in, coal companies are dumping toxic waste into streams cause Donald Trump got rid of the environmental protections...

Corporations are doing horrible things everyday with real consequences, why get worked about and average joe making some extra bucks on a ticket,

yeah it's not great but at least they aren't hurting anyone?

Idk how I made it to work today, I am not here in the mind. Barely slept, this is crushing man.

As I stated, my son's name is Kobe. My whole basketball life was Kobe, everything from studying his moves to his work ethic. Then him as a father.

I train little girls on the AAU circuit, one of them is CRUSHED from the news of GiGi, she was a beautiful soul. This is hitting harder than Nip and that hit me hard.

Woke up, started watching Good Morning America with my 6 month old in my lap and I absolutely lost it during their Kobe segment.

For me, as a new first time father, Kobe’s biggest impact on my life was watching the way that he fathered his daughters and the way he invested in their livelihoods. He was someone I planned on modeling parts of my own fatherhood after, especially seeing the relationship he and Gigi were forging right in front of us.

RIP Kobe - we lost one of the best men to ever do it, on and off the court.

Freshman year high school I downloaded this video on my iPod touch and watched it so many times. Don’t remember what other videos I had on my phone. Just watched the first 10 seconds and started sobbing again. Had to turn it off, couldn’t watch anymore

Now I know how a drug addict feels man.

When you know something is bad for you, but you keep doing it .......

I dont want to read ya no mo ... I dont want to hear the stories .. I dont want to .. but I cant help myself man.

Seeing all the statements, tributes and interviews from people in and around the game about him in past tense is hitting hard man :ohwell:

His evolution from the insanely focused and determined loner during his playing days to a true elder statesman of the game embracing and guiding all the next generations coming up after him and softening up off the court after becoming a father is what makes it all the more sad/tragic to me.

He seemed to really be coming out of his shell in post-retirement and looked more comfortable, open about sharing his thoughts and happier than he ever did as he got older.

Was expecting to see stories of him working out with and mentoring so many of the younger guys coming into the league every year moving forwards

Only thing I can do to make this make sense is maybe someone up there knew they could not live without one another, the paid would of been too bad, the smile on her face with her dad in EVERY video and picture, she admired him. He admired her, the way he spoke of her...... One without the other would not seem right, I know he had a wife and other children also. But it is like these 2 were inseparable in life.

Bruh ....

Imagine falling in love in HS, marrying that person, having kids, living the majority of your life with this person, giving another baby and then one day ... boom .. you loose that person and your daughter.

The pain Vanessa must be in, is unthinkable.

This is my pain man ....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom