THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, “most extraordinary” doesn’t necessarily have to be a compliment...

But I think in this case it was, so **** Cousy...

So with kuz out that was basically the rotation last night. Smart gonna make that much of a difference? This team is getting washed

Every time Team USA loses it becomes a sky is falling panic.

1. You have a young inexperienced team with a coach and staff that are new to Team USA with little to no international experience. These guys will gel as a team and will get better offensively and defensively as the tournament progresses.

2. The true benefit of this tournament is to get these young guys international experience which will help in future tournaments as I suspect that the days of Durant and Lebbie on Team USA with Russ, Splash Bros are gone.

3. It took Coach K losing in the 06 World Championships to figure things out.

4. Just looking at the names on a piece of paper and saying they should win doesn't give credit to the international game.

5. Saying these guys are an embarrassment or aren't trying is the same hot take we got in 04. It wasn't true then and it isn't now.

Got anything constructive to add or just dumb comments?

USA is country first American pride above all right oh nah my bad not unless its the Olympics

Keep yapping about the NBA real basketball fans will enjoy the World Cup.
Is that you Donald Trump?

Pops is wildin tbh and he is one of the variety of reasons why they’re vulnerable since it’s the first time he’s in charge

There’s literally no reason to keep playing different lineups every game. They don’t have time for that :lol:
Yeah, I'm not really sure what he was doing last night. So many things that didn't make sense. I'm assuming he's just tinkering because it's an exhibition, but who knows.

This is obviously the weakest team we've fielded in a while, and can certainly be susceptible to a tough time against some of the better countries, but as long as Pop actually sticks to a real rotation, I think the team should end up being fine.

no excuses for team usa to lose a match. i dont care if these are the F team, these guys are nba professionals :smh:

Literally any big they had in camp would've been a better choice than Plumlee. Someone like John Collins can suck equally as bad on defense, but at least he can actually catch the ball and be a threat to do something offensively if needed.

I struggle to see how someone who can’t catch the ball in Plumlee can be on this team. Dude provides zero value

Mason_Plumlee_with_gold_medal.0.jpg

Gold medalist Plumlee

Australia gave the US trouble in the 2016 Olympics too, and that was a team with KD/PG/Kyrie/Klay/etc. We were losing at halftime and needed 9 3s from Melo to win. Coincidentally, Patty Mills also dropped 30 in that game as well.

no excuses for team usa to lose a match. i dont care if these are the F team, these guys are nba professionals :smh:
For the most part agree with your first sentence

After 2002 6th place finish, 2004 Bronze, 2006 Bronze which all featured much better talent I can't expect this current team to be a lock for Gold

Australia gave the US trouble in the 2016 Olympics too, and that was a team with KD/PG/Kyrie/Klay/etc. We were losing at halftime and needed 9 3s from Melo to win. Coincidentally, Patty Mills also dropped 30 in that game as well.
And so did France and Serbia. Really, this year should have been far from a lock even before the dropouts. They could surely still win but these other teams have been together so long and have actual NBA talent

If the us lose this year best believe all the stars are playing next year if healthy

All those years of saying the world gonna catch up to USA + team USA lowering their standards to drop to their level and here we are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom