The Wolf of Wall Street Trailer

My dude Jonah Hill with his second oscar nod
nthat.gif

Loved it, i know if i ever made if like that, I would party and be just as wild,
Looked like 1 hell of a time

Though, DiCaprio is very charming in this role.
But that's sort of by design. The real Jordan is very charming and that's sort of the whole seduction with that character -- he could sell ice cubes to Eskimos. And the whole structure of it was to let Leo seduce you and let Leo charm you into thinking, Oh, wow, these guys are really funny. And you realize at the end that you've been duped, kinda. You're one of the people on the other end of that telephone and it's like, Oh my God, I've been laughing along with these guys and this is not cool. So, that was sort of all by design.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/16/terence-winter-oscars_n_4610439.html

For those who think this movie only glorified Jordan for his partying and whatnot.

I think that's the part that got overlooked by a lot of ppl who loved it and a lot of ppl who complained.

I was laughing throughout but I never lost site of what they were doing entailed and what they had to do to even get to do it.

Apparently Jonah only got paid 60k for his role. Said he just wanted to work for Martin.

Have yet to hear anyone not like this movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw it yesterday. Entertaining movie. Drank some patron through it though and had to use the bathroom but didnt

Question: How did fbi man get the note Jordan wrote about being wired?

At the end when the FBI is raiding the office, you see Jonah Hill panicking but he's not picked up by the FBI because he obviously made a deal. However, that is not the case in real life. The character he was based off of threatened to sue so they had to tweak his character and thus his character became "inspired from" and perhaps he is free from implication or gets a reduced sentence by snitching in the film.

In 2013, the story of Stratton Oakmont was made into Martin Scorsese's black comedy The Wolf of Wall Street based upon Jordan Belfort's 2007 memoir of the same title. In the film Jonah Hill portrays a character named Donnie Azoff, loosely based on Porush as described in Belfort's book. The character's name was changed during development after Porush threatened to sue Paramount Studios if he was depicted.

EDdqT6a.jpg

Last edited:
Watched on friday, pretty damn long movie lol. I enjoyed it though, might watch again later after Don Jon.

Movie wasn't that good. Too long. American Hustle was a much better, more enjoyable watch, IMO.

But Leo's great; glad I've gotten to see his movies.

really enjoyed it. didn't realize how long it was until it was over. Great movie love the way scorsese tells the stories in his films

Watched it today, super late. Really enjoyed it. Lolz were had. I never seen so much coke done in a movie ever in my life or this much nudity in a movie.
The crawling to the Lambo scene was unnecessary & too long. Also movie felt long near the end.
Margot Robbie :pimp: My God
I wonder if she'll have a big career or just fade to Bolivian like some actresses after 1 big role ala Kristanna Loken after Terminator 3 :smh:
View media item 784144

Last edited:
Basically, Boiler Room meets Blow.

I thought it was HIGHLY entertaining. There were some parts of the movie that were drawn out, but overall... I didn't expect some of the debauchery they did. And to think that they're (for the most part) all true. :lol: :rofl:
Ending could've been better. My only gripe about it was I wish they would've explained what happened with the rest of the characters (his boys, Naomi and the kids, etc...) and what they're up to now or if they're still serving, etc.
Relax.

I feel like all crime flicks should end off with summaries like The Goodfellas.

These dudes were dopeheads :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom