The Wire....sucks. (The Shield is wayyy better)

it really does. they try to stretch it out too much. acting, for the most part, sucks. might be realistic, but just too boring.

I watched the whole series and nothing is memorable at all.

one of the most overrated tv shows ever. i hate you NT.

go watch The Shield. first episode in, you'll be hooked. the shield is a million times better than the wire.

go watch it and tell me otherwise.

it really does. they try to stretch it out too much. acting, for the most part, sucks. might be realistic, but just too boring.

I watched the whole series and nothing is memorable at all.

one of the most overrated tv shows ever. i hate you NT.

go watch The Shield. first episode in, you'll be hooked. the shield is a million times better than the wire.

go watch it and tell me otherwise.

You on that water. Where do I even begin? Did you really just say The Shield was a better show? ..really? Bad acting? Boring?

You know what **$@ it you're right The Wire was is trash. You win.

You on that water. Where do I even begin? Did you really just say The Shield was a better show? ..really? Bad acting? Boring?

You know what **$@ it you're right The Wire was is trash. You win.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

the shield is a million times better than the wire.
Yes.
[h3]
The Wire....sucks
[/h3]No.

I think I might like the Shield more because I watched it first. Or maybe it's because there's a lot more of a focused storyline, only focusing on 2 or 3 groups of people at once, instead of The Wire, which was up to like 6 groups by the end of the series. But Vic > any other TV cop.

Yes.
[h3]
The Wire....sucks
[/h3]No.

I think I might like the Shield more because I watched it first. Or maybe it's because there's a lot more of a focused storyline, only focusing on 2 or 3 groups of people at once, instead of The Wire, which was up to like 6 groups by the end of the series. But Vic > any other TV cop.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Yes.
[h3]
The Wire....sucks
[/h3]
No.

The Shield was also very repetitive.

Yes.
[h3]
The Wire....sucks
[/h3]
No.

The criminals on the Wire are so much stronger characters it's not even funny ( even Clay Davis and Brother Mouzone ).

Vic and  Lem  are the only main characters likable .     Anthony Anderson did a good job as Antown Micthell however.

The criminals on the Wire are so much stronger characters it's not even funny ( even Clay Davis and Brother Mouzone ).

Vic and  Lem  are the only main characters likable .     Anthony Anderson did a good job as Antown Micthell however.

too completely different shows..... not fair to compare the Wire is looking at the good and bad of within each individual person.....the cops as well

too completely different shows..... not fair to compare the Wire is looking at the good and bad of within each individual person.....the cops as well

Originally Posted by JoeClear

What about Ronnie?

And Anthony Anderson + Forest Whitaker = greatest supporting characters of all time. OF ALL TIME.
I also liked the ending of The Shield more than The Wire. But both are up there as some of my favorite.

Eh, I guess. Doesnt take away anything that made the series amazing, though.

What about Ronnie?

And Anthony Anderson + Forest Whitaker = greatest supporting characters of all time. OF ALL TIME.
I also liked the ending of The Shield more than The Wire. But both are up there as some of my favorite.

Eh, I guess. Doesnt take away anything that made the series amazing, though.

How do you justify all the critical praise for The Wire? It's one of the most critically acclaimed shows of all time. Many critics routinely ,and without much doubt, call it the best show ever. Is everyone wrong?

How do you justify all the critical praise for The Wire? It's one of the most critically acclaimed shows of all time. Many critics routinely ,and without much doubt, call it the best show ever. Is everyone wrong?

What about Ronnie?

Ronnie was up Vic's butt way too much ( He was almost like a dog) and he paid the price in the end

Back
Top Bottom