The what are you buying/selling on eBay at the moment thread vol. FeeBay

I think that what's he's saying, Rex. The sellers are eBay's customers because they pay. Free Fixed Listings March 4-8. Anybody got that invite?

Yeah I know, I see why people use it because it's more safe and you can reach a bigger audience. Sucks that they have cornered the auction market. I hope Amazon comes out with something that shuts them down, eBay has gotten real greedy.

Got hit with a $79 seller fee in January and haven't ****** with it since. I only used it to sell shoes that I didn't feel like selling in my local sneaker group.

Now I strictly sell on craigslist/the sneaker group.

Nothing. Usually sell off newer games I end up not liking, but after being hit with the seller fees, I'm done with eBay.

American Crew shampoo I don't want and GS Jordan 88's

Can't believe people are dropping $270 for GS size Jordan's

Yeah the fees are out of control. Seems like this is the new trend:

Jack up the price and list your item. Include some type of note in your subtitle or auction stating "message me for $XX.xx shipped." That way you're only charged the .50 listing fee and Paypal 4% and the buyer is not hesitant because they're protected through Paypal.

eBay is quickly trying to cockblock this.

Last edited:
I'm probably going to put up a pair of retro 88's on ebay in a few days. Do you guys feel craiglists is a better option? Haven't sold items in ebay in a while and I feel the same way as some of you guys, you get too many clowns and the service doesn't back the sellers against these clowns. I've never done craiglist and I feel like that's the wild wild west as anything could go down. I might go the Flightclub route as that doesn't seem much of a hassle and is straight forward. Anyone have experience with Flightclub?

not ebay....but sellin some jt tix on stubhub....i did not know they had 15% on u.....:wow:

well, ebay owns stubhub now, so its basically the same thing. :lol: ebay slowing monopolizing.

sold some kicks the other day for 335 shipped. 30 from ebay and 10 from paypal. :x

eBay is def all about blocking emails

I used to get so many Paypal only emails and all the sudden they have slowed

I can imagine this is against someone's rights so I picture a civil suit coming against them at some point

kicks....its the only way I can sell ****...tried forums and other things, ebay always works

I'm probably going to put up a pair of retro 88's on ebay in a few days. Do you guys feel craiglists is a better option? Haven't sold items in ebay in a while and I feel the same way as some of you guys, you get too many clowns and the service doesn't back the sellers against these clowns. I've never done craiglist and I feel like that's the wild wild west as anything could go down. I might go the Flightclub route as that doesn't seem much of a hassle and is straight forward. Anyone have experience with Flightclub?

If you go the Craigslist route, just be sure to complete the transaction in a public place i.e McD's, Mall, Dunkin Donutes, etc.

No way I'd sell "hot" kicks on Craigslist

Dudes will kill over rubber and leather without a second thought

If you go the Craigslist route, just be sure to complete the transaction in a public place i.e McD's, Mall, Dunkin Donutes, etc.
Yeah I think CL would be my last option, I've heard so many bad stories with CL that if I do use it, I'll probably specify that I will only ship product after payment is received. We'll see how much of a hassle it is if, if so I might just return the pair to FNL for another lucky person to grab. 

Last edited:
haven't bought shoes in a while, but quietly lurking for Grape AM 95s

Also, saw a car with a mega-man sticker, so now I'm looking for mega-man memorabilia :rolleyes

haven't bought shoes in a while, but quietly lurking for Grape AM 95s

Also, saw a car with a mega-man sticker, so now I'm looking for mega-man memorabilia
eyes.gif
PM me 
happy.gif

Last edited:
Trying to sell some shoes too. I have too many.

Og 14s white university blue are one the list.

Seems like no one wants these. I've had to relist a few times already.

The Niketalk Facebook group is the way to go. I have sold so many kicks the same day I listed them. As long as you put reasonable prices, you're good.

The Niketalk Facebook group is the way to go. I have sold so many kicks the same day I listed them. As long as you put reasonable prices, you're good.

Too many scam stories from there. The admin of the group doesn't ban scammers so it's a free for all in there. Gotta be extra careful smh. I'd check out local facebook groups before that nt group any day.

just sold 2 pairs of shoes and got hit with $55 in fees. my listings are always basic and minimum, $55 for final value fees? are you kidding me

Too many scam stories from there. The admin of the group doesn't ban scammers so it's a free for all in there. Gotta be extra careful smh. I'd check out local facebook groups before that nt group any day.

No idea how dudes get scammed so easily. Always do a PayPal transaction for a good. If something goes wrong, file a claim and get your money back. Ask for their Niketalk screen name and a list of references

No idea how dudes get scammed so easily. Always do a PayPal transaction for a good. If something goes wrong, file a claim and get your money back. Ask for their Niketalk screen name and a list of references

You over estimate people's intelligence

I see dumb people all the time but because I'm legit and never would rip someone off they are lucky

Last week I had a dude tell me he'll send me $275 as a gift in order to save the Paypal fees for some Cement 4's

Keep in mind I never ask anyone to send as a gift, people are just asking to be ripped off

^^^ This is true. Dude in NT Facebook Group wanted to sell me Cherry XIIs. This is how it went:

Me: How much
Him: $190 + 4%
Me: Nah, thanks though
Him: $190 gifted
Me: I don't mess with gift payments
Him: I'm grown man I don't scam. $185 gift but make it fast I have a buyer pending
Me: I'll do $170 + 4%
Him: I need $180
Him: Just give me $175 gift
Me: Refs?
(I do refs, guy checks out)
Me: Okay you have a deal
Him: I need $185 man
Me: Thought we had a deal and thought you were grown?
Him: $185
Me: :stoneface:

Doesn't illustrate your point exactly, but there are a lot of kids on there who don't present their kicks accurately, negotiate like absolute douche bags, and DO scam. I was gonna send this guy a gift payment because he checked out and I did my research....I normally wouldn't even consider it.

Back
Top Bottom