The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.5%

• Total voters
I literally burst out laughing in my office

People wondering what's wrong with me

British accent?

I'm hoping but for Christ sake

Last edited:
Yeah the British accent **** was way more of a red flag than the country music influence

I'm cringing already

After reading the article and seeing things like Max Martin being back, British accent, not relating to his older music anymore, the album being "schizophrenic". I'm expecting BBTM pt. 2 but him trying to be "edgy" with songs just put anywhere. Excitement level is extremely low 

Last edited:
This ************ says he doesn't relate to the old music anymore? :nerd: :wow:

I'm out.

Last edited:
Shows were better when it was 19+

Have fun turning up next to a 14y/o and her mom

This unfortunately reminds me, when I hit the San Jose BBTM show I was mid-way thru the blunt and got a tap from two girls. They asked me if they could hit it, I didn't even really think twice... they passed it back, giggling super hard. I just look w/ that, "TF so funny" face... one leans over and says "this is our first time smoking, we're 16" :smh: :smh: :smh:
:lol:

:smh:

It was fun while it lasted fellas.

Guess we'll always have the OG tapes and Kiss Land to listen to

At this point, Doc is the only reason to have the faintest bit of optimism for this project.

And even with that, I don't put much stock in. He's seen the amount of money brought in from BBTM. Everyone has a price. Dude could very well be in it this go around for the pay day.

This ************ says he doesn't relate to the old music anymore?
nerd.gif
eek.gif

I'm out.
In a roundabout way

Why would 26 year old, superstar Abel relate to 20 y/o I don't even want my co workers to know I make music or perform this stuff in front of people Abel?

Let the man grow

Growth is one thing, the music just hasn't been as good, that's really all we care about.

Nobody wants him to deliver Trilogy 2 but the music itself is just not as good from a production or writing standpoint.

It's about taste, maybe you don't get it.

He said he don't "relate" to the old music yet he still tries to keep the same content lyrically in the music but the sound isn't there.

It just really means that his taste has changed production wise to more pop leaning, which isn't growth.

Last edited:
Why do people keep saying he's growing

He's watering down his music to get more cash which is the opposite of growing

People said he was growing when bbtm came out

Of course he's gonna change over time that doesn't necessarily mean growth

Again I don't blame him for doing this

Last edited:
Eh, I wouldn't go that far but in essence yeah I guess he is. At least I personally still find some of his music to be great, including some tracks on BBTM. Especially his features or off album cuts

He's a muh****** starboy.

:lol:

Boy dun goofed.

Anyone else tired of actually seeing this dude?

Last edited:
Cant be mad at the direction he's heading. Almost no artist sticks to his roots their entire career, there's always some kind of growth, branching out, selling out w.e you wanna call it.

Look at the people he's working with now, he probably has 100 ideas and opinions thrown at him daily. Yes his music isn't as great, but most of it is still good music.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom