The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.5%

• Total voters
Sincerely hope the track featuring Lana is as depressing as possible
pimp.gif
All of this!

I want to feel absolutely dreadful by the time the track ends. 
laugh.gif

Came in late into the thread after the track list was release but damn I am not happy "Earned It" is on it because I straight up don't like the song at all.

Been waiting for the Lana and Weeknd collab so I'm super excited for that.

What if he drops a new darker earned it

New beat, new lyrics

Last edited:
What if he drops a new darker earned it

New beat, new lyrics
This is what I'm hoping for but that would ruin the point of him putting it on the album (to market it as another "hit" on the album).

I wouldn't be mad at an extended version with a darker version as the second half.

Could this album be the Thriller to his Off The Wall (Kiss Land)? MJ was disappointed in the reception for Off The Wall. Thriller was born from that logic.

Two different lanes of greatness, but there is hope.
I see what you're trying to say.

Both underperformed in Weeknd's and MJ's eyes so they went hard on that pop formula to make it as successful as possible.

I rethought it. Other than KotF and Tears in the rain, dude hasn't disappointed this far. I have full faith that BBTM will be a masterpiece. Especially if Earned It is reworked. I always dug the song, just never paid it too much mind because it was obviously for the masses. Whatever though. I'm hyped for the 28th. This summer has been great for music IMO. We got the DS2 gospel album, and now we're days away from Beerthoven's great grandson dropping his rendition of the moonlight sonata. Ready, b. :smokin

Sincerely hope the track featuring Lana is as depressing as possible :pimp:
This man knows :pimp:

If I'm not like dis midway through I'll be extremely disappointed:

I plan to be curled up in the fetal position by the time the song ends.

Last edited:
1- Real Life (Prod. By Abel Tesfaye, Jason Quenneville & Stephan Moccio) (Violin & Cello by Vanessa Freebairn-Smith)

2 - Losers (Prod. By Abel Tesfaye, Carlo Montagnese & Timothy McKenzie) (Feat. Labrinth)

3 - Tell Your Friends (Prod. By Abel Tesfaye, Robert Holmes & Carl Marshall) (Feat. Kanye West)

4 - Often (Prod. By Abel Tesfaye, Ben Diehl, Sabahattin Ali & Osman Ismen)

5 - The Hills (Prod. By Abel Tesfaye, Ahmad Balshe, Emmanuel Nickerson & Carlo Montagnese)

6 - Acquainted (Prod. By Abel Tesfaye, Jason Quenneville & Carlo Montagnese)

7 - Can't Feel My Face (Prod. By Abel Tesfaye, Max Martin & Savan Kotecha)

8 - Shameless (Prod. By Abel Tesfaye, Ahmad Balshe & Savan Kotecha) (Violin by Mattias Johansson)

9 - Earned it

10 - In The Night (Prod. By Abel Tesfaye, Ahmad Balshe & Max Martin)

11 - As You Are (Prod. By Abel Tesfaye, Danny Schofield & Ahmad Balshe)

12 - Prisoner (Prod. By Abel Tesfaye, Carlo Montagnese, Lana Del Rey) (Feat. Lana Del Rey)

13 - Dark Times (Prod. By Abel Tesfaye, Jason Quenneville & Edward Sheeran) (Feat. Ed Sheeran)

14 - Angel (Prod. By Abel Tesfaye, Ben Diehl & Stephan Moccio) / (Feat. Maty Noyes)

A little bit of Illangelo. No Doc.

Also a couple new features that weren't mentioned. Kanye and Maty Noyes. Not sure who Noyes is.

Last edited:
Damn a lot of features 

Shout my ***** Doc, that’s a mentor
Had some bad business, nothing personal
But now the word out that we back
On some young Quincy Jones, dark skin Michael Jackson

WELP

Nope, it was just something he did to add another layer of finesse to his concerts at that point, and it always transitioned into Part 1.

Son was on cloud 10 in that video :lol:

It's funny how being drugged out is part of his musical image, but how it kind of takes away from his ability to properly perform when he's living that out.

Last edited:
It's like what he does when performs Or Nah now. He has an extended version. 

But this is 10x better 
nthat.gif

Wish he still did the interlude 
tired.gif

IDk why often is on it

But if you don't know why earned it is on the album or understand then you might be selfish as a fan or an idiot :lol:

All and all its a slow/depressing r and B song and his BIGGEST song at that. Amazing if you ask me

I've learned that I can't place my expectations on others in general so who am I to say how the weeknd should make music or what kind of beats/subject he should use etc

So I never have expectations for any artist. I just take it all at face value and try to understand.

That being said, unlike some of you I am a fan of the "new" sound...which actually isn't new at all :pimp: and I've been around since HOB and still play it

Cook on brotha, cook on

Depending on the day, Kanye is my favorite rapper, but I'm not excited for his feature at all.

Not excited about the Ye feature. I can't remember the last newer Kanye song I actually legitimately enjoyed

Probably his track with Theophilus

Back
Top Bottom