The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%

• Total voters

dd0ea3869d565ba8abcd6af715fb4c33.gif

Underrated!!

Pure darkness in this track
Ordinary life was the one for me

The only problem with Ordinary Life and Reminder too, they're forced. Good music, a presence in the catalog, but everything from the lyrics to the placements is just a little forced.

He knew that's what we wanted to hear and he fed us. Tightly but nicely packed in between one too many ballads, and one too many 80's influenced dance records.

Attention the best song on the album anyway.

You compare Ordinary Life to Escape from LA, or After Hours, the new **** just hits different, in the old way.

Pen game all the way back too. He mastered his newish found craft on this one man.

I really respect what he did with Starboy. Shot for the commercial "moon" and hit it. But what he did on After Hours. :smh: Just a perfect mainstream package.

His artistry is unreal. The world pop status and the actual music. Singers like him are hard to come by, once in a generation type stuff.

AND WE AINT EEEM SEEN THE TOUR YET.

You think the tour is still going to go on as planned or be pushed back?
It’s gotta be pushed back. Surprised we haven’t heard by now. I’m seeing him in Pittsburgh in June. Honestly, as much as I didn’t want them to push it back, I’m not sure how comfortable I will be around all those people that soon. More will be revealed.

It’s gotta be pushed back. Surprised we haven’t heard by now. I’m seeing him in Pittsburgh in June. Honestly, as much as I didn’t want them to push it back, I’m not sure how comfortable I will be around all those people that soon. More will be revealed.

Yeah, I’m feeling the same. I have tickets for the Detroit show at the end of June, I have never seen him before and REALLY enjoy this album, but I don’t think I’d feel comfortable going that soon.

Back
Top Bottom