The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%

• Total voters
On a different note, it was interesting to see Drake be active on IG the same night and next day that After Hours released. Not a single mention or shoutout was given. This is after he already shouted him out on War

Wonder if Weeknd really aint ****in with dude no more, which would be sad. At this point the olive branch was already offered on Drake's side... hopefully no real bad **** went down between them in the past
Didn’t he **** Bella?

Illangelo did his thing one here, Metro too. They got a good chemistry.

Them Max Martin are really the weakest joints. I deleted blinding lights, in your eyes and save your tears. Album flows a lot better.

I think my time here has come to an end :lol:.

Album is mostly trash to me. I don't get any amount of old-Abel vibes. Him/his music is so far gone from what made me a fan in the first place. At this point it's borderline unbelievable to me that he made MDM. And this was the most optimistic I'd been for an album since before BBTM dropped.

I haven't read the thread since Thursday so idk what the NT consensus is. My friends seem to like it but after multiple spins I just can't get down with it.

:frown:

I think my time here has come to an end :lol:.

Album is mostly trash to me. I don't get any amount of old-Abel vibes. Him/his music is so far gone from what made me a fan in the first place. At this point it's borderline unbelievable to me that he made MDM. And this was the most optimistic I'd been for an album since before BBTM dropped.

I haven't read the thread since Thursday so idk what the NT consensus is. My friends seem to like it but after multiple spins I just can't get down with it.

:frown:
Sorry to hear that

I’m at work after a 3 week vacation and just want to listen to the album :frown:

Drove around town getting groceries so that meant another straight listen. The production on Faith and Until I Bleed out with the subtle haunting sound effects and darkness 🤯 Metro and Illangelo :sick: my God man

Both of those stood out today

The tracks with DaHeala are also disgusting and def that KL vibe

Those tracks stood out to me but they were nothing breath taking. If I heard them in passing and I didn't know they were The Weeknd I can't say that I would be adding them to my library.

Hardest to Love and Scared to Love are about him being an a hole to his girl tho 😂

source.gif

Save Your Tears is a cold track to me. Not classic, but catchy. Faith could be the one.
I wonder what the tracklist for the tour is going to look like. Hoping for some KL vibes thrown in somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom