The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think I'm ready to go and buy the physical STARBOY album off the strengf of I Feel It Coming alone.

Nothing Without You gets me in my feels every time too.

A month later I starting to rock a little more with some songs.

Sidewalks and starboy I can vibe to now...

Party monster is still so bad tho :x

Gonna give the album another listen soon

workaholics-no.gif

Do y'all think Abel is officially a powerhouse artist now?

I'm listening through his entire discography (starting from his unreleased stuff as The Noise) and I'm really happy dude has achieved tangible mainstream success.

Did he sell out / change his sound? Many would say yes, but that P1, models, and making sure mom never has to worry about $ anymore are worth it, imo.

Last edited:
Dude grew up, got more accustomed to having money and less familiar with the artist he was back in 2011. Can't knock him. Dude been saying "all that money the money is the motive" since years. Honestly speaking, I don't think the trilogy stuff would've ever caught on to the mainstream audience. Not everyone would be willing to embrace that sort of dark lifestyle. In terms of where he is now, I think he found the balance that he wanted. Sonically it's not what some of his older fans would want to hear, but it is what it is. Like I said, you can't be mad. Dude grew up. Hopefully we all have grown up by this point. HoB is gonna be 6 years old. That's enough time for a kid to have been conceived, birthed, and have started elementary school. :lol:

It is what it is at this point. If dude makes new music that I rock with, like The Hills, I'll listen. If he makes music I don't like, I won't listen. If dude makes horrendous garbage that makes me want to get lobotomized just to forget ever having listened, (Kotf and titr), I'll continue to create instagram accounts every week just to send off the slander. The one constant through either of those scenarios is that he has Trilogy and KL to fall back on and those are timeless.

I make it a point to try to listen to one of the older projects every Thursday.

I don't think he's quite a powerhouse artist yet but he's making the moves to be there. I don't necessarily think he's a household name yet.

Weeknd is definitely a house hold name in 2017.

His OLD stuff from HOB is getting placement in TV adds. His music is in movies and TV shows.

BBTM and Starboy get spins on every continent.

If Weeknd isn't a powerhouse artist, then the label only applies to Drake and Beyonce as it pertains to urban music.

Last edited:
Weeknd is definitely a house hold name in 2017.

His OLD stuff from HOB is getting placement in TV adds. His music is in movies and TV shows.

BBTM and Starboy get spins on every continent.

If Weeknd isn't a powerhouse artist, then the label only applies to Drake and Beyonce as it pertains to urban music.

Not even a question.

Dude pulled in 50+ million out last year, already has 3 #1 songs, last two albums have dominated the streaming platforms and he's selling out arenas.

He's on his own level because while he's a pop star his path and the content of his music/discography doesn't compare to anybody else.

Rihanna or Bieber haven't written something like The Trilogy and never could but he plays their game just as well as they do.

Not to mention how he runs his team and been getting money with his same ****** from the beginning while putting others in position.

That's why even if I don't **** with the music, I love to see the success because of what he deserves it and because of what he represents.

Last edited:
See I don't think he's quite there yet. I think he's one of the top rising stars in the industry today that could possibly reach those levels and he's making the right moves to get there...but not quite there yet...

i was gonna get tickets to 6lack too smh, weeknd performed starboy and reminder, "im just tryna swim in something wetter than the ocean" 
pimp.gif

Was listening to 28 and Valerie the other day...dude will never make music like that again

On the flip side Would love to see The Weeknd collab with lil uzi vert or 21 savage

If you gonna go pop...go all the way

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom