The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Can someone post his interview from GQ?

The only thing worth noting from that interview is that he doesn't care if the trilogy purists don't like his new music

"I obviously have those purist who will be like "This f______ sounds nothing like Trilogy, so this f______ sucks"[...] No, I don't care at all"

Last edited:
Sad that he feels that way but you can't blame him

I still mess with the music but you have to think of him as a completely new and different artist from the mixtape days

If he keeps making 16 song albums with 5-6 tracks sprinkled in then I guess that's all I can hope for.

Son had a .997 batting average after KL.

He should care about that, as an artist.

I'll show myself out of this thread until something good leaks.

Pop fans pay that $$$$$
Money is the motive!
Can't blame him though. just realized I haven't even played his last album more than 5 times. I didn't mind BBTM I actually liked it more.

He kinda...lamed out. Whatever though. He's making more people happy than he was, I guess.

You know, it kind of feels like instead of trying to trick pop fans into liking him, he tried to tricked his old fans into continuing to like him. That's that **** I don't like.

He can sing about not being a teen choice all he wants or trying to remind us that he's still that guy, but...he isn't.

Last edited:
He's making the music he wants to make and he seems to be happy with the end result. Artists should be creating what they want to create - not worrying about fans. It's not like he's a puppet for the label - he has full creative control.

Son had a .997 batting average after KL.

He should care about that, as an artist.

I'll show myself out of this thread until something good leaks.
Was just saying this to someone earlier. They brought up Girls Born in the 90s and I said that that was pretty much the last song in a long line of non-misses (if that's even a word :lol:).

Can someone post his interview from GQ?

The only thing worth noting from that interview is that he doesn't care if the trilogy purists don't like his new music

"I obviously have those purist who will be like "This f______ sounds nothing like Trilogy, so this f______ sucks"[...] No, I don't care at all"

No surprise there, but seeing it was still a little depressing :lol:

Oh well. I'll always appreciate his 4-peat and continue to tune in so long as his new stuff is appealing to my ears, but I'm done actually caring or anticipating.

Let me get a Kiss Land 5 Year Anniversary collection so I can give my final support and I'm good from there.

I'm still in the middle, I still dig the music and I'm still gonna anticipate new tunes. Unless it becomes corny.

I just threw Thursday on :smh: :smh: :smh:.

Headphones at like 50% to start off. Cranked to 100 a minute into the first song. Head shaking a minute into the third song so I check the tracklist to see what's coming next :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:.

He kinda...lamed out. Whatever though. He's making more people happy than he was, I guess.

You know, it kind of feels like instead of trying to trick pop fans into liking him, he tried to tricked his old fans into continuing to like him. That's that **** I don't like.

He can sing about not being a teen choice all he wants or trying to remind us that he's still that guy, but...he isn't.

Whos mans?

i copped the out of print Kiss Land vinyl the other day for under $30. I'm geeked.

And yeah the music quality slid from BBTM to SB. I'll always be on the lookout for his music because of the legacy but if he's trying to appeal to a demographic I'm not in I won't be spending these triple digits on concert tickets lol

Back
Top Bottom