The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Morning is his best song ever. Come at me.
Ok, you out here wylin' (per usual :rolleyes )

Not because The Morning isn't God level but because I can't eem make a top 5 w/o feeling like my brain is going to explode

I just can't pick one ring to rule them all.

All his features are God level tbh
"Dis my song now"

*Somali pirate voice*

Last edited:

HOB and most of the tapes make me want to do drugs, and I don't even do drugs. Tapes were just raw spit/freestyle **** with devilish production 

KL makes me just 
eek.gif
 at the writing and how well it goes with the cleaner production. Way more storytelling on KL, not a better or worse thing than the tapes
It's great zoning out to his OG stuff while you are on something.
I can't say this when HOB has Coming Down, The After Party, What You Need, Loft Music and Wicked Games.

KL is fire but HOB don't really have a skip able song to me besides maybe HOB/Glass Table Girls and that's only if I'm not in the mood to engage some savage memories.

Adaptation might be my favorite song of all time from him and that's on KL so there is that.
 Adaptation is one my favorite songs from Abel as well, the damn feels I get 
frown.gif

Nah. The Morning is quintessential Weeknd that just can't be topped in my book. It has:

Depth
"better slow down, she'll feel it in the morning/ ain't the kind of girl you'll be seeing in the morning"

Raunch
"Push it to the limit/ push it through the pain/ I push it for the pleasure like a virgin to the game"

Entendres
"Girl put in work"

One hell of an intro
One hell of an outro
Melodic af

I can go on about this track for a minute, but you all get the point. It can't be topped. Plus I have personal memories to that track that will always be a testament to who I was in my college/younger days. You all don't even know, man. :smh:

Nah. The Morning is quintessential Weeknd that just can't be topped in my book. It has:

Depth
"better slow down, she'll feel it in the morning/ ain't the kind of girl you'll be seeing in the morning"

Raunch
"Push it to the limit/ push it through the pain/ I push it for the pleasure like a virgin to the game"

Entendres
"Girl put in work"

One hell of an intro
One hell of an outro
Melodic af

I can go on about this track for a minute, but you all get the point. It can't be topped. Plus I have personal memories to that track that will always be a testament to who I was in my college/younger days. You all don't even know, man. :smh:
Kinda fact tbh

"I'm ****** gone right now" he mumbles to begin

The melody at the start>

Last edited:
Adaptation & The Birds Pt. 2 are probably my favorite Weeknd tracks.

Anytime I listen to those tracks it's like hearing em for the first time again.

Last edited:
The writing in Adaptation won't let me accept none of this new BBTM and beyond ****.

***** a real genius.

I still believe though.

Last edited:
The writing on Kissland is why I believe it's his best work.

Professional
The Town
Adaptation
Love in Sky

Pen game on the opening four tracks alone puts entire careers to shame. :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

A lot of ppl used to hate on kissland when it released. His performance at radio city for that album was fire.

I'll go back and give KL a listen.  I still believe that it's his worst piece of work, and I don't mean trash, everything else was just better to me.

His best feature to me is In Vein.

Picking a #1 song makes my brain hurt but...

The Birds Pt. 1 and 2 have always been so amazing to me. I treat them like one song and they are classics. 

The Morning is def 
nthat.gif

I don't know about y'all, but Kiss Land is so good to me. The transitions from Adaptation to Love In The Sky  
sick.gif

I really can't pick a fav song...

Valerie

Party and After Party

Coming Down

Next

Kiss Land

The Town

Pretty

Loft Music

etc...

ALL SO GOOD. 

KL undoubtedly the magnum opus. Only thing HOB has on it is rawness and realness, which is by no means to be discounted.

I can't say this when HOB has Coming Down, The After Party, What You Need, Loft Music and Wicked Games.
KL is fire but HOB don't really have a skip able song to me besides maybe HOB/Glass Table Girls and that's only if I'm not in the mood to engage some savage memories.

This.

A lot of ppl used to hate on kissland when it released. His performance at radio city for that album was fire.

I was too lit at that Radio City show, they kicked me out like 35 minutes in for blowing loud and and openly fondling my woman. :lol: :smh:

The whole time they kicking me out I'm like "Bruh are y'all even listening? He singing about this **** RIGHT NOW"

Was way too gone off the Henny, they probably made the right choice looking back. :lol:

Shouts to the homie Mister Meaner Mister Meaner though, met him there, cool people.

Last edited:
I was too lit at that Radio City show, they kicked me out like 35 minutes in for blowing loud and and openly fondling my woman.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

The whole time they kicking me out I'm like "Bruh are y'all even listening? He singing about this **** RIGHT NOW"

Was way too gone off the Henny, they probably made the right choice looking back.
laugh.gif

Shouts to the homie @Super Producer J though, met him there, cool people.
they weren't letting people blow trees at radio city or you were just being flagrant with it? 

they weren't letting people blow trees at radio city or you were just being flagrant with it? 
haha, I 'member dat awwsome awwsome , but everyone seemed flagrant with it tbh. Abel eem shouted the smokers out while on stage.

I came prepared for the next couple shows doe. Had the smokers section going for kotf and cozied up with this Mexican jawn who's name I forgot now. Definitely got way too blunted @ Barclays for bbtm. Don't eem member half the show :smh:.

Good times on each occasion. Got to meet new people and share great vibes with thousands of people.

haha, I 'member dat @awwsome, but everyone seemed flagrant with it tbh. Abel eem shouted the smokers out while on stage.

I came prepared for the next couple shows doe. Had the smokers section going for kotf and cozied up with this Mexican jawn who's name I forgot now. Definitely got way too blunted @ Barclays for bbtm. Don't eem member half the show
mean.gif

Good times on each occasion. Got to meet new people and share great vibes with thousands of people.
I was gonna say if Radio City is just straight up non weed friendly I should avoid it for these type of shows.

Barclays is actually the worst when it comes to smoking. every hip hop show I've been to they've hassled me. the onlyy time they didn't was at a Jay show a couple years back and he straight up said on stage "smokers light your **** up" and only then did I feel comfortable lol

Back
Top Bottom