The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Haha, I was at that JT performance he opened. I was the only one hype in my section. That was my highlight of the night, then had to sit through hours of JT.

Can't eem front, JT put on a good show.

"Tesfaye is soundchecking the same two songs he always does: "Can't Feel My Face" and "The Hills." SNL wanted him to do "In the Night" instead, but it's a tough song to sing live, and he didn't feel ready."

:x :frown:

I feel like "In the Night" has to be next.

I'm thinking Shameless, As You Are, and Prisoner are videos I would like to see done. I think he can get creative with those.

Yall have any of the album you would like to see?

These last 4 years have been one hell of a ride. I'll always be grateful for a majority of dude's work. As far as "one more project"... Not even going to get my expectations up for a revival of the old sound, but it would be a pleasant surprise.

ON TAYLOR SWIFT: “She actually schooled me on my own ****. She was like, ‘I’ve been listening to ‘The Morning’ [from House of Balloons] for years—it’s one of my favorite songs ever!’ I mean, she might have just Googled it. But she seemed genuine.”

Didn't she also say the first album she DL'd on iTunes was College Dropout?

Last edited:
I'd be okay with a FULL CALENDAR YEAR with out Nikki, Taylor and Miley :smh:

My guess his next album would be a year or 2 away from now. I mean I wouldn't be married but at 26, now 24, I could be in a relationship and not be into his music like that now and the last year and half.

But if we can get a mix tape of something close to his old ways I'd be cool with whatever that next album would be. I feel like with most artist if has like a serious break up, I can see him go full throttle back to his old ways :smokin and we get that raunch back.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree I feel like Bella definitely was a factor into the new direction. Not as big a factor as making money but nonetheless a factor

If they were to have a falling out maybe we see reflection in the music. He seems like a pretty loving person and seems to have really fallen for this chick

Listening to Hot 97 right now & they playing that pulling up joint with Weak Mills.

The sound is sullied with all these whack features and guest appearances.

Did bruh just sneak-wish for a break up?
mean.gif
laugh.gif

It is really not that serious. Also, I can't see In The Night being on the radio. The sound is poppy, but the content is too dark.

That rolling stone interview is interesting. Definitely getting the vibe that the weeknd feels he threw drake an ooop with take care (which he did) and has yet to get anything back.
Honestly the tracks that he worked on are what made that drakes best and most timeless album to me.

Man before the next album I HOPE he releases a mixtape with those "Gone"-like, mellow, freestyled songs he was talking about a few months back 
sick.gif
nthat.gif

That rolling stone interview is interesting. Definitely getting the vibe that the weeknd feels he threw drake an ooop with take care (which he did) and has yet to get anything back.
Honestly the tracks that he worked on are what made that drakes best and most timeless album to me.

Definitely played a big part in it, but those songs aren't what solely made it timeless

I didn't get any vibe that Weeknd feels like Drake owes him anything. I think they are both content in being their own entities 

I mean he went on to say he's very thankful for the shout out

It was def interesting to hear him say he gave away half an album though to drake.
That was basically what we all thought but don't know if we ever had concrete evidence of, which we do now.

Which leads me to be slightly angry to think that Abel had another album of material that he probably gave away. We know that pullin up sample is super old. Probably had remember you on deck. We could have had the trilogy, an album, then kissland.

But i can imagine now its hard to be bitter since the two biggest artist out right now are Drake and The Weeknd (imo)

His contributions to take care have been well known for a while now. I forget which article was but he definitely put it out there that he gave drake about 6-7 songs

Back
Top Bottom