The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Album is definitely worth another listen... Im actually feeling it

Only bad thing is that I feel like the songs dont flow together

I can see why doc don't support this album
Damb, they were supposed to be byke too

Doc came into the studio and Weeknd played some new **** and Doc did the Abe Simpson gif 
roll.gif

Last edited:
Drake wasn't the reason live for was bad :lol: that's all on Abel. Chorus was buns. Started off like it was gonna be fire too

Fams just thinking about the possible doc/ill produced tracks Abel might have sitting in a computer somewhere that where made some time ago
mean.gif
. On some Trilogy type flow. What if he did this more fast paced album just to get him on some strong ground. Then he releases a whole bunch of savagery in a year or so

Last edited:

Fams just thinking about the possible doc/ill produced tracks Abel might have sitting in a computer somewhere that where made some time ago. On some Trilogy type flow. What if he did this more fast paced album just to get him on some strong ground. Then he releases a whole bunch of savagery in a year or so
That's all we can hope for tbh

I'm OK with this mainstream stuff but it isn't going to be getting plays far into the future

I don't wanna say this, but I kinda hope this flops harder than Kissland so he can go back to what he's best at

Yea, there's no chance this album flops in terms of sales at least.

I haven't listened yet, but I think the best thing OG Weeknd fans can do is be as loud as can be when voicing their disappointment in this new direction.

Last edited:
I've listened to the album in full a few times now. It's a great pop album, but it's not a great Weeknd album, if that makes sense.

I'm not even mad at the pop sound, I just feel like the album lacks growth. Lyrically it's a step down from Kissland and overall it's just not nearly as cohesive as his previous work, especially compared to KL.

Kissland is pretty much my favorite body of work from him. 

Last edited:
Lol at this track flopping. Only reason KissLand...flopped??... Is because he still wasn't well known as he is now. I believe someone said I forget who that when he was starting to be more well known with the Fifty Shades tracks and collabs with Ariana etc, that Trilogy made some extra sales. All about you being well known.

I'm from NJ and Fetty Wap lived 45min from me. I never heard of dude until his first big hit and thats when I found out he's from NJ. Now everybody knows him

Last edited:
Nah, he ain't going plat. I think ya'll overestimating this new fanbase ya'll think he has.

He's selling out arena's and has had 3 songs in the top 10 with the #1 song in the world.

Ain't nobody overestimating anything b.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom