The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
His cover was dope to me. I love MJ's version but I always thought MJ was outta place singing that, it feels like a Prince record.
the DD cover was real good. 

i have that Bad LP on vinyl and the last time i heard it, i swear, all i visioned was the weeknd. 

its funny how that happens, im a big fan of The Doors and ever since i saw the oliver stone movie "The doors", every time i hear a Doors song i envision Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison more so than the actual Jim Morrison. Val Kilmer nailed that role.  

The video is exactly how I imagined, Weeknd dressed up with a bunch of upscale strippers/dances 
laugh.gif

When I heard DD my jaw hit the ground. Wasn't expecting the tape to start off like that at all :pimp:

First time I heard Kiss Land (the song) I probably played it a good ten times.

Still bump HOB everyday.

Timeless classic.
Don't think any artist has a better introduction song to their first project or any project for that matter than The Weeknd on HOB. 

Not even because "High For This" is flames on its own but the meaning & symbolism for THAT song to be the first song on his first official project is amazing.

Dude's storytelling is unparalleled. 

Last edited:
Interesting hearing you guy's opinions on Kissland and how dark it is in terms of sound.  Sonically in terms of the production and soundscape, for me it's easily darkest project in his catalog after EOS. 

HOB was never particularly dark to me. Except for High For This, Wicked Games, Coming Down, The Knowing. What You Need maybe. I realize that's half the album but everything else like The Morning, The Party/After Party, Loft Music, HOB title track etc borders on blissful. Easily his happiest project to me. 

Thursday was certainly darker but still not the right label for me. I'd go more with something like sad or gloomy. Thursday makes the room feel like its raining outside.  Now EOS was cold and dark. **** sounds like a winter in Quebec. XO/The Host, Initiation, Montreal, Outside, The Fall, Next, DD. Pretty much the whole thing. I know I'm in the minority on this but EOS to Kissland was also the most seamless transition between projects to me.

Kissland is dark top to bottom too. Takes a quick break for Wanderlust that's it. I guess Tears In the Rain is a little lighter too which is funny cause the content is not. Never really saw the vast departure a lot of you guys saw from Trilogy to KL in terms of production and sound but maybe that's because none of the production from disc to disc on Trilogy ever seemed all that similar to me. Gone is an obvious exception but each of his first three projects were always pretty distinct to me and I'd argue EOS and Kissland are the most similar in terms of sound. 

Last edited:
Just watched the Earned It video. Anyone see the 5 in his hairline / beard. I think it's to represent his 5th body of music since us real fans know trilogy is three EPs, Kissland is the 4th and we should be getting a 5th this year in 2015.

Weeknds versatility is so under rated.

Back when we heard HOB for the first time I bet no one could see him doing something like earned it. And it's fire.

THAT REACH !!! 
roll.gif

i love the weeknd , my mancrush nohomo , me and my friends freestyle over instrumentals for hours at a time while we 
pimp.gif
 and they say im the weeknd of the crew 

earned it sucks. never been able to say that about ANY weeknd song ......probably because its some soundtrack crap that we will all forget about by summer ..........give me another EOS AURA TAPE/ALBUM PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE , start rapping like favorite one night stand , glass table girls , king of the falls last verse too b ......give us a grimey but good guy song like "rescue you" pleaseeeeeeee LOL 

THAT REACH !!! :rofl:

i love the weeknd , my mancrush nohomo , me and my friends freestyle over instrumentals for hours at a time while we :pimp:  and they say im the weeknd of the crew 

earned it sucks. never been able to say that about ANY weeknd song ......probably because its some soundtrack crap that we will all forget about by summer ..........give me another EOS AURA TAPE/ALBUM PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE , start rapping like favorite one night stand , glass table girls , king of the falls last verse too b ......give us a grimey but good guy song like "rescue you" pleaseeeeeeee LOL 
What is this thread coming to....

Back
Top Bottom