The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
:lol: :pimp: @ that story..

I'd share some Weeknd stories too but I'm pretty sure I'm watched on here :smh:

I used to be watched on NT also.

Ever since I figured out it was happening, I stopped telling stories as often and I'm always vague when I post one. :smh:

I finally listened to dude's album, and to say I didn't like it at all is a big understatement. How was the reception for his album in this thread?

Didn't see him at coachella the 1st go round but the stream looked not up to par. Saw him a month after that at the Hollywood Cemetery, one of the best shows I ever witnessed.

Recently saw him at the Life is Beautiful festival to see how the festival crowd compares and they were incredible and the energy was high (Vegas Friday night opening up for Kanye). Have to skip coachella this year but I would love to see a solo show in between the weekends. Maybe at the SB Bowl

Didn't see him at coachella the 1st go round but the stream looked not up to par. Saw him a month after that at the Hollywood Cemetery, one of the best shows I ever witnessed.

Recently saw him at the Life is Beautiful festival to see how the festival crowd compares and they were incredible and the energy was high (Vegas Friday night opening up for Kanye). Have to skip coachella this year but I would love to see a solo show in between the weekends. Maybe at the SB Bowl
could have gone up to SB show of the kissland tour with some girl i used to mess with

still caught him at the greek on the LA stop though. got my kissland cd autographed, meet the young gawd and chopped it up for a cool 2-3 seconds

Last edited:
Damn. Maybe I need to relisten to it
laugh.gif

I cant speak of the lyrics, but I just didn't like the sound at all. Compared to the trilogy, I was like whut is this?

Last edited:
Baby, you can have it all
Baby, you can have the cars, the clothes, the jewels, the sex, the house

Baby, you could be... A star :evil: :pimp:

I don't do any of that ranking nonsense, but I knew Thursday would be special less than a minute into this joint right here, and I get that same feeling every time I hear it.

This song deserves reverence.

Last edited:
Baby, you can have it all
Baby, you can have the cars, the clothes, the jewels, the sex, the house

Baby, you could be... A star :evil: :pimp:

I don't do any of that ranking nonsense, but I knew Thursday would be special less than a minute into this joint right here, and I get that same feeling every time I hear it.

This song deserves reverence.
Lonely Star was the song that reeled me in :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:.

Fam, in the beginning you aren't even half way there to understanding if you don't listen/watch the lyrics while you listen because almost every song is a short film. Here's an alley-oop, with a quick background of the song leading into a song with it's lyrics, but honestly in short... if you haven't ever messed with a couple birds with nothing but one thing in mind, had a GF with previously said thoughts of straying from time to time, drank and/or done drugs with or in the presence of pretty females be it associates/friends/strippers/prostitutes this just may not be your cup of tea.

The Weeknd- Belong To The World

I interpreted ‘belong to the world’ as meaning that she was in the prostitution/stripping business (‘you want your money/you do this every day’) and while he feels himself falling in love with her, he also knows it is a doomed fate (instead of wanting to embrace her, he should leave/mistreat her like the typical behavior towards prostitutes)... so instead he's learned to appreciate the empty beautiful stripper/entertainer/h0e (whichever applies) for nothing more than what she really is, a temporary good time. 

Last edited:

Fam, in the beginning you aren't even half way there to understanding if you don't listen/watch the lyrics while you listen because almost every song is a short film. Here's an alley-oop, with a quick background of the song leading into a song with it's lyrics, but honestly in short... if you haven't ever messed with a couple birds with nothing but one thing in mind, had a GF with previously said thoughts of straying from time to time, drank and/or done drugs with or in the presence of pretty females be it associates/friends/strippers/prostitutes this just may not be your cup of tea.

I interpreted ‘belong to the world’ as meaning that she was in the prostitution/stripping business (‘you want your money/you do this every day’) and while he feels himself falling in love with her, he also knows it is a doomed fate (instead of wanting to embrace her, he should leave/mistreat her like the typical behavior towards prostitutes)... so instead he's learned to appreciate the empty beautiful stripper/entertainer/h0e (whichever applies) for nothing more than what she really is, a temporary good time. 

There's no need to explain it to anyone. At the end of the day, the lifestyle depicted in Weeknd's music is one that some just aren't familiar with. And it's better that they don't understand. Because in reality, it's degenerate behavior that some of us have partaken in, and the world doesn't need to be overran with our kind. When it's all said and done...

This ain't nothin to relate to... Even if you tried.

There's no need to explain it to anyone. At the end of the day, the lifestyle depicted in Weeknd's music is one that some just aren't familiar with. And it's better that they don't understand. Because in reality, it's degenerate behavior that some of us have partaken in, and the world doesn't need to be overran with our kind. When it's all said and done...

This ain't nothin to relate to... Even if you tried.
I didn't say anything about the lyrics. It's the sound I can't mess with.  I liked the trilogy partly due to how it sounds. That's not to say, I wasn't feeling the lyrics to this album.

Last edited:

Not that you're wrong because that was definitely the purpose of the song to work in different ways but BTTW is about the music/the industry and Abel's relationship to it :lol: Making music for the labels - he's the professional now - get it?

Also @tay1 - a solid amount of people feel the same way you do. Not on NT tho :lol: Some have stronger opinions on it than others - but he went with a different sound, worked with new producers + writers and things didn't click as beautifully as they did in the Trilogy. Still a very strong and encouraging project for many reasons.

Not that you're wrong because that was definitely the purpose of the song to work in different ways but BTTW is about the music/the industry and Abel's relationship to it
laugh.gif
Making music for the labels - he's the professional now - get it?

I've seen some people say what you're referring to in the past and I'd love to personally ask him what we're discussing to confirm, but obviously it's all perspective and while I copy/pasted the description I put above (outside of the last sentence "...so instead he's learned") I truly think that's the picture this song was painting.

Last edited:
Not that you're wrong because that was definitely the purpose of the song to work in different ways but BTTW is about the music/the industry and Abel's relationship to it
laugh.gif
Making music for the labels - he's the professional now - get it?

Also @tay1 - a solid amount of people feel the same way you do. Not on NT tho
laugh.gif
Some have stronger opinions on it than others - but he went with a different sound, worked with new producers + writers and things didn't click as beautifully as they did in the Trilogy. Still a very strong and encouraging project for many reasons.
Yeah I read about him working with new producers, and listening to it, it shows. But then I hear Often (and some of his other newer song), and that song isn't too far from the stuff on the trilogy.

Abel should get the "Wing Man of the Year" award 'cause lawd knows he's helped y'all ninjas get in a lot of draws of the strength of his game...:lol:

I wish it was as easy as playing a song and having whatever woman's clothes fall off and spread eagle

Kind of logic is that 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom