The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
HOB still isnt old to me but I thirst for some more stuff. ESPECIALLY after trust issues remix I couldnt take it no more. just drop Thursday and we'll leave him alone for awhile and he wont have to over saturate

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

I like the fact hes not doin any interviews, gives that mysterious vibe.
I agree. Dude is super lowkey right now, it's crazy. Everyone knows about this guy but I never see him being interviewed or on the radio or any talk shows.

And also the problem is with HOB it was such a damb good album that I'm already tired of it. I listen to it everyday and have been for months but I'm tired of it lol. I need new stuff

I'm not tired of HOB.

I'm tired of not having new material post HOB (besides Birds/Rolling Stone).

HOB is still
pimp.gif

Sidenote:  Where to order that shirt?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

Sidenote:  Where to order that shirt?
nerd.gif
As of now it's only available to those who attend his show tonight, a run of 250 were made.

Was there or was there not tickets at the door for this show? I was gonna head down, cause I heard there were gonna be 100 tickets at the door. Then dudes twitter says naw, now there are once again people saying there would be 100 tickets at the door. Can I get a definite answer?

My friend texted me this not too long ago - "Yo im in line to go into the weeknd show and it's #++%%+. Scalpers selling tickets for $200 and people are goin crazy. #@%% galore" -
laugh.gif

edit - "females" galore

I really wonder how the XO click will prevent people from taking cell phone videos.

Originally Posted by Hip89

Not trying to %@#% on anyones party. But have you guys ever heard of over saturation? I know his first mixtape didn't have that many songs, but still why would he drop another one only 4 months after dropping the 1st? People are still finding out about HOB, and he hasn't even done an interview or anything like that. So I don't see why you'd  think he would drop another one so soon
ohwell.gif
uhh no, oversaturation would be Gucci dropping a mixtape like every month in the late 2000s (which worked pretty damn well for him, btw). 
in todays music climate there is no such thing as oversaturation.. new artists have to put in the work if they want their name to get out there.

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by Hip89

Not trying to %@#% on anyones party. But have you guys ever heard of over saturation? I know his first mixtape didn't have that many songs, but still why would he drop another one only 4 months after dropping the 1st? People are still finding out about HOB, and he hasn't even done an interview or anything like that. So I don't see why you'd  think he would drop another one so soon
ohwell.gif
uhh no, oversaturation would be Gucci dropping a mixtape like every month in the late 2000s (which worked pretty damn well for him, btw). 
in todays music climate there is no such thing as oversaturation.. new artists have to put in the work if they want their name to get out there.

I think people these days are just used to artist dropping mixtapes, dropping an album every 10 months, being on every song/remix going at the moment.
That's not necessarily a good thing.   They're everywhere but most of the work is average IMO.

Quality > Quantity.  I appreciate far more, an artist that takes their time actually creating 9 great songs, rather than patching together 30 remixes to whatever the hottest beats are at the moment.  Selfishly, we all want everything we can get from our favorite artists, but I feel like a slow pace lets the listener appreciate the material more, and allows for more longevity,

by letting the artist and fans grow together, rather than being over them in 2yrs.  In a time where every pointless detail about an artists is breaking news I welcome the mystery

surrounding this one.

where are the NTers who went to the show? i want to hear the setlist. i hope we can get some new music now 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Slim

where are the NTers who went to the show? i want to hear the setlist. i hope we can get some new music now 
laugh.gif

Someone had posted it on another forum last year, but the pages got deleted. He pretty much did every song on HoB (I'm not sure about The Morning though), Rolling Stone, and after much chanting for an encore, he did The Birds Pt. 1.

He did every song on the mixtape plus the two songs he dropped.

His vocal game is on point. I didn't really expect him to do that well, but he did. And the band was amazing as well. Hearing these songs live makes this mixtape that much better.

And yo, people were willing to spend mad $$$ on tickets in the line. Was bout to let it go for $200 lol.

you could tell dude was a little shakey and nervous at the beginning of the concert. the brawd playing the bass was bangin.

all in all pretty dope show. i was expecting drizzy to come out and perform. he was in attendance. i guess they'll unveil any work they've done together at OVO (if they will at all)

Originally Posted by quik1987

Was there or was there not tickets at the door for this show? I was gonna head down, cause I heard there were gonna be 100 tickets at the door. Then dudes twitter says naw, now there are once again people saying there would be 100 tickets at the door. Can I get a definite answer?

Back
Top Bottom