The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Just a singer basically got famous from drakes shadow

IMO, the weeknd's success has very little to do with Drake. Apart from two songs, only one of which got any radio play (Crew love), it's not as of they've been tag teaming on tracks. I give Aubrey his props for the simple fact that a lot of people wondered what the **** OVOXO meants, thereby giving Abel some attention when folks tried to do research on the acronym.

Other than that, he did a great job establishing himself on his own I'd say. What really helped is the air of mystery dude created for himself. NO INTERVIEWS. The only time you hear dude's voice is on records talking aboat doing hella drugs.

IMO, the weeknd's success has very little to do with Drake. Apart from two songs, only one of which got any radio play (Crew love), it's not as of they've been tag teaming on tracks. I give Aubrey his props for the simple fact that a lot of people wondered what the **** OVOXO meants, thereby giving Abel some attention when folks tried to do research on the acronym.

Other than that, he did a great job establishing himself on his own I'd say. What really helped is the air of mystery dude created for himself. NO INTERVIEWS. The only time you hear dude's voice is on records talking aboat doing hella drugs.

Drake's shadow is dumb but Drake's twitter co-sign played a huge part on the Weeknd being spread around the internet. Even before they did a record together.

I like The Weeknd, but Future is a much better singer
I mean. . . I guess I wasn't joking! 

Future's singing is awful, ecspecially on the chorus of 'Turn On The Lights'

LMAO at the guys who thought I was serious! 
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Obvious sarcasm apparently wasn't obvious!

Back
Top Bottom