The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

That's the issue right there. I mean, granted you don't want to give your rival ammo. But to be considered a rival, both parties need to stand a relatively equal chance of competing, and until Spain's handling of money for football clubs changes, that rivalry will never be a true rivalry.

Yea but it's definatly still a heated rivalry man. Liverpool and Arsenal don't win but when they play Manchester its a huge rivalry game. Same with Man-City & Man Utd, Man City was horrible, but they still hated each other. Wouldn't even try to attempt deals.

The reason why Atleti is considering to sell Falcao is because of their financial situation. They're in debt since last year and due to the fact that they could not pay it off UEFA never gave them the prize money for winning the Europa league last season. It's a shame tho
I'd be upset if we lose Falcao :smh:
Diego was loaned in last year, our keep Cortouis is also loaned. The latter being a Chelsea player

First Torres, then Kun, then Forlan, now maybe Falcoa :smh:

The reason why Atleti is considering to sell Falcao is because of their financial situation. They're in debt since last year and due to the fact that they could not pay it off UEFA never gave them the prize money for winning the Europa league last season. It's a shame tho
Diego was loaned in last year, our keep Cortouis is also loaned. The latter being a Chelsea player

Hey man, I'm a Porto fan. I've seen some our best come and go all the time, I feel your pain. I never wanted to see Falcao go either, but we always bounce back. Ya'll will to. It's the game we play.

I dont know where else to post this, Im hoping some of you more experienced guys can help me out.

I been playing soccer more frequently , and recently, as I kick the ball, my ankle starts to hurt. It's the area on the front on the ankle, right around where the tongue of a sneaker would lay. I read up on some of it and apparently it's a real common injury called footballer's ankle.

Now, my question is, is it due to how I'm kicking the ball? Am i not locking my ankle/ tucking my heel correctly? I want to get better at kicking but it's so frustrating after a few kicks and then I could barely walk.

Just wondering if anyones ever had this problem and how you got around it. Love the sport, don't want to stop because I might just have some Stephen Curry ankles.

Been trying to tell my friends about Belgium for a while. Looking forward to see how well Mexico and Japan play

1zplmc7.gif

Takashi Usami who plays for Hoffenheim

I dont know where else to post this, Im hoping some of you more experienced guys can help me out.
I been playing soccer more frequently , and recently, as I kick the ball, my ankle starts to hurt. It's the area on the front on the ankle, right around where the tongue of a sneaker would lay. I read up on some of it and apparently it's a real common injury called footballer's ankle.
Now, my question is, is it due to how I'm kicking the ball? Am i not locking my ankle/ tucking my heel correctly? I want to get better at kicking but it's so frustrating after a few kicks and then I could barely walk.
Just wondering if anyones ever had this problem and how you got around it. Love the sport, don't want to stop because I might just have some Stephen Curry ankles.

Had a teammate who had the condition once upon a time; he needed surgery to remove bone spurs. It may not be that serious, but if it's flaring up after just a few kicks you should get it checked out. Hope everything works out man.

Spain-France should be good tomorrow. La Roja actually lined up in a 3-1-3-3 last game against Belarus. :lol: Really fascinating to watch, but they'll be more conservative tactically against France. Argentina-Uruguay was entertaining too. Messi was absolutely imperious.

Last edited:

Hey man, I'm a Porto fan. I've seen some our best come and go all the time, I feel your pain. I never wanted to see Falcao go either, but we always bounce back. Ya'll will to. It's the game we play.

Yea that's true but the financial situation is killing everybody in Spain

It can also be your shoe laces that hurt you or the type of material the ball is made out of
Just give it a rest

There's no good in playing with an unhealed injury. I got my ankle swollen in a one on one clash (foot twisted cus I entered wrong) and I kept playing on that swollen ankle. It wasn't a pleasant feeling

Last edited:
1zplmc7.gif

Takashi Usami who plays for Hoffenheim

Became a fan of him when he was loaned to Bayern. I'm hoping that after this spell he moves to a German club permanently. A lot of good Japanese players in German. Is there a strong connection that can be pin pointed, something within their cultures? I rather not sound ignorant but besides The Axis I can't think of anything.
I'm a little surprised he hasn't been called up for the NT. He got a call up once or twice and after that he went back to the U23 team.

Joseph Gyau is an American plays for the team..well he's currently loaned out

There's also a friendly against Brasil and Japan at 8am ET today. Hopefully my boy Ryo can get some pt

Last edited:
Became a fan of him when he was loaned to Bayern. I'm hoping that after this spell he moves to a German club permanently. A lot of good Japanese players in German. Is there a strong connection that can be pin pointed, something within their cultures? I rather not sound ignorant but besides The Axis I can't think of anything.
I'm a little surprised he hasn't been called up for the NT. He got a call up once or twice and after that he went back to the U23 team.
Joseph Gyau is an American plays for the team..well he's currently loaned out
There's also a friendly against Brasil and Japan at 8am ET today. Hopefully my boy Ryo can get some pt

German clubs simply have a strong scouting presence in Japan/J-League. Great business to be made such as in Kagawa's case - I believe BvB first purchased him for less than half a million Euros. It's no wonder the Bundesliga is the most financially-sound league.

:rofl: @ mentioning the Axis. A failed war alliance between two long deposed regimes isn't a cultural connection. C'mon now. :smh:

Last edited:
Brazil put in work today...

Neymar for 2
Kaka for 1
Paulinho for 1

JPN just couldn't cut it today...

All-time World Cup Qualification top scorers list:

Ali Daei (IRN) - 35 goals in 51 games
CARLOS RUIZ (GUA) - 29 goals in 36 games
Kazu Miura (***) - 27 goals in 31 games
Andriy Shevchenko (UKR) - 26 goals in 40 games

Ruiz will put in work tonight. He needs a world cup appearance and the record.
Vamos Guate!!!

Messi we need another big game from you. 3pts and we are basically set for Brazil 2014.

Im scared for our team against Guatemala just because I've seen nothing inspiring in recent USMNT games. Plus no Landon, Jozy, Fabian Johnson, or Jermaine Jones... I just hope we can keep the ball which probably won't be the case.:smh:

Wow... what's this between Serbia and England in the U21's?  Ugly scenes??? :nerd:

Monkey chants came out from Serbian players it seems and the ref Gave Danny Rose a second yellow AFTER the match hand ended...(forcing him to be banned for the next match)

Serbian's just started attackin anyone in an ENG jersey...

Spain still runnin that false 9 with Fabregado up front system...

I hoped to see El Nino or Llorente but I guess that's too much to ask...

is Villa injured?

I really thought he'd be out there...

I really enjoy the website Zonal Marking for discussing tactics. I never realized how loaded this Benfica squad was.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/03/02/benfica-the-most-attactive-side-in-europe/
Where are they now?
LB: Coentrao - Real Madrid
CB: Luiz - Chelsea
LW: Di Maria - Real Madrid
DM: Javi Garcia - Manchester City
RW: Ramires - Chelsea

Na son, Porto was better. Treble won in 2011. Hulk and Falcao were Deadly.

Where are they now?

LB: Pereira - Inter Milan
RW: Hulk - Zenit (for like 40 million)
FW: Falcao - Atletico (for 40 million)...soon to be Chelsea/Real
MF: Fredy Guarin - Inter Milan
MF: Moutinho - On the Transfer list to England soon

Porto > Benfica :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom