The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

danny's reaction is the best

Falcao hat trick, looking like he could get 4 or 5. Needless to say, dude is a monster.

Bielsa not doing himself any favors with the senior players taking Hererra off for a 19 year old. A brilliant football mind, but his stints never end well so we'll see what happens. No easy solutions for Athletic, they're losing their best players, and they can't exactly reinforce their squad unless they can raid the other Basque clubs.

Last edited:
Tiago with a screamer.

What a goal that was.

Atlético have just owned Atheltic throughout the whole match.

4-0.

Last edited:
Apparently City have like 60 mill quid ready to spend to buy more people they don't need.
:lol:
Gotta be Sinclair followed by Agger and then Jovetic.

For all the hype Cavani gets, Falcao is a step better. Has been a clinical finisher everywhere he goes regardless of league, River, Porto,and Atleti. Have no doubts he could succeed in the Premiership, Serie A, or Bundesliga. Pride of Colombia.

What's up with all this Dempsey to Sunderland talk as of late? That's a slight step up from Fulham but still...

What's up with all this Dempsey to Sunderland talk as of late? That's a slight step up from Fulham but still...

It's better than going to West Ham :lol:
But I really don't see him doing any better than Liverpool within the EPL. The Spurs and Newcastle are possibilities but I don't think they are interested. I think Arsenal would be a reach. I don't see him leaving England either.

I support that move by the Timbers. We need someone good enough to develop the young guys, just hope he doesnt have the same results as he did with the U-23 team.

:lol: at Tottenham.

Buck Rodgers has stones starting Raheem Sterling against City over the weekend. Kid has pace for days and whips in dangerous crosses. Younger, potentially better version of Theo Walcott or Aaron Lennon. Could help Carroll's growth.

Buck Rodgers has stones starting Raheem Sterling against City over the weekend. Kid has pace for days and whips in dangerous crosses. Younger, potentially better version of Theo Walcott or Aaron Lennon. Could help Carroll's growth.

He looks good, I think he'll be better than Walcott.

LP also have Villyan Bijev, an American who is on loan right now so he can get a work permit

Guessing Spurs will be given first option of signing the RM first team rejects. Not a bad thing considering they've sold players like Eto'o and Sneijder in the past. Levy's no fool.

Great day for football yesterday. City, PSG, and Madrid all dropping points. :lol:

Osasuna played well. Playing such a high line is usually suicidal, but their work rate made it difficult for Barca to exploit the space. That, and Cesc still looks lost in midfield. A cause for concern, but Thiago is back training so that's a boost. Tito showed his tactical acumen by going 4-2-4 and letting Messi drift in front of three strikers which led to his brace.

Here's the Ray Hudson call for those who couldn't watch. The shot at LeBron :rofl:

And here's Ronaldinho being Ronaldinho:

:pimp:

Last edited:
LP also have Villyan Bijev, an American who is on loan right now so he can get a work permit
Showed calm nerves against last year's domestic champions. Not afraid to run at defenders. Quick to cross and often puts in good balls for Borini, who has been extremely wasteful thus far early on. It's funny that LFC courted Walcott very seriously, yet they have the younger and potentially better version.

Honestly don't know too much about Bijev's game. Strengths, weaknesses, etc. Just know he's of Bulgarian descent and currently on loan. Got a good scouting report for me?

Showed calm nerves against last year's domestic champions. Not afraid to run at defenders. Quick to cross and often puts in good balls for Borini, who has been extremely wasteful thus far early on. It's funny that LFC courted Walcott very seriously, yet they have the younger and potentially better version.

Honestly don't know too much about Bijev's game. Strengths, weaknesses, etc. Just know he's of Bulgarian descent and currently on loan. Got a good scouting report for me?

From the couple of articles on him they said: good a making runs, good instincts, deft touch. The couple of short videos I saw, he certainly is a goal seeker, nice runs and ending up in the right place to score.

There's alot of talk of Nani to Zenit for 25m.
It's a tough choice. People (including me) complain about consistency. But consistency in the winger position is very difficult. Also United are thin in the midfield. We've all seen what could happen with injury. I think they should only sell, if they have a replacement lined up, who's actually ready to come in.

There's alot of talk of Nani to Zenit for 25m.
It's a tough choice. People (including me) complain about consistency. But consistency in the winger position is very difficult. Also United are thin in the midfield. We've all seen what could happen with injury. I think they should only sell, if they have a replacement lined up, who's actually ready to come in.

Yeah know what you saying, Nani is one of the few match winners we have but 25million would be hard to turn down when we have Valencia, Young and Kagawa that can cover out their,
If that money was going to go back into the team i would probably say accept, but if it is going right into Glazer bank account then No :smh:

• Liverpool want Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge, 22, and will sell midfielders Charlie Adam, 26, and Stewart Downing, 28, to raise the funds to buy him. - Daily Mirror
  • Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole, 30, could be set for a shock return to West Ham before the end of the transfer window. - talkSPORT
  • Manchester City are closing in on Fiorentina's 19-year-old Serbia defender Matija Nastasic, with Montenegro defender Stefan Savic, 21, - plus cash - going the other way. - Gazetta dello Sport
  • QPR are set to complete the signing of Brazilian goalkeeper Julio Cesar, 32, from Inter Milan. - Daily Mail
  • Tottenham hope to complete the triple signing of Moussa Dembele, 25, from Fulham, Lyon goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, 25, and Shakhtar Donetsk striker Willian, 24. - The Times (subscription only)
  • Genk's 21-year-old international striker Christian Benteke has emerged as a leading target for Aston Villa. - Birmingham Mail
  • Sunderland are hopeful of beating Liverpool to the signing of striker Clint Dempsey, 29, after opening talks with Fulham over a transfer. - Metro
  • Barcelona will this week sanction the loan departure of Dutch winger Ibrahim Afellay, 26, with Arsenal and Tottenham interested. - talkSPORT
  • Everton have made an enquiry for Dundee United's highly-rated 22-year-old forward Johnny Russell. - SkySports
  • Wigan are trying to sign Honduran midfielder Roger Espinoza, 25, from MLS side Sporting Kansas City. - The Sun
  • Manchester City are considering a deadline-week swoop for Benfica midfielder Javier Garcia, 25, who has a £25m buy-out clause in his contract. - Daily Mirror
  • Southampton have finally agreed a club-record £11m deal for Bologna midfielder Gaston Ramirez, 21, and will pay him £45,000 a week. - Daily Mirror
  • Fulham want to sign Sunderland midfielder Kieran Richardson, 27, with QPR and Reading monitoring his situation. - The Sun
  • Blackburn are handing Racing Genk goalkeeper Grzegorz Sandomierski, 22, a trial as they prepare to sell Mark Bunn, 27, to Norwich for £1m. - Daily Mail

Back
Top Bottom