The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Steady...

Say steady again & you'll be one the first plane back.... Lol. Look at that hair....

Man U is def losing some of there prestige among the new generation of players.

I agree with what dude said before - young stars have been turning down Man U left and right. Now with the addition of Moyes (who the young generation know nothing about) it may get more difficult.

Man U is def losing some of there prestige among the new generation of players.

I agree with what dude said before - young stars have been turning down Man U left and right. Now with the addition of Moyes (who the young generation know nothing about) it may get more difficult.

It's so damn frustrating!

Granted we'll have to give it a bit of time...but you ask any young player who they'd rather have as their mentor and manager Wenger, Pellegrini, Ancelotti, Guardiola, Mourinho etc......or Moyes. I think we all know who will have the least players lining up...

It's so damn frustrating!

Granted we'll have to give it a bit of time...but you ask any young player who they'd rather have as their mentor and manager Wenger, Pellegrini, Ancelotti, Guardiola, Mourinho etc......or Moyes. I think we all know who will have the least players lining up...

Exactly. That's why I thought Moyes was not the right hire. They want him to be a Sir Alex carbon copy but sometimes it's better to adapt to the changes rather then look back. Latin players (Eurooean and American) are not going to want to play for Moyes.

I see AVB going there in a couple years if Man U can't get it done.

New commercial featuring irascible Uruguayan airing in his native country... I thought for sure he was going to bite the dude at the end with the birthday cake... :lol:

On a related note, Italian papers have Strootman arriving in Rome for a medical to finish that deal. Hopefully that clears the way for DDR to move. Something I badly want as a Chelsea and Michael Bradley supporter...

Edit: Giaccherini to Sunderland is official now.

Strooman to Roma official now. No mention of fee though.

http://www.psv.nl/Nieuws/Nieuwspagina/Overeenkomst-PSV-en-AS-Roma-over-Strootman.htm

Come to London De Rossi :nerd:

Malouda to Trabzonspor.

I know he's old but why was he basically banished from the club? I think I read somewhere he had to train alone....

Chelsea had an agreement in place to sell him but he wouldn't agree yo reduced wages at the new club. So the transfer fell through and Chelsea just made him practice with the U21s all season.

I don't blame him either. I wouldn't take a paycut either

Malouda to Trabzonspor.

I know he's old but why was he basically banished from the club? I think I read somewhere he had to train alone....

Chelsea had an agreement in place to sell him but he wouldn't agree yo reduced wages at the new club. So the transfer fell through and Chelsea just made him practice with the U21s all season.

I don't blame him either. I wouldn't take a paycut either

Yup same reason I cant be mad at Chamahk or Bendtner despite my desire to see the back of them asap. Chelsea/Arsenal drafted the contract with the terms clearly agreed upon by both parties...cant fault the player for holding out and collecting a nice fat check which the club agreed to pay them for x amount of time + getting to live the rich footballers life in a city like London > likely wherever the club is looking to ship them off to.

Last edited:
Yup same reason I cant be mad at Chamahk or Bendtner despite my desire to see the back of them asap. Chelsea/Arsenal drafted the contract with the terms clearly agreed upon by both parties...cant fault the player for holding out and collecting a nice fat check which the club agreed to pay them for x amount of time + getting to live the rich footballers life in a city like London > likely wherever the club is looking to ship them off to.

Which is why I wish the EPL and footy in general had similar provisions to the NFL, where they could cut/waive you at any time... Capitalism at its finest... SMH at these dudes getting paid millions to do nothing and then thinking they deserve these wages... Malouda at least has accomplished things with Chelski (won League titles, CL titles and contributed) as opposed to Chamakh and Bentdner who probably have less combined career goals than Messi scored last season in La liga... smh...

Which is why I wish the EPL and footy in general had similar provisions to the NFL, where they could cut/waive you at any time... Capitalism at its finest... SMH at these dudes getting paid millions to do nothing and then thinking they deserve these wages... Malouda at least has accomplished things with Chelski (won League titles, CL titles and contributed) as opposed to Chamakh and Bentdner who probably have less combined career goals than Messi scored last season in La liga... smh...

I'm mean I somewhat agree but again its the club that chooses the duration and wage the want to give the player when drafting the contract. If they don't fit the system or weren't as good as they thought its on their scouting team/manager and they need to deal with the mistake they made.

Contracts and wages (and transfer fees) are a very important topic. The inflation in player wages (in England specifically) is ******g crazy. With the huge bump in revenue that will be coming into the EPL next season via the renegotiated TV deals for EPL matches, Clubs are paying even more for players in fees and agents are going to want/wanting a bigger piece of the pie. Andy Carroll despite being a well known bag of crap still cost 15m and is getting 100k P/W at West Ham! More money in the system doesn't get you better players it just makes you pay more for everyone.

Teams in the lower divisions lobbied the FA to increase parachute payments for relegated clubs (they get money after going down) as the risk associated with chasing the dream of playing in the top flight ( ie transfer fees and wages) are simply too great (yet the increased payments are NOWHERE near what they typically pay out to compete). Some clubs are over here talking payments from their supporters to stay afloat ffs! English football is a bubble and its simply not sustainable as is and the whole thing will go bust if things aren't fixed. /rant

Performance based contracts are an option. Here is a somewhat recently written piece about performance based contracts potential in the EPL http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jun/10/players-wages-premier-league
But even then it opens up a whole can of worms regarding rewarding individuals in a team based game. Still worth a read though.

Oh while on the topic of EPL revenues, Al Jazeera bought the EPL rights for 3 years in the Middle East and North Africa for £200m today

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/foo...glish-premier-league-tv-rights-in-middle-east

A quote from the article...

Sales of rights around the globe have inflated total TV revenues for the 20-team league to an estimated £5.5 billion (Dh18.32bn) over the next three years.

:wow: again its madness how much money the EPL generates yet clubs at all levels still continue to go into massive debt to compete.

And since we were initially on the topic of nothing players making large wages......

Andre "Can I have your shirt at halftime?" Santos looks to be getting a year long loan back in Brazil at Flamengo.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futeb...-santos-e-esperanca-internacional-do-fla.html

I knew we weren't going to be able to sell him. Clubs know we are desperate to offload him so they can just wait it out, get a loan deal off us for free, AND we're likely going to be paying a large portion of his wages. :smh:

Last edited:
Roma doing big things. Love it.

Not gonna happen, (unless we sell Marcos for 30-40 mil) Strootman and De Rossi will be :x. Best midfield in Serie A

And we locked up Maicon :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom