The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

God, those videos made me remember how much I love Ronnie. He was just so so good.

I'm gonna buy the new Barca shirt with his name, right now :rofl:

Last edited:
Green with the cool
Speaking of Reddit, this was posted earlier

King Ronnie. :pimp:

Actually miss watching Gattuso, too. :lol: Guy had the work rate of two destroyers. That Milan side w/ Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, and Sheva was fun to watch.

:lol: me too. I really enjoyed watching that Milan side
Gattuso had so much passion. Certainly a different type of player.
I really enjoy this video, especially since the song (Two Steps From Hell-Protectors of the Earth) is so fitting. Something a lot of videos fail to get right

BVB has signed Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. Good for both parties. I didn't want to see him go to Monaco or PSG. Newcastle doesn't fit his style as much as BVB does. A lot of people suggesting that he is there to replace Lewa. Saying that he will be sold because he will most likely not sign a new contract and will be free to go Bayern next year. But Aubameyang can also play on the wing so Reus can be in the no. 10 role. I'm still hoping that Eriksen ends up at BVB

Last edited:
Sanogo scored again, 3 goals and 2 assist in 4 matches
I'm just thinking about the fact, that if we had signed Niang last year, we wouldn't have signed Sanogo. Both are really talented.
The PK Thauvin missed :smh:

LyonBC1, are you a French ex-pat or is your family of French decent?

Nah, my uncle is fluent in French and Arabic, but it's the only foreign language I've had in school since 4th grade...my teacher in 5th grade was from Paris and gave us all a team to follow since he was really into footy and mine was OL so I've became a fan of them and started to follow a few yrs later fairly heavily, and Henry has been my favorite player since I started heavily following, so that's how I became a Gunner fan too.

I'm American but I follow the French league and the team to a degree bc besides the prem it's the only one I can find a stream and watch a match and understand most of what they commentators are saying :lol:

^ That's an awesome way to have become a footy fan. I guess teachers can have an impact nowadays. :lol:

I wonder how things are going to shake out for Ligue "Un'" & Monaco...

Brazil midfielder Paulinho confirms £17m move to Tottenham
• 24-year-old joins from Corinthians as 'new challenge'
• Paulinho travels to London this week to complete transfer

The Brazil midfielder Paulinho has confirmed he will join Tottenham Hotspur from Corinthians in a £17m deal.

The 24-year-old, who was voted the third-best player at the Confederations Cup, will link up with his new team-mates at White Hart Lane after a short holiday.

"The other interest we got was from Inter but the only offer came from Tottenham," he said. "The proposal came, we sat down, analysed it and decided. It was a big decision to go to a big club. There comes a certain point when you need new challenges."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/01/brazil-midfielder-paulinho-tottenham

^ That's an awesome way to have become a footy fan. I guess teachers can have an impact nowadays. :lol:

I wonder how things are going to shake out for Ligue "Un'" & Monaco...

yeah man he was one of my favorite teachers ever, not just for the soccer stuff :lol:

But I gotta think they work that mess out, ASM has spent too much this window to fight the rules and have to play in Ligue 2 or something. They did get docked 2 points from some incident last year and have to play the opener behind closed doors, so they'll begin the year on -2 pts which is weird

Transfer news: Stoke sign Marc Muniesa from Barcelona on free transfer
Stoke have signed defender Marc Muniesa on a free transfer from Barcelona.

The 21-year-old, who was a member of the Spain squad that recently won the European Under-21 Championship, has signed a four-year contract with the Potters.

He becomes manager Mark Hughes' second summer signing following the arrival of Erik Pieters from PSV Eindhoven.

"I'm very excited about moving to England to play for Stoke City and will do everything I can to help the club," Muniesa told the official Stoke website.

"It wasn't a big decision for me to make. I came to England yesterday to meet the people at the club and look around the training ground, which is very impressive.

"My season only finished a fortnight ago when the European Championships ended, but I can't wait to get started for Stoke. I would start tomorrow if the club asked me to."

Hughes said: "Marc has been well-schooled by Barca. Technically, he's a very good player and I've no doubts he will be an excellent addition to our squad.

"I know he's very highly-regarded in Spain and was attracting interest from clubs in La Liga, but he's an ambitious young man and wants to test himself in English football."

Muniesa has made three substitute appearances for the Barcelona first team and spent last season playing for their B side.

He has been capped five times by the Under-21s and has also represented his country at Under-16, 17 and 19 levels.

Comment on Reddit :lol:
From playing tiki taka and training with Messi to playing rugby and training with Charlie Adam

This is definitely gonna be the most interesting EPL title race in a while, Spurs are making some solid signings smh and a the Gunners are too along with Chelsea improving and United are a bit in flux but defending champs and city are well city :lol: but they should get some more stability too

I know they had injury problems in the midfield last year but the Spurs need a striker to play up front more than another MF... Not sure that was a smart way to spend money...

Dembele can play the CF role if necessary.

Very versatile footballer. Manager's delight.

They don't need someone versatile who can play CF, they need a proven CF. The Spurs forwards/strikers weren't consistent (including Duece). Bale just did a telling interview recently. If the Spurs want to keep Bale, they better find someone who can consistently score up front to take some of the pressure off Bale & free him up some. I think it's a very telling remark for someone that has been very quiet since the season ended.

"I'D LIKE TO TRY OTHER LEAGUES IN THE FUTURE," HE SAID
Bale: "I prefer Spanish football"

Gareth Bale has acknowledged that he would like to give other leagues a go and pointed to the Spanish league as the one which suits him best. "I probably prefer Spanish football to the others. It's very technical the way they play, they keep the ball well and whenever Spurs have played against Spanish teams in the past they've always made it difficult for us. Obviously, I'd like to try other leagues in the future."

Bale misses playing Champions League football, a competition which he told 'Esquire' was a special one during an interview with the magazine. "When you play in the Premier League against a lower-end team, they set up to defend all the time. But when you play in the Champions League, all the teams are used to winning every week so it's more of an open attacking game, it's end-to-end," said the Spurs player and Real Madrid target.

The Welshman also mentioned the Champions League music. "When we first got into the Champions League, it was one of the things most of the lads were looking forward to, hearing it in the stadium. It's things like that which make it special," he remarked.

http://www.marca.com/2013/07/02/en/football/real_madrid/1372776299.html

Back
Top Bottom