The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

That US goal was beautiful, Bradley with the run and layoff to Fab then crosses it and Jozy finishes :smokin (Clint with a nice run to draw defenders near post)

^ Mastamind89-

I appreciate your insight...

You know I thought about Ajax (called De Teokomst) as I was writing but La Masia is at the top for me - being a Barca fan notwitstanding :rolleyes :D. Their "graduates" have done more or accomplished more (IMO & from what I can recall) in terms of winning world cups, the CL, league titles, cups etc even dating way far back.

I can't take anything away from Ajax though, especially when you count the likes of Johann Cruyff & Wesley Sneijder among your "alumni".

I also thought about Portugal's Sporting CP (yes CoupeIt88, I'm recognizing Portugal :lol:). I think it's called Sporting Academy Alochete or Alechete who count CR7, Nani, & Moutinho as alumni.

Edit - my co-worker told me to include West Ham's youth academy too. I just looked them up & they count the likes of Bobby Moore, Geoff Hurst, Harry Redknapp (as a player too), Paul Ince, the Ferdinand brothers, Frank Lampard (Sr & Jr), Joe Cole, Michael Carrick, Jermain & Defoe as alumni among others. Got damn... :x

I agree, La Masia graduates have gone on to do a lot more collectively. And they have the unique issue of having an abundance of talent youth that they're having trouble keeping. Ajax has become more of a feeder system. I always enjoy watching them play.

I forgot about West Ham but yeah, right on the button. Someone posted a video of Redknapp vouching for a young Lampard, and why he was starting over another player who was deemed better. A lot of people I guess didn't see what he saw in Lampard and felt like he was gonna be a flop. Obviously they couldn't be more wrong...I think Arry had a mullet :lol:

-Galatasaray have pulled out of the race for United winger Nani after having a £6.5million offer rejected. Doncaster are trying to persuade United into loaning them Nick Powell.

smh

I guess they're saving their money to splash on Gervinho :lol: I think both of them should go there. Especially Gerv, even on loan since Drogba and Eboue will be there

And why do the England U21s suck so bad?

Part of the problem is shown right here.

Damn, Stuart Pearce certainly isn't help
But speaking of homegrown, came across these tweets earlier. A potential issue of homegrown players with Arsenal. Interestingly enough in a earlier post I did mention how I liked our British core but wish we were able to keep more British players at the U16-U21 levels. I totally forgot about the HG rule.

@AFCAcademy I think it's pivotal to bring in Rooney, Williams, Cesc now because of HG. Djourou, Coquelin, Frimpong are all HG and with them maybe leaving it could become an issue. We have to register 8 homegrown players. Denilson is leaving this Summer is HG too, last year Song who was HG left and we never replaced him with a player that qualifies as HG. Eastmond is another player at the club who is HG and departing in the Summer. Atm our HG players are: Szczesny, Mannone, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Djourou, Wilshere, Frimpong, Coquelin, Ramsey, OX and Walcott. Thats 11 HG players, and 5 U21s; all clubs are allowed to use as many U21 players as they wish. The deadline to qualify HG players is 24 hours after end of August transfer window. Good to do business early this Summer! Club’s list of HG players can only be made during the transfer windows, unless pivotal injuries occur. Fellaini is not HG btw. Another player that is HG is Bendtner, who is most probably off. In a 25-man squad, 8 players must be HG- A player (of any nationality) trained for 3 years by club in England or Wales under the age of 21.
-for the BPL we have to register a minimum of 8 HG players.
-3 entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21 birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21) counts as HG

I'm not sure Mannone's stance. if he plans to leave or stay. But we could find that we're at 7 homegrown players very soon. We have a couple of English born players that are 19/20 that could be promoted to the first team to avoid any issues. They'll be loaned out most likely but I think it would put us in the clear.

Last edited:
they most likely will make it . just that they are playing horrible and if they have a bad showing at the confederations cup coach will most likely get canned .

It's not over yet, but this isn't good for them.
Yea, this is horrible. Mexico has one, what? 1 game since the beginning of the year? What happened? They were running with such a good streak 2012. Is chepo messing with the formations again? I don't even know what to say since he's been one of the best managers Mexico has had in a while. bruh, they keep tying... at the Azteca. U W0T M8?!

USA :pimp:

Proud of them boys. Doing the simple task, GETTING THE JOB DONE.

Mexico smh too much talent to be drawing so much. Just a year ago they were the hot team, sorta like what Belgium. Is now.

Will be rocking my USA gear with pride today :smokin

Also my ******g idiot friends met me at Stamford bridge too late so didn't really get to see the grounds... Booked tours for Monday, so tons of pics will be delivered then :D and then I think I'll be heading to Manchester this Friday on my way back from Edinburgh

USA 
nthat.gif

Mexico  
roll.gif
 always nice seeing them suck (I'm still hurt from the last Gold Cup )

Last edited:
Manchester has the most expensive tour but their superstore is the size of a Macy's women's section. have fun and be sure to take a picture of the wall of players once you enter the ManU store. It should be updated since the last time I went

Damn for real?? I thought Stamford Bridge was pricey enough at £18 :lol:

i saw that you said tottenham was ghetto? obviously I'm guessing you havent been to Arsenal or West Ham's stadium locations
laugh.gif

tottenham is said to be the nicer or more upperclass than the other London stadiums (besides Chelsea)

Naw I only checked out Chelsea and Tottenham yesterday. My friend was literally running like 4 hours late. It was ridiculous.

Getting off the tube and taking the bus to White Hart Lane and being the only English speaker on the bus had me feeling weird. Once I actually got to the stadium it felt like I was just in the middle if the projects :lol: :lol:

I have no idea how my parents lived there for 5 years :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
i saw that you said tottenham was ghetto? obviously I'm guessing you havent been to Arsenal or West Ham's stadium locations:lol:
tottenham is said to be the nicer or more upperclass than the other London stadiums (besides Chelsea)

Been to them all and Tottenham is the most Ghetto hands down, Actually can be quite uneasy down their at times

rck2sactown - Enjoy OT 8)

If you end up going to Newcastle give me a shout I may come meet up with you

Last edited:
Are the grounds at Newcastle pretty dope??

I'n just chilling at King's Cross right now waiting for the train to scotland and decided to book the tour for OT for Friday at 330 :pimp:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the grounds at Newcastle pretty dope??

I'n just chilling at King's Cross right now waiting for the train to scotland and decided to book the tour for OT for Friday at 330 :pimp:

St. James Park is nice,

But the thing about the North East is that Newcastle are the only major club, theres a few other horse cr4p teams like Sunderland, Middlesbrough etc but not worth going to them grounds :lol:

You getting the Virgin train to Edinburgh? One of the train stops is Carlisle where I am right now!

36 year old Ambrosini in talks with West Ham.

Hamburg interested in Roque Santa Cruz.

Jovetic will leave Fiorentina for Juventus.

Luis Enrique new coach at Celta Vigo.

-AC Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani says Stephan El Shaarawy, 20, is not "unsellable". The Egyptian-born striker is interesting Manchester City.

-Norwich boss Chris Hughton is closing in on PSV Eindhoven's Swedish international forward Ola Toivonen who has scored 59 goals in 125 appearances since moving to the Dutch League. The 26-year-old is also a target for Fulham. (that will be a good move for Norwich)

-Alan Pardew is considering a £6m bid for striker Darren Bent, 29, who has been told he can leave Aston Villa.

-Robert Lewandowski will more than double his money if he joins Manchester United. The Polish striker earns £2million a year — almost £40,000 a week — at Borussia Dortmund but United would be prepared to pay him £90,000 a week — nearly £4.7m a year. (The Sun) (they know DAMN well, that they should be offering 150k a week if they want to be serious)

-Monaco are ready to make a world record £85m bid for Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo and pay the 28-year-old a £17m annual salary.

-But Arouna Kone has distanced himself from a move to Everton after insisting he is happy to stay at Wigan. (Metro)

Back
Top Bottom