The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Amazing how Gremio have so many quality (and big name) players on their roster and are struggling to get out of the first round of the Libertadores...

Andre Santos
Ze Roberto
Dida
Hernan Barcos
Eduardo Vargas
Facundo Bertoglio
Welliton
Thiago Martins (who has been kicked out of the first team)

tumblr_m8fkl1bxGR1qi532yo3_500.gif

*Dead*

Gremio was out of subs, and one of their players got injured. Dude couldn't even walk and Luxemburgo ordered him to stay on the pitch even after the doctors had told him that he shouldn't have. :x :x :x

Game ended 1-1 and because of goal differencial Gremio advanced and Huachipato was eliminated. Luxemburgo proceeds to laugh and insult the Huachipato bench, and the melee begins. Once he was about 60 feet from the tunnel, he starts laughing and talking **** thinking he was safe. Dumbass slips on the grass, and falls. The 2 teams start brawling on the pitch, another terrible incident in South American footy :smh:

What are Gotze and Reus preferred/best positions? I view Mario as more of a no. 10 like Ozil and Marco as a winger.

What are Gotze and Reus preferred/best positions? I view Mario as more of a no. 10 like Ozil and Marco as a winger.

Mario plays as a no. 10 but can play on either side of the flank. Marco, I consider him more of a wide forward. Usually plays on the right flank but can play on the left and down the middle.
Kinda hard to rate them individually but in terms of contributing to BVB, I rate Gotze higher

Would love Modric at United. Jersey would be copped in a heartbeat :lol:

Do you guys think a player like Fellaini would do well at United? From the Everton games ive seen he can play anywhere down the middle, granted ive only seen like 2 and in one he was playing CM/CDM and this past week vs Arsenal he was more attacking... He's tall, strong, and I see him EVERYWHERE on the pitch

Fellaini would be an interesting one, I think it would all depend on where we played him, He has the physical presence for sure, The one thing I don't like about him is that he gives too many fouls away and gets alot of suspensions because of it

Would love Modric at United. Jersey would be copped in a heartbeat :lol:

Do you guys think a player like Fellaini would do well at United? From the Everton games ive seen he can play anywhere down the middle, granted ive only seen like 2 and in one he was playing CM/CDM and this past week vs Arsenal he was more attacking... He's tall, strong, and I see him EVERYWHERE on the pitch

Fellaini would be an interesting one, I think it would all depend on where we played him, He has the physical presence for sure, The one thing I don't like about him is that he gives too many fouls away and gets alot of suspensions because of it

There were rumours (maybe last season?) that SAF was looking into Fellaini. But Moyes would't let him go without an outrageous sale price. Well, you can see why, with what he's done for the Toffies this season. I do agree though, Fellaini gives away waaaaay too many fouls, and in big matches (CL knockouts etc) he could be costly, and would have to be managed.

But he is the kind of player United need (at least one of the kinds of player) because he can do what Yaya does for City. Bossin the the middle, creating a real presence defensively and offensively. Being a real menace in the box. Also I respect Fellaini cause he often puts his team on his back and and does what's needed to get the team across the winning line.

Wouldn't bother getting my hopes up though, Moyes won't let him go for the low, and if Moyes leaves at the end of the season, the new manager will try his best to keep the solid platform he has. He's just too influential to the team.

"Ashley Young ruled out for the rest of the season with an ankle injury."

A good excuse for SAF to not use him anymore.

I don't think Fellaini would be a good fit for Man U/SAF. He only seems to come on for big matches & then kinda fades in & out of the "smaller" ones. Also like Prettyboy RY7 said he's prone to fouls.

Yes, he's kinda like Ya Ya Toure in that once he motors, he's difficult to stop. He's best playing in the midfield but isn't Man U already crowed there? Didn't he go through a long period back in January where he wasn't even playing well?

His attitude seems to mirror Rooney's & I'm not sure LAF really wants another head case. That's my 2 cents...

Looks like Messi & Busquets are back training. Barring any setbacks, both are said to be ready for Bayren. :D

It was good to see Song out there last Sunday. He played fairly well from what I saw.

I wonder if Eric Abidal has anything left...

Arsenal scouting Japanese soccer player Takashi Inui in Germany
posted on APRIL 19, 2013 by IDA TORRES in SPORTS with NO COMMENTS

The football transfer window has yet to start in Europe but already English Premiere Club Arsenal is compiling its list of summer transfer targets. One person in that list is Japanese international Takashi Inui who currently plays for Eintracht Frankfurt, a club in the Bundesliga, the top-tier in Germany’s football leagues.

Reports say Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has sent his chief scout Steve Rowley to Germany to check up on Inui, after being impressed by his performances for the German club. He just joined Eintracht this summer from another German club VFL Bochum in the second division. Inui has been a great addition for Eintracht who just got promoted to the first division in the 2012-2013 season and is currently sitting comfortably in sixth place after an impressive performance this season. He currently has two years left on his contract and has scored six goals and made four assists in his first season with the club.

Arsenal is said to be shopping for a centre-back, a defensive midfielder and a striker to boost their squad and improve on their standing next season. However, Inui is none of those players but is instead an attacking midfielder and playmaker, known for his speed and agility. If ever he would make a move to Arsenal, he will join fellow Blue Samurai Ryo Miyaichi, who has been sidelines by various injury problems and was loaned out to Wigan Athletic previously.

Wenger has been quoted before as saying he is looking to Japan to discover new talents for the club. Arsenal will be playing two friendly matches against J-League sides in Japan this summer; against Nagoya Grampus on July 22 and then against Urawa Reds on the 26th.

Previous Coverage

I love marketing like this... Juan Mata surprising a Chelsea supporter who ordered the new kit sight on seen... I'm glad the shirt doesn't have a collar like some photos suggested for next year's kit. I still like this year's Chelsea kit better though. Very timeless IMO.

I love marketing like this... Juan Mata surprising a Chelsea supporter who ordered the new kit sight on seen... I'm glad the shirt doesn't have a collar like some photos suggested for next year's kit. I still like this year's Chelsea kit better though. Very timeless IMO.

That was nice...

Want that hoodie Mata is rocking

I was just watching the previews for some of this weekends matches...and it made me think...at the end of the season, if no one puts in a serious bid for Suarez, I'll be completely dumbfounded...How a player of his skill and drive is not playing CL footy still amazes me. Which made me think similarly about a few players...

-Michu
-Benteke (If someone like Arsenal doesn't pick him up I'll be amazed)
-Sessegnon (surely he could be at a slightly bigger club)

Horrible challenge from Steve Sidewell. Now Arsenal just needs to create chances.
Cardiff City has clinched the league title

If we don't come out of this with 3 points! >:

Welp so much for that :lol: Mertesacker :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom