The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Whom is Zahan?? Tell me more plz
Zaha, he's an 19 or 20 yr old striker from Crystal Palace, Eng 2 Div, that has been making highlight reels this season enough to get the attention and therefore bought by ManU for X amount of dollars can't remember real amount, then loaned back to Crystal for the rest of the season

some say he is welbeck but more goal hungry therefore Fergi getting a younger team to stay at ManU forever, others think it is the eng 2 Div so top flight he won't be so hot and adding the list of forwards in ManU he'll probably wont start 90% of the time anyway, and as mentioned overhyped

I think it a way for ManU to buffer themselves now that Rooney is sketchy as to if he's gonna stay much longer

born in Ivory Coast but nationalized to play for England

Lol no that was an old Scottish man yelling not a little girl... Sanchez had a nice game, a goal in & a nice assist to Messi. Hudson said Messi looked sharper then a porcupine's backside & a softer touch then moonlight hitting a hill side.... The other Brazilian Alves had a nice game too... Now Barca needs to take care of AC Milan...

Last edited:
Lol no that was an old Scottish man yelling not a little girl... Sanchez had a nice game, a goal in & a nice assist to Messi. Hudson said Messi looked sharper then a porcupine's backside & a softer touch then moonlight hitting a hill side.... The other Brazilian Alves had a nice game too... No Barca needs to take care of AC Milan...

Lol classic

I think its over for Barca in CL
Milan is a top team.
At most I see Barca getting a 1-0 win.
Milan is going to park the bus a la Chelsea in 2012 and there aint a damn thing Barca can do about it. 10 men in the box will be too much to overcome.
Unlike Man U, Milan does not need to attack even with a Barca goal.

Yea, there's no way Barca is going up 3-0 against Milan. 2 years ago it would've been possible, but now? :smh:

Yea, there's no way Barca is going up 3-0 against Milan. 2 years ago it would've been possible, but now? :smh:

LOL it's very much possible.

Very naive to think just because Barca is in a "funk" that they can't overcome a 2 goal difference against a very average Milan squad.

I can see Barca winning 4-0 tbh.

Very naive to think just because Barca is in a "funk" that they can't overcome a 2 goal difference against a very average Milan squad.

Dude Milan is going to park the bus. They are not a local AYSO team. Do you reall think Barca can cut through 10 men bunkered down in a box. Barca couldnt even score on a Chelsea last year. No team can... Maybe one goal but not more.

I hope im wrong though

Dude Milan is going to park the bus. They are not a local AYSO team. Do you reall think Barca can cut through 10 men bunkered down in a box. Barca couldnt even score on a Chelsea last year. No team can... Maybe one goal but not more.

I hope im wrong though

I understand that. But we're still talking about Messi here with Xavi and Iniesta behind him. Who knows, I want Milan to win and move on to the next round, but to many people are writing Barca off.

Plus they are going to be at Camp Nou. Huge bonus

AC Milan should pull it out but like RoOk said, this is a Barca squad that has a healthy Messi, Iniesta & Xavi (in Camp Nou)... The back line needs to come up big & Pinto needs to be a wall. Tall order yes, but this is a team that can do it... Just glad Super Mario can't play... We'll see though right? Just wish Tito was back...

I'm not doubting the abilities of most of our players. I'm doubting the tactics that will be used. Playing Alba and Alves at the same time, 2 backs who are always adding to the attack, leaves our old/mediocre CBs extremely vulnerable to counter attacks and is a huge reason why Barca can't keep clean sheets against good teams. There needs to a balance like there was with Abidal and Alves. It's a damn shame that Montoya has barely gotten any playing time this whole season, and he wasn't even on the bench today :smh: And of course Fabregas and Pedro will be in the lineup against Milan on Tuesday :stoneface: Messi needs to play on the wing to clear up the middle...he's done it before and can put aside his ego for one match

Last edited:

Thats funny because Barcelona (Nike) has Messi and hes signed to adidas, and vice-versa with the Ronaldo situation. Plus their national team's jersey's support the brand they sponsor so I thought it would even out. But Real Madrid sells the most amount of jersey's worldwide with Manchester United, so I could see why Nike would want to help to get Ronaldo back to Man U. Shirt sales would go thru the roof.

I love Ronaldo, but I think he should return to United. He's already a legend at Madrid, go back to ManU and continue on with that path of his legacy.

Plus him, Zaha, RVP, Kagawa, Rooney, etc would be disgusting

If United are winning premierships without him now, with Ronaldo, it wouldn't even be fair. They'd win a champions league within the next couple years.

However I don't believe that report much, I don't see that happening unless Ronaldo wins the champions league with Real this season. If he does that, then he'd achieve everything he could in Spain, so going back to United would be dope. To finish his career. I think Ronaldo is becoming fed up with Real, he's loved in Madrid but not to the point he was at Man U. Those Spanish Madrid fans are different types of fans.

From yesterday, @TNC_Ligue1 Rennes: Chelsea, Arsenal, Newcastle, Sunderland, WBA, and Cardiff City scouts are watching Rennes-St. Etienne
They were scouting Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang aka the African Neymar
Also Arsenal is scouting Andreas Cornelius

@TotallyArsenal Ryo Miyaichi's fastest timed record of 100m Sprint is 10.8 seconds. Usain Bolt's is 9.58. Imagine a front three of Gnabry (says he's never lost a 100m sprint in Germany)-Walcott-Miyaichi, with Chamberlain behind Theo. Scary.
Didn't know Gnabry was that fast. That would really be a force. I hope Ryo's injury isn't serious. Was hoping that he would play for us next season. But I think he might at a short loan at least.

Word is that Wenger is looking into Yayo Sanogo, Auxerre striker.

According to L'Equipe Kevin Gameiro and Mamadou Sakho could leave the PSG next summer.

Apparently this is what traveling Lille fans did at today's match

Last edited:
I understand that. But we're still talking about Messi here with Xavi and Iniesta behind him. Who knows, I want Milan to win and move on to the next round, but to many people are writing Barca off.

Plus they are going to be at Camp Nou. Huge bonus

Well you got your wish...Barca loses.

Italian and English teams are experts at parking the bus (apologists call it strategic defensive management)

Like an expert on ESPN Deportes said
"when Messi's team loses its not only a loss for Barca its a loss to the sport and its spectacle. Today Barca lost and the Anti-futbol won."

Last edited:
What's the difference between soccer, football, and futbol?? :lol:

Really bothers me when us Americans have to use the fancy proper English when talking soccer :\

They say soccer in Australia too. Some Italians(born and raised) girls I follow on twitter say soccer too, caught me off guard.

They say soccer in Australia too. Some Italians(born and raised) girls I follow on twitter say soccer too, caught me off guard.
Ya I knew that about Aussies, but like futbol is espanol and football is the rest of the world?

i think south africa also calls it soccer..funny how the brits made up the word soccer.

anyone else have mls direct kick?..been heavily thinking about buying, there was only 1 game on tv today and it was fire vs revoution smh.

Last edited:
I'm not doubting the abilities of most of our players. I'm doubting the tactics that will be used. Playing Alba and Alves at the same time, 2 backs who are always adding to the attack, leaves our old/mediocre CBs extremely vulnerable to counter attacks and is a huge reason why Barca can't keep clean sheets against good teams. There needs to a balance like there was with Abidal and Alves. It's a damn shame that Montoya has barely gotten any playing time this whole season, and he wasn't even on the bench today :smh: And of course Fabregas and Pedro will be in the lineup against Milan on Tuesday :stoneface: Messi needs to play on the wing to clear up the middle...he's done it before and can put aside his ego for one match

I agree, seeing as how Abidal was able to drop into the middle and become a de-facto third CB there was a certain balance. Montoya isn't ready to play every game, but Adriano was fantastic early in the season, so I would have liked to see him more - though I understand the reasons for playing Alba/Alves. The two of them allow Barca to vary the attacking overlaps, which theoretically should allow them to further break down organized and packed-in opposition sides. But I think the main reason for the increased counter threat has been the midfield, and the lessened commitment to pressing. I've posted before on the midfield issues, but Tito seems to have done away with pressing immediately when dispossessed with 2 and/or 3 players in favor of shape and organization. Which is also understandable (though I don't agree with it), but would work better if the midfield was at it's optimal level.

I hope they'll play a 4-3-3 with Villa/Messi/Pedro and Iniesta/Xavi/Busquets in midfield, but I doubt it. MD reported that we could see a 3-4-3 at some point, which I'd like to see if they are struggling to break through. Not sure why you think Messi should play on the wing - he plays in the middle because he is fielded there, and because it is his best position. The whole attack is predicated on Messi's false 9 role, where he can provide a dual threat in front of goal in addition to playmaking from the hole. The side works best when there is a clinical attacker like Henry/Villa/Etoo making runs inside the FB, and filling the central channel when Messi drops deep. He hasn't played wide since Ibra was around, and for good reason.

Last edited:
Not sure why you think Messi should play on the wing - he plays in the middle because he is fielded there, and because it is his best position. The whole attack is predicated on Messi's false 9 role, where he can provide a dual threat in front of goal in addition to playmaking from the hole. The side works best when there is a clinical attacker like Henry/Villa/Etoo making runs inside the FB, and filling the central channel when Messi drops deep. He hasn't played wide since Ibra was around, and for good reason.

Obviously it's his best position, but our wingers provide basically 0 threat against stronger defenses. How many of them can actually get past defenders like Messi can? Alexis falls over himself/dives, and Pedro is useless now. At least Tello has pace...but 90% of the time they all get stranded and pass back to the midfielders or to Messi, who's being marked by at least 6 players at a time. It's getting far too predictable now. Playing Messi and Tello out wide can help open things up by drawing defenders away from the middle and letting Villa(who would be in his natural position as a CF) do what he does best. Maybe I'm wrong, but at this point it wouldn't hurt to try :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom