The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Geoff Cameron got his work permit approved, move to Stoke will be completed.

Nah, Perkins has bad games, but 95% of the goals we allow is on the defense. Those 5 goal games, though... some of those are on him. I'd really rather keep him than bring in Ricketts, who as you guys have said already, hasnt been playing nearly as well as the man we saw a couple years ago. If Ricketts can find even 70% of the form he had in 09/10, I completely agree it's an upgrade. But who knows how it'll turn out :\
Regardless, I'd rather keep Perkins at this point of the season. It's almost over, we may as well keep the core group together until we're ready to put Gleeson back there. I just hope Perks is happy about being on a team going up in the world, instead of stuck here at this pit of false hope known as Jeld-Wen Field.

I'm with you. No shots but as bad as you guys have played defensively, Ricketts doesn't help that. Iker Casillas could be brought in and it would still just be a bandaid on a wound.

Either way, you mentioned earlier it's only a handful of us who actually give a damn about MLS, this is how we know the profile of the league is rising. Two of the worse off teams in the league swap keepers and it's actually got people asking questions. :lol:

:lol: I agree with that though...MLS isn't near major euro leagues but it really shouldn't be expected since its been around for like 17 yrs...they're doing smart business though and keep sending players to Europe so it's profile is only growing, the NBC deal is good too as they actually give a good game day presentation and showcase...I think in 20 yrs the league will have salary cap structures at about 40 million which is solid and will allow them to build even better teams. I think a good parallel is the J-League which is the same age and has produced some really good talent.

I still think Ricketts is better than Perkins but maybe Montreal needed to save a bit with their new signings costing a good amount. I get the feel that Spencer kinda wore out his welcome up there like Nowak did with the union...but hey at least he didn't gut your entire franchise before getting the boot!

Betting odds on RVP to United are down at 1/5. Lots of buzz that this may happen by the weekend.

God I'm excited to see Santi play for Arsenal!
http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/dr...-league-great-cantona-zola-or-di-canio-178167
My starting XI to start the season
Szczesny
Coquelin- Kos- TV- Gibbs
Song- Arteta
Cazorla
Theo- RVP- Gervinho
Santos is great going forward and he's scored some timely goals but man he's a bad defender :lol: You know he's bad when Karen Giggs is considered a better defender than you. :lol:
If Jenkinson plays at RB until Sagna gets back we aren't going to seriously compete for the league, especially with the teams we're playing at the start of the year. He simply isn't ready for this level yet. I'd put Nico in before him but I'd prefer Coquelin because he played at RB during his loan at Lorient.
The midfield looks damn good on paper. Arteta sitting deep dictating the tempo of the game; Song breaking up play more now that he has a high class creative player infront of him again and Cazorla pulling the strings.
The front 3 the same as last season since we need to hit the ground running and the three know how to play together. Hopefully Gervinho keep his form up and continues to ghost past defenders like he has in preseason. Podolski and Giroud to be eased into the team/subbed on as we're puttiing teams to bed...*Freeway's voice* "early!"
The 18th cant come soon enough!
Song, Theo, and RVP might be gone before the season starts

Last edited:

Arsenal Will Turn Their Attentions To Sahin If Song Leaves

Barcelona after Arsenal's Alex Song

Manchester United 'look to hijack Nuri Sahin's Arsenal transfer' :lol:

Robin van Persie 'ready to consider Arsenal U-turn'

Arsenal turn their attention to Celtic midfielder Ki Sung-Yeung

Yann M'Vila 'eyed for Spurs transfer' after Arsenal end interest

Last edited:
God I'm excited to see Santi play for Arsenal!
http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/dr...-league-great-cantona-zola-or-di-canio-178167
My starting XI to start the season
Szczesny
Coquelin- Kos- TV- Gibbs
Song- Arteta
Cazorla
Theo- RVP- Gervinho
Santos is great going forward and he's scored some timely goals but man he's a bad defender :lol: You know he's bad when Karen Giggs is considered a better defender than you. :lol:
If Jenkinson plays at RB until Sagna gets back we aren't going to seriously compete for the league, especially with the teams we're playing at the start of the year. He simply isn't ready for this level yet. I'd put Nico in before him but I'd prefer Coquelin because he played at RB during his loan at Lorient.
The midfield looks damn good on paper. Arteta sitting deep dictating the tempo of the game; Song breaking up play more now that he has a high class creative player infront of him again and Cazorla pulling the strings.
The front 3 the same as last season since we need to hit the ground running and the three know how to play together. Hopefully Gervinho keep his form up and continues to ghost past defenders like he has in preseason. Podolski and Giroud to be eased into the team/subbed on as we're puttiing teams to bed...*Freeway's voice* "early!"
The 18th cant come soon enough!
Song, Theo, and RVP might be gone before the season starts
WOW!! That's the first possible line up since wenger stepped in were the French players aren't a majority :rofl:

So are there free agents in MLS?

I think its only for returning players from the USMNT, they go through an allocation order and teams can trade their spots its sorta like waivers....and I think they have a re-entry draft for players whose contracts aren't renewed at certain ages, the process is confusing as hell though

So are there free agents in MLS?

its like any other league when it comes to transfers except, like ham city said, its a single entity so mls gets its share of money from the transactions and theres also the allocation process which i do not understand.

Leandro Damiao put in work today. :pimp:

Would like to see him in the EPL but I don't want him to suffer the same fate as Dos Santos

GDS has a motivation problem, this guy made senior appearances for Barca and has the talent. Once he got on Harry's bad side Harry was never going to play him, coupled with the rumors that GDS was big into the party scene in London. AVB has finished the reassessment of the squad and in the next couple of weeks GDS' fate will be decided.

Leandro seems like he would prefer to go to Italy and Milan have shown the most interest in him. Problem with Spurs is Levy is constantly pinching pennies and even with our link to Internacional, their president doesn't want to do Spurs any favors. Leandro to me, needs to find the right system/team to go in. If I had to guess, once the olympics are over he comes to Spurs for about 25m pounds.

• Arsenal are considering a move for Celtic's South Korean midfielder Ki Sung-yeung after the 23-year-old impressed the club's scouts. - Daily Mail
  • The Gunners have also opened informal talks with Anderlecht for versatile Senegal midfielder Cheikhou Kouyate, 22. - the Times
  • Chelsea's hopes of signing Brazilian striker Hulk from Porto are receding after Zenit St Petersburg made a £40m offer, plus Bruno Alves, for the 26-year-old. - Daily Mirror
  • The Russian side are also interested in signing Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov, 31, who is thought to be on his way out of Old Trafford. - talkSPORT
  • Arsenal's talks over signing Nuri Sahin on loan from Real Madrid have stalled, with Liverpool, Tottenham and Manchester United said to be looking at the 23-year-old midfielder. - Metro
  • Chelsea are considering using Gael Kakuta as bait in their attempt to sign highly-rated defender Cesar Azpilicueta, 22, from Marseille. - Daily Mail
  • Real Madrid have increased their offer for midfielder Luka Modric to £30m, but Tottenham are holding out for a fee of £40m for the 26-year-old. - Daily Mirror
  • Liverpool target Juan Manuel Vargas, 28, says he is happy to stay at Fiorentina despite being linked with the Anfield club for most of the summer. - talkSPORT
  • Manager Brendan Rodgers is prepared to allow Liverpool striker Craig Bellamy to return to Cardiff City. The 33-year-old is believed to want to live closer to his family. - Liverpool Echo
  • Manager Roberto Martinez has told Victor Moses that he will be staying at Wigan unless Chelsea increase their offer to £10m for the 21-year-old. - Daily Mail
  • Nigel Reo-Coker, 28, is considering offers from three Serie A clubs after turning down an offer to join Fulham following his departure from Bolton. - Daily Mirror
  • Championship clubs Leeds, Burnley and Millwall all want to sign Sheffield United captain Nick Montgomery. The 30-year-old is expected to be sold for £500,000. - Daily Star

Lucas Moura to PSG is supposedly done. Will join up with the club in January. The revolution is in full effect.

PSG should at least make it to the semi finals of the Champions League. This is just like the Heat when they picked up LeBron and Bosh. They should at least this season make it to the Champions League semi finals this year and win the Ligue 1 title and then next season win both, if not then it can definitely be considered a flop with all the money they've invested in the past 2 seasons and with all the big names they picked with that money invested.

PSG should at least make it to the semi finals of the Champions League. This is just like the Heat when they picked up LeBron and Bosh. They should at least this season make it to the Champions League semi finals this year and win the Ligue 1 title and then next season win both, if not then it can definitely be considered a flop with all the money they've invested in the past 2 seasons and with all the big names they picked with that money invested.

Highly unlikely (although magic can happen)

Remember when City came into the CL for the first time even with all their muscle?

Remember how many teams that have been playing together for a while with strong chemistry who they might have to overcome?

Real Madrid
United
City (even they won't have it easy next season)
Chelsea
Barcelona
Bayern Munich
Arsenal
Atletico Madrid

And that's just off the top of my head.

It takes a while before a team can beast through the CL.

I saw these tweets (from non United fans) and figured I'd post them here.

Football_Tweet ‏@Football__Tweet
The Lucas Moura to PSG deal included a £9,000,000 agent fee. That is ridiculous. £9m to the agent, £9m? Yes. £9m. Football's gone mad.

Surge Biscuits ‏@NoHeroesHere
£9m is a transfer fee not an agent fee.

Like I said, the agent will always present "the best deal" for you.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but this isn't Football Manager, and even if it were, I wouldn't even say that, on paper, they have a better side than either Manchester Club, Bayern, Chelsea, Madrid, or Barca, and depending on what happens at the end of this window, possibly Arsenal and Juve.

Do y'all ever think something like what happened with Rangers will eventually go down with a big 4 league club? I know Real Madrid got bailed out by the banks but I doubt Spain, England, or Italy will ever allow it to get to that point...but the debt with some clubs is off the charts. I think Germany and France do it right in that regard

I get what you're saying, but people are really going to expect a lot from PSG with all the money that's been invested in players this season. They looked to mesh pretty well in their preseason game against Barca a couple of days ago, but that was just a friendly. They should at least be able to get by the group stage I'm expecting.

Also Pinto has been really good in preseason friendly penalty shootouts.

Last edited:
Wow...Lucas Moura agent got paid more off that transfer than most agents make in years :x

Back
Top Bottom