The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

laugh.gif

MARIO IS A FOOL

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Either way I'm excited about City coming together. 
As am I. Despite what many have been saying, I think what Sheikh Mansour has done for MCFC is good for the game. At the end of the day, football is entertainment. And following, watching, and debating the merits of this City side is definitely entertaining. Hell, if anything I wish there were more wealthy emirs investing in football. 
laugh.gif
 It would just mean more competition, more great fixtures, and more fun. 

Originally Posted by hugebird

Originally Posted by solidsnake

Originally Posted by trunks206

i69jl0.jpg

Hold up did I just read a United fan call someone else a glory hunter!?!?!?!?

laugh.gif

Today surely is a strange day.

Everyone can trash United as much as they want, when people stop is when I'll be worried. Just don't accuse someone else of being a glory hunter, because United has been in my family for four generations and long may it continue.
If you go back, he didn't call anyone a glory hunter. It was just a retort as YOU were the person initially calling someone a glory hunter (I assume out of anger in that performance). Personally, I don't care why someone supports a club, because I don't care what other people are up to, for the most part, but I will say that I hope that you reserve the same vitriol toward the United fans that you don't deem worthy to support a club, as they are glory hunters, as you do for the City fans that you were lambasting.

THANK YOU. You understand everything I was getting at.

I say we pass a moratorium on this forum that United fans can no longer talk #%%$ to supporters of any other club becuase they sure can dish it out ( "I 8-2 be..." "lulz all that money and City still cant win") but many of you cant take the ribbing once the roles are switched. Clown status, its just sports its all in fun.

All in favor please say "aye".

Aye

united fans are terrible when they lose. You just got beat by a better team. You shouldn't be too critical of city either because they got deep pockets. For those of us who support teams with a strict wage structure have felt what you're feeling for a long time. Sucks that some team can be bought by a billionaire and go from mediocrity to success in a short time i.e. Chelsea. When the gunner fans lose they cry about it, especially when spurs beat them, but they know its a long season and not a season based on one game. Spurs fans here, all 3 of us lol, are the same way.

you got the crap beat out of you now forget about it and move onto the next game.
Coys

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Gervinho had a great game, scored and set up RvP twice. Ramsey was putting in work too
pimp.gif

Hopefully the red cards from the Chelsea game will work in our favor next week.
And the Manchester Derby
eek.gif
Just got done watching the game and he sure made me eat my words from earlier this week his best game of the season.
He's getting into the flow of things, hopefully he can keep it up. We're really  gonna need it against Chelsea
Originally Posted by quik1987

I hope Arsenal comes up big this season. I also want to see the kid Ryo get some time.

I'm hoping he gets a decent amount of playing time tomorrow. I'm sure we'll see AOC on the pitch. 

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

I'm buying a Mario Balotelli City jersey.
laugh.gif
this dude is comedy

Ive always knew he was going to be a great player, wish he would have been more mature when he was with INTER. He was omly 18 tho
ohwell.gif

bill-gates-gates-foundation-fc-barcelona-%E2%80%93-end-polio-0.jpg

Often characterized as some of the world’s most generous philanthropists, Bill Gates and his wife Melinda, in conjunction with the Gates Foundation, have partnered with FC Barcelona in a bid to “End Polio

60 mins for Cleverly to ease him back in...

Now more of this "wonder kid" Pogba.... hmmm.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Unbelievable
30t6p3b.gif

Arshavin
pimp.gif

and now my dude Park
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My reactions
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Squillaci is holding his own today, well sounds as so
laugh.gif

Sounds like AOC isn't having a good game compared to his others

Really Barca? That's the type of performance you display against Granada?? I know Barca struggles early in the season but come on...

Busquets and Alves getting booked for phantom calls. Now they know what it feels like to be on the opposite end
laugh.gif
Hopefully they play cleaner from now on

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

No streams for the Arsenal game, listening to video commentary 
tired.gif

Here are our goals.

1971FD374EA714620B9855

171FA13B4EA7153D0BE33C

pimp.gif
 @ Park's finish and the little Russian's play today.

That announcer got me going, it's so much better than I imagined
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Can't wait to watch some clips later

I was reading an article last night, Bergkamp was quoted as saying that Arsenal should switch to a 4-4-1-1 and RvP should take the role in the hole. I think it could work at pretty well for him but who would be a head of him. Certainly no Chamakh, Walcott has said that he wants a center position, he hasn't exactly proven himself worthy of so. The RvP Gervinho combo is really working well so far. And then there is also Park

Bean Pie Slanga wrote:
Can't wait for the Grown Men vs Boys Cup (Chelsea-@rse)
  Dec 27th 2010 Arsenal 3 Chelsea 1 FT

Mastamind89 wrote:
That announcer got me going, it's so much better than I imagined
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Can't wait to watch some clips later

I was reading an article last night, Bergkamp was quoted as saying that Arsenal should switch to a 4-4-1-1 and RvP should take the role in the hole. I think it could work at pretty well for him but who would be a head of him. Certainly no Chamakh, Walcott has said that he wants a center position, he hasn't exactly proven himself worthy of so. The RvP Gervinho combo is really working well so far. And then there is also Park

Robin is a great player but we need a true CF for this club and Robin's abilites to shine. Yes he can score goals with the best of him but for too often do our wingers send crosses into the box and he is nonwhere to be seen because he drops so deep back into midfield. Fans then get on get on our winger, especially Theo, for misplacing crosses but with a true CF there would be someone always there to try and get on the end of them and they would look alot better. For example Valencia from United is pretty limited as a player/winger imo but he works well in United's system as you have players like Chicharito hounding around the box looking to get on the end of crosses at all times. We could do the same thing. 

While things seem  to be going well right now, so I dont like messing up a good thing, but I wouldnt mimd at some point trying RVP as a second striker behind Theo maybe when we are chasing a game. Robin can pick out a nice pass and Theo is a great finisher imo and with him playing the on the sholder of the last defender RVP can play through balls to him and nobody will catch him. We'd have a dutch wizard playing balls to a pacy #14 striker again.
pimp.gif

You've obviously seen more of him then I, but I haven't seen anything to suggest Walcott is a great finisher. Nowhere near clinical and consistent in front of goal, and having him sit up top as an out and out striker would probably be a misuse of his pace and dribbling ability.

Back
Top Bottom