The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

When are you guys starting the 12-13 thread? When the transfer window starts?

My-T.

Ya, I think when Euro is over would be a good time to start it.

i still have faith that modric will end up at united.. just because a player wants to play for a team doesnt mean the team will make a move for him.. look at silva and hazard most recently.. i think jose will look for defenders and another attacking option.. other than that real is primed to win the CL with this squad IMO.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

I don't understand why Modric would want to go to Madrid. Surely he's not going to play off the bench? He's an incredible player but is he going to play consistently over Xabi Alonso or Khedira?

Not a chance in hell. 
Alonso, Khedira, Ozil all have their roles firmly planted in the success of RM. NO way any of them are going to start on the bench or not start at all for Modric. 

Especially since the current formula dismantled La Liga last season. 

Modric should goto a club where he plays every match.  Look at Adam Johnson at City.  Quality player, but when was the last time you saw him on the pitch?  His confidence and touch must be lower than Torres a few months ago. As a footballer your career is so short, you gotta spend it on the grass.

Originally Posted by DLo13

Kagawa turned down the #7. Can't say I blame him.

yup,heard about that too...he was quoted as saying that he wants to make a name for himself on his own terms...
Kagawa added that he had asked for a number "with personal meaning",
leading to speculation in the Japanese media that the player could wear the 8,26, or 29 as he did at Cerezo Osaka,or the 23 shirt he donned at Dortmund.

i can't see Anderson nor Cleverley giving up their squad numbers,but good news for Shinji that both #26 and #29 haven't been taken up since Obertan and Kuszczak left the club...

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

that timbers sounders match was very entertaining, i dont think i heard the timbers support stop once

We didn't
smokin.gif
Awesome game. The crowd was deafening at the end when the red cards were coming out. %@$@ the Sounders
pimp.gif

Giovani dos Santos is set to join Europa League winners Atlético Madrid next season.

The former Tottenham winger is believed to be the next signing for the Colchoneros, according to ESPN.
This was reported a few days ago.. If Gio ends up there it would be
pimp.gif

I say we start the new thread asap.. this whole not being able to see posts thing gets old really fast..

The tifo that the Timbers Army made for today:

xqj2a1.jpg

And I'll throw my vote for the new thread to start after the Euro's are over.

I say after euros... once all league fixtures have been released

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Originally Posted by DLo13

Kagawa turned down the #7. Can't say I blame him.

yup,heard about that too...he was quoted as saying that he wants to make a name for himself on his own terms...
Kagawa added that he had asked for a number "with personal meaning",
leading to speculation in the Japanese media that the player could wear the 8,26, or 29 as he did at Cerezo Osaka,or the 23 shirt he donned at Dortmund.

i can't see Anderson nor Cleverley giving up their squad numbers,but good news for Shinji that both #26 and #29 haven't been taken up since Obertan and Kuszczak left the club...

Indeed.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1114092/shinji-kagawa-won?cc=4716 

Manchester United's new Japanese midfield signing Shinji Kagawa has talked of his excitement at joining the Red Devils, confirming that he turned down the chance to wear the club's famous No. 7 shirt.

Kagawa, 23, flew into Manchester on Friday to complete a medical and sign terms on four-year deal at the club, but wants to make his name at Old Trafford before possibly stepping into the iconic shirt worn by the likes of George Best, Eric Cantona, David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo.

"I've just joined the team and haven't accomplished anything yet," Kagawa told journalists in Japan after his 12-hour return flight. "I want to make a name for myself [at United] on my own terms."

Kagawa added that he had asked for a number "with personal meaning", leading to speculation in the Japanese media that the player could wear the 8, 26, or 29 as he did at Cerezo Osaka, or the 23 shirt he donned at Dortmund.

"The contract was as long as I'd expected from a club [like United]," Kagawa added. "When I was at [Old Trafford], I thought about how incredible it would be if I could score there."

Kagawa follows countrymen Junichi Inamoto, Kazuyuki Toda, Hidetoshi Nakata and Ryo Miyaichi into the Premier League, following two seasons in the Bundesliga with Borussia Dortmund, where he scored 21 times in 49 league matches.

• Manchester City have made initial enquiries about signing Napoli's Edinson Cavani, 25, and Atletico Madrid's Radamel Falcao, 26.
  • Everton and West Brom are looking to capitalise on the problems at Rangers by moving for Steven Naismith, 25, and Steven Whittaker, 28. The Scottish internationals have both rejected the transfer of their contracts to the newco at the SPL outfit.
  • Blackburn are planning a double raid on Newcastle with Dan Gosling, 22, and Leon Best, 25, on manager Steve Kean's wanted list.
  • Arsene Wenger has revealed he is "on the case" with Germany forward Marco Reus. Arsenal boss Wenger raved about Reus, 23, as he commentated on Germany v Greece for French TV.
  • Barcelona have made a move for Manchester City teenager Joan Angel Roman. Angel Roman, 19, went to City three years ago from Espanyol but has not lived up to his promise.
  • Cardiff are weighing up a move to bring back Craig Bellamy. The club's Malaysian backers want the striker, 32, to fire up next season's promotion campaign.
  • West Brom and Newcastle are both keen on a loan move for Tottenham full-back Danny Rose, 21. Spurs are also expected to lose full-back Vedran Corluka.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

does arsene not know that reus is a dortmund player now?

I'm sure it's another tabloid rumor,  I think the mail or the sun started the story. Pretty sure that same day he mentioned about having two German players on the reserve team...being talented and what not 

Originally Posted by BoredONE1

Anybody keeping up with this rumor that Drogba is visiting Barcelona tomorrow?

The worst rumor I heard today, well one of them
laugh.gif

But is it possible that he may have other business at Barcelona? Yes. But I don't think he is joining the team.

Dude would have gone to Barca when he had the chance. Around January, His agent was saying that Drogba has already proven himself and doesn't have to anymore, he wants to be on a time where get a good amount of playing time and not have to compete with others for that spot....more or less.

Furthermore he wants money and Barca isn't gonna match that.

More importantly in Arsenal news...

Ramsey may be loaned to Fulham this upcoming season. Which could really work out for him.

Theo will be reentering contract negotiations...I really can't see him going any place else, certainly not a club at the same level. He has yet to really prove himself. And if he does go, I see OX, G27 and if Ryo isn't loaned...all working the right wing. It's a weakness for Ryo but something he has been working on.

Giroud should be officially announced soon. 

I think Wenger may still be in the market for a MF and a DF.

There was a rumor about RvP meeting in ManCiteh on twitter...but he's on vacation in Holland 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

And it looks like Nasri is going to be benched by the NT for a little while...stupid d*ke
laugh.gif

Milan is only willing to sell Didac Vila as a permanent transfer and not on loan.

Flamini has signed a one year extension with Milan.

El Shaarawy could be sent on a loan to Torino before the transfer window closes.

Diamanti is staying at Bologna.

Sampdoria have confirmed they will be playing a Friendly Match for the Gamper Trophy against Barcelona at the Camp Nou in August as a 20th anniversary match of their European Cup Final.

• Manchester City are targeting Newcastle's Fabricio Coloccini and Liverpool's Daniel Agger as possible replacements for Joleon Lescott, who could become the odd man out at Eastlands.
  • Chelsea have turned their attention to Bayer Leverkusen winger Andre Schurrle, 21, after Wigan broke off talks over selling Victor Moses.
  • Italian club Lazio are closing in on the signing of West Ham and Tottenham target Burak Yilmaz, 26, according to reports in Italy.
  • Chelsea midfielder Raul Meireles, 29, is an £8m target for Serie A side Napoli.
  • Fiorentina are unlikely to sell Liverpool and Aston Villa target Juan Manuel Vargas, 28, this summer after both clubs failed to reach the Italian team's £12m asking price.
  • Edin Dzeko's proposed move from Manchester City to Bayern Munich is in doubt after the German giants made a bid for Wolfsburg's 26-year-old striker Mario Mandzukic.
  • Craig Bellamy believes Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool could be a "match made in heaven" - but Cardiff City could tempt the 32-year-old away from the new regime at Anfield.

• Didier Drogba, 34, could be set to complete what would be an astonishing transfer to Barcelona just days after signing a Shangha Shenhua contract.
  • Chelsea have been told Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao, 26, is not for sale at any price.
  • Manchester City have rejected claims they want to offload £18m left-back Aleksandar Kolarov, 26.
  • Sunderland are stepping up efforts to land 25-year-old Wolves striker Steven Fletcher.

Back
Top Bottom