The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

should of bought stekelenburg man, and it is apparent that we should really look into buying another defender, rafael out for 10 weeks, oshea and brown no longer there....feels bad man

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

LOL "In your dreams son"
Why did we even buy Lindegaard if we're not gonna use him
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
 i laughed so hard when he said that... 

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

should of bought stekelenburg man, and it is apparent that we should really look into buying another defender, rafael out for 10 weeks, oshea and brown no longer there....feels bad man

grin.gif
what?

first of all, if we all just take a minute and look at Schmeichel's early matches with united he had plenty of howlers, same goes for iker casillas, we bought the right player...

secondly, we have smalling, evans, rio, fabio, vidic, evra, and jones in the back we dont need a defender...

Oh splendid. Vida is down.

I think we have enough defenders... its just that the gap between the well-established guys (Vida, Rio, Evra) and the kids is reasonably big right now. And by gap, I mean their experience/age. Need to give time for the kids to mature as players.
EDIT ~ Berbs.

EDIT2 ~ Great... lost both CB's.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Marlo Stanfield!

roll.gif
eek.gif
thats spot on

not a good match for us, but im not overly concerned, Young was fantastic looked to make an impact every chance he had and strong performances from chunks, evans, and rooney as well.

wow SMFH at some of my fellow United supporters in here ... De Gea will be fine...

I don't doubt that he'll be fine... Just surprised that he's being thrown in the mix so soon. So much for SAF easing him in.

And, yes, I still think he should have got at least a hand on that strike.
EDIT ~ Damn, Rafa out 10 weeks, Rio out 6 weeks, Vida out 2 weeks... Evra back next week.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

I don't doubt that he'll be fine... Just surprised that he's being thrown in the mix so soon. So much for SAF easing him in.

And, yes, I still think he should have got at least a hand on that strike.
EDIT ~ Damn, Rafa out 10 weeks, Rio out 6 weeks, Vida out 2 weeks... Evra back next week.
i agree i thought we'd see him later on, but i feel like mistakes are expected to happen, SAF knows this, but whats important is how he moves on from these

mistakes, should he learn from them and show the work rate and maturity to better himself then he'll be top class in no time...

aside from injuries, only thing worrying is we looked like arsenal out there (no pun) but too often we tried to walk the ball in the net with our passing, we only had

one shot on target today! considering how dominate we were 1st half thats terrible.

Rio injured? Shocker.

So hyped for this Supercup first leg. A 1-1 draw is probably most likely, but I wouldn't be surprised if Madrid gets a goal up on Barca at the Bernabeu. Then again, it's entirely dependent on how many players Mou commits forward.

New signings Sanchez and Coentrao both ooze class, so i'll be eager to see them in real action for their new sides.

Man, one game into the season and our back line is just...
30t6p3b.gif
I hope the kids grow up fast and step up to the challenge.

Positives in the game: The ball movement up front in the first half was great to see. Rooney's passing is incredible.

Negs: It seemed like no one wanted to take a shot at goal today though and Young was happy just swinging it in every time he touched the ball, never wanting to dribble in.

^ I don't think anyone's writing him off... certainly not after 90 mins. Give him a few seasons.

Anywho... El Clasico!

It's gonna be that kind of year for Benzema. He's been electric this summer.

Whoop these culeros!

BTW - no mention of El Nino's performance today? Y'all #@#@ about him not scoring but he turned back the clock today and was MotM.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom