The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by beans718

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Guaranteed La Liga and Champions League title if this happens. I've been following Ibra this season and he's definitely a level above Higuain and Benzema, as well as Benz is playing this season. Ibra's stay in Barcelona wasn't exactly a success, but it definitely wasn't a failure like some people are eager to point out. His style of play just fits Real Madrid better than Barca, both in terms of their tradition and how they're currently playing.

Ionno about this.. while I'll agree that Ibra is a beast, I have to think its partly due to the league he is playing in.
IDK about either one of these statements.

In my mind Ibra is the most talented out-and-out striker on the planet, but he doesn't make Real that much better.  He doesn't solve their head-to-head problem with Barca (I'd bet on Mourinho answering that before the individual ability of any player in the world) and he definitely doesn't gift them a CL title.
laugh.gif

And finally, the wine-makers of the Bodega Valentin Bianchi, in the Argentinian province of Mendoza, have unveiled plans to name a range of their hooch after Lionel Messi. The brand will be calledLeo and all profits from its sales will go to charitable causes championed by the scurrying goal-getter's charitable foundation. Assorted wine-makers in Spain are now reported to be considering a similar collaboration with one of Messi's Barcelona team-mates. Despite being more robust and full-bodied than Messi, they're confident their Busquets range will go down a lot easier.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

And finally, the wine-makers of the Bodega Valentin Bianchi, in the Argentinian province of Mendoza, have unveiled plans to name a range of their hooch after Lionel Messi. The brand will be calledLeo and all profits from its sales will go to charitable causes championed by the scurrying goal-getter's charitable foundation. Assorted wine-makers in Spain are now reported to be considering a similar collaboration with one of Messi's Barcelona team-mates. Despite being more robust and full-bodied than Messi, they're confident their Busquets range will go down a lot easier.
roll.gif

laugh.gif

No supercup in Warsaw.The city of Warsaw  gave no permisson for the match.
They had safety concerns for the game between Wisla Krakow and Legia Warsaw.
The stadium is an Euro 2012 stadium.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by beans718

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Guaranteed La Liga and Champions League title if this happens. I've been following Ibra this season and he's definitely a level above Higuain and Benzema, as well as Benz is playing this season. Ibra's stay in Barcelona wasn't exactly a success, but it definitely wasn't a failure like some people are eager to point out. His style of play just fits Real Madrid better than Barca, both in terms of their tradition and how they're currently playing.

Ionno about this.. while I'll agree that Ibra is a beast, I have to think its partly due to the league he is playing in.
It's obvious this guy doesn't know a thing about football, why bother even explaining, but to manage 20+ in Serie A means he would top the charts in any other league

gotta hate premier league fanboys.....where are you from again?? lol
roll.gif

Capello has resigned as England manager.
and on the same day Harry gets cleared of his charges? It looks like spurs need to find a new manager in the summer 
tired.gif

Capello is an idiot and the FA is a bunch of idiots.
Just 4 months ahead of the Euro.

Originally Posted by GMA 11

Capello has resigned as England manager.
and on the same day Harry gets cleared of his charges? It looks like spurs need to find a new manager in the summer 
tired.gif
Capello to the Lane? Personally I hope not. But yeah, bittersweet day for us.
The FA<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 
30t6p3b.gif

...and Basel plays Bayern in the next round of the CL in a couple of weeks. Awkward...

[h1]Bayern snap up Shaqiri[/h1]
February 9, 2012

By ESPNsoccernet staff

Bayern Munich have completed a deal to sign highly-rated Swiss midfielder Xherdan Shaqiri, who will join the Bundesliga giants for the start of next season.

xherdanshaqiribasel_275x155.jpg

APXherdan Shaqiri: Will play in Bundesliga with Bayern next season

Shaqiri passed a medical in Munich earlier this week and signed a four-year contract with Die Roten after Basel accepted a reported €10 million transfer fee for the player.

Bayern's director of sport Christian Nerlinger said: "We are delighted that we have been able to sign Xherdan Shaqiri, one of the most coveted young talents in European football."

Head coach Jupp Heynckes is looking forward to working with the 20-year-old Switzerland international next season too.

"Xherdan will strengthen our team next season with his intelligence and his dribbling skills,'' he said. "I have been watching him for a while now and am convinced that he can become an important player for FC Bayern.''

Shaqiri will get a close look of his future employers in just under a fortnight when Basel host Bayern in the last 16 of the Champions League.

Shaqiri was close to a move to Turkish side Galatasaray during the January transfer window but the deal fell through and he was subsequently linked with Manchester United.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i think they should cash in on Robben or Ribéry while they still can

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i think they should cash in on Robben or Ribéry while they still can

No chance that Bayern will sell Ribery or Robben.At the moment they think about an extension for Robben.
Well, except PSG or Manchester City are offering 50mil Euros.Bayern has money and they're proud.

Dont know if this belongs here i mean it is soccer related . But anyone check out alex morgans body paint for the sports illustrated swimsuit issue . Hott!!!!

Originally Posted by turbomugenhatch

Dont know if this belongs here i mean it is soccer related . But anyone check out alex morgans body paint for the sports illustrated swimsuit issue . Hott!!!!
AMOSI.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif