The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Anyone with insight to the Champions league final?

Predictions etc etc...
For some reason I see Man Utd winning. I feel if Vidic/Ferdinand/Evra can lock it down, their offense should be able to score enough to win it. Of course with Barca you never know...

the defense in this united barca game should be GREAT, both back lines are straight talent, united could use a better RB though, ive never been a fan of rafael

the defense in this united barca game should be GREAT, both back lines are straight talent, united could use a better RB though, ive never been a fan of rafael

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

give both of the silvas a few years and they will be extremely solid, both starting for utd and brazil.

or, they could go the anderson route and smash up their audis and not give an F. the brazilians just never do that well at utd. we'll see though, i think they have the talent and it seems that SAF is going to give them the opportunities to flourish.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

give both of the silvas a few years and they will be extremely solid, both starting for utd and brazil.

or, they could go the anderson route and smash up their audis and not give an F. the brazilians just never do that well at utd. we'll see though, i think they have the talent and it seems that SAF is going to give them the opportunities to flourish.

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Originally Posted by Demps

The USA and mexico = favorites

costa rica and honduras = darkhorse

the rest dont matter.

They mattered when Guatemala eliminated the US from the U-17 world cup  last month. 

They matter to Mexico ...cuz Mexico has a 4 game losing streak against Guatemala (tournaments and friendlies).

02: US
03:mexico
05: US
07: US
09:mexico

I dont see that pattern changing..

the rest dont matter.

They mattered when Guatemala eliminated the US from the U-17 world cup  last month. 

They matter to Mexico ...cuz Mexico has a 4 game losing streak against Guatemala (tournaments and friendlies).

the rest dont matter.

I don't see it either but Mexico and the US have been beaten in Concacaf by canada, honduras, guatemala, jamaica, costa rica, and el salvador. They can get upset at any point in the knockout stage. The group stage should see (A)mexico, costa rica, (B)honduras, guatemala, (C) US, and canada advancing no matter what. 

the rest dont matter.

I don't see it either but Mexico and the US have been beaten in Concacaf by canada, honduras, guatemala, jamaica, costa rica, and el salvador. They can get upset at any point in the knockout stage. The group stage should see (A)mexico, costa rica, (B)honduras, guatemala, (C) US, and canada advancing no matter what. 

Can't wait for Saturday 
pimp.gif
2 of the best teams of not only the world but history 
pimp.gif

Honestly I have a feeling this match could go either way. On paper our team is superior but with a team like Man Utd who excel at pulling wins out of nowhere, you never know (that's not a shot at Utd, that's one of their best qualities, always finding a way to win)

The last time we met Utd in the final was way more exciting/nerve wracking to me though. Going against a team with both Ronaldo and Tevez
sick.gif
that team was STACKED

I want us to win of course but I also want to see Chicharito beast throughout the match too. Dude is in my top 5 favorite current players

Can't wait for Saturday 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Honestly I have a feeling this match could go either way. On paper our team is superior but with a team like Man Utd who excel at pulling wins out of nowhere, you never know (that's not a shot at Utd, that's one of their best qualities, always finding a way to win)

The last time we met Utd in the final was way more exciting/nerve wracking to me though. Going against a team with both Ronaldo and Tevez
sick.gif
that team was STACKED

I want us to win of course but I also want to see Chicharito beast throughout the match too. Dude is in my top 5 favorite current players

Predictions etc etc...
It all depends on how much diving practice and mock ref-rushing the Barca team can get in before the final...
In the roughly 440 minutes played against 11 men over the recent four El Clásicos and the two matches with Arsenal, Barcelona scored three and conceded five, whilst in the roughly 100 minutes against 10 men, they scored five and conceded one. That's one goal scored per 147 minutes against 11 men and one goal scored per 20 minutes against 10 men.

Predictions etc etc...
It all depends on how much diving practice and mock ref-rushing the Barca team can get in before the final...
In the roughly 440 minutes played against 11 men over the recent four El Clásicos and the two matches with Arsenal, Barcelona scored three and conceded five, whilst in the roughly 100 minutes against 10 men, they scored five and conceded one. That's one goal scored per 147 minutes against 11 men and one goal scored per 20 minutes against 10 men.

trunks206 +1

Barca are a blessing to football with their play and an embarrassment to football with their antics. Its an issue everywhere but the way 4 or 5 Barca players surround a ref anytime there is contact is appalling, not to mention the diving of certain players. If im a ref and any player other than the captain and maybe the players involved in the tackle confront me, im dishing out yellows.

trunks206 +1

Barca are a blessing to football with their play and an embarrassment to football with their antics. Its an issue everywhere but the way 4 or 5 Barca players surround a ref anytime there is contact is appalling, not to mention the diving of certain players. If im a ref and any player other than the captain and maybe the players involved in the tackle confront me, im dishing out yellows.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Can't wait for Saturday 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

sick.gif
that team was STACKED

Thank you. I'm from Mexico so of course I want Chicharito to shine, but just not on my team 
ohwell.gif
. Having said that....
VISCA BARCA!!!!!

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Can't wait for Saturday 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

sick.gif
that team was STACKED

Thank you. I'm from Mexico so of course I want Chicharito to shine, but just not on my team 
ohwell.gif
. Having said that....
VISCA BARCA!!!!!

Barcelona is the higher quality team, and thus should win a contested match. I would be absolutely crushed if they lose, so I'm not even going to entertain the possibility.
laugh.gif

Here's a stat: Barcelona is undefeated this season with el Capitan in the lineup.

Barcelona is the higher quality team, and thus should win a contested match. I would be absolutely crushed if they lose, so I'm not even going to entertain the possibility.
laugh.gif

Here's a stat: Barcelona is undefeated this season with el Capitan in the lineup.

%!!@, I cant believe Man Utd signed De Gea. What a great $%+%+* signing. You're not only looking at one of the top GKs in the world but the guy is only 20 which could mean he calls Old Trafford home for the next 10-15 seasons.

I guess this puts to bed the rumors of Man Utd not having cash to spend. All Man Utd have done since the Glazers took over is win 3 league titles, make 3 CL finals and continue to win even after selling Cristiano Ronaldo.

Yes, I'm jelly.

%!!@, I cant believe Man Utd signed De Gea. What a great $%+%+* signing. You're not only looking at one of the top GKs in the world but the guy is only 20 which could mean he calls Old Trafford home for the next 10-15 seasons.

I guess this puts to bed the rumors of Man Utd not having cash to spend. All Man Utd have done since the Glazers took over is win 3 league titles, make 3 CL finals and continue to win even after selling Cristiano Ronaldo.

Yes, I'm jelly.

As for the CL final, it's obvious Barca are the favorites and Ferguson will plan accordingly. The great thing about Guardiola compared to Riijkaard is that he continues to keep his players motivated even despite all their achievements. Barca know they are the favorites but you wont see any complacency from them on Saturday. I dont think the strategies employed by both teams will be surprising to any fan that's watched both teams in action this season. Man Utd will be glad to give Barca over 65% possession and they will try to bomb Barca on the wings and burn them with the counter. It'll be interesting to see if the nasty pitch at Wembley plays a factor in slowing Barca down. Ferguson has complained about Wembley's pitch atleast 2-3 times in the past saying that it slows the game down and causes injuries so we'll see if it makes a difference.

Anyways, Utd will play their hearts out and it wouldnt surprise me to see them win but this Barcelona team is special and they should end up winning 'comfortably'. I'm thinking a 2-1 Barca win is in the cards.

As for the CL final, it's obvious Barca are the favorites and Ferguson will plan accordingly. The great thing about Guardiola compared to Riijkaard is that he continues to keep his players motivated even despite all their achievements. Barca know they are the favorites but you wont see any complacency from them on Saturday. I dont think the strategies employed by both teams will be surprising to any fan that's watched both teams in action this season. Man Utd will be glad to give Barca over 65% possession and they will try to bomb Barca on the wings and burn them with the counter. It'll be interesting to see if the nasty pitch at Wembley plays a factor in slowing Barca down. Ferguson has complained about Wembley's pitch atleast 2-3 times in the past saying that it slows the game down and causes injuries so we'll see if it makes a difference.

Anyways, Utd will play their hearts out and it wouldnt surprise me to see them win but this Barcelona team is special and they should end up winning 'comfortably'. I'm thinking a 2-1 Barca win is in the cards.

My team is Barcelona but for some reason, I am more worried about Man UtD than I was about Real Madrid. Anything goes in 90 min, the W can go to either team.

My team is Barcelona but for some reason, I am more worried about Man UtD than I was about Real Madrid. Anything goes in 90 min, the W can go to either team.

Back
Top Bottom