The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

coutinho has looked good in some meaningless friendlies but he isnt in the same prodigy category as neymar and ganso. no doubt though he will be very good.

and he still aint pato.

coutinho has looked good in some meaningless friendlies but he isnt in the same prodigy category as neymar and ganso. no doubt though he will be very good.

and he still aint pato.

Originally Posted by Naija Nitemare

Did Prince get an assist on that last goal during the Milan game or did that go off a defender? I couldn't tell
it went off the defender

word is Huntelaar is to join Schalke

Originally Posted by Naija Nitemare

Did Prince get an assist on that last goal during the Milan game or did that go off a defender? I couldn't tell
it went off the defender

word is Huntelaar is to join Schalke

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

and he still aint pato.

You're comparing apples to oranges. Pato is a striker, Coutinho is a midfielder. That's like saying Ashley Cole is no Xabi Alonso.
ohwell.gif

and he still aint pato.

You're comparing apples to oranges. Pato is a striker, Coutinho is a midfielder. That's like saying Ashley Cole is no Xabi Alonso.
ohwell.gif

Coutinho was disappointing on Friday and again today. He turned the ball over too many times trying to be fancy, his touch and control were poor and his only real positive action was crossing the ball to Eto'o inside the box (after he initially lost control of a pass). His age makes me wonder if Inter are using him way too soon.

I think this Serie A season will be a cracker. I think Inter will lose a step under Benetiz while AC Milan and Juventus should be better than they were last season. Roma will ofcourse be up there as well.

Here's an interesting article that breaks down how much money Barca lost on their Ibrahimovic experiment. It made me sick when they got rid of Eto'o after his 36-goal season and it makes me even sicker that they've given up on Ibrahimovic after just one season. I know he wanted out but I would've preferred Barca given him another chance to redeem himself. Having some extra striker depth would've been nice too.
http://bleacherreport.com...d-fc-barcelona-yet-again

Van Persie injured again. I hate this pu.ssy.
Canales is the truth.
He was very good for Spain in the youth Euro competition this summer and Mourinho has spoken very highly on him. That being said, this kid was a turnover machine in pre-season for Real. Another youngster that tries to do too much every time he gets the ball. I wonder if he'll get much action this season when Real get everyone healthy.

Coutinho was disappointing on Friday and again today. He turned the ball over too many times trying to be fancy, his touch and control were poor and his only real positive action was crossing the ball to Eto'o inside the box (after he initially lost control of a pass). His age makes me wonder if Inter are using him way too soon.

I think this Serie A season will be a cracker. I think Inter will lose a step under Benetiz while AC Milan and Juventus should be better than they were last season. Roma will ofcourse be up there as well.

Here's an interesting article that breaks down how much money Barca lost on their Ibrahimovic experiment. It made me sick when they got rid of Eto'o after his 36-goal season and it makes me even sicker that they've given up on Ibrahimovic after just one season. I know he wanted out but I would've preferred Barca given him another chance to redeem himself. Having some extra striker depth would've been nice too.
http://bleacherreport.com...d-fc-barcelona-yet-again

Van Persie injured again. I hate this pu.ssy.
Canales is the truth.
He was very good for Spain in the youth Euro competition this summer and Mourinho has spoken very highly on him. That being said, this kid was a turnover machine in pre-season for Real. Another youngster that tries to do too much every time he gets the ball. I wonder if he'll get much action this season when Real get everyone healthy.

I think RVP can sit out for a little while and we won't miss him. We have a 2 week break, then Bolton, Braga, Sunderland, Spuds (Carling), WBA, Partizan...all games I don't think we'll really need him for seeing we have Chamakh and Bendtner is coming back very soon.

I hope the training staff can get him fit for Oct 3rd, as long as we have him for the trip to the Bridge then I think we're good, we signed Chamakh for a reason.

I think RVP can sit out for a little while and we won't miss him. We have a 2 week break, then Bolton, Braga, Sunderland, Spuds (Carling), WBA, Partizan...all games I don't think we'll really need him for seeing we have Chamakh and Bendtner is coming back very soon.

I hope the training staff can get him fit for Oct 3rd, as long as we have him for the trip to the Bridge then I think we're good, we signed Chamakh for a reason.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

The problem is this guy's usually injured during the most crucial spells of the season (February, March, April). In the last 4-seasons he's only managed to stay healthy once in the 2nd half of the season. Sure the guy is exceptionally talented but if I were Wenger I'd replace him with a more durable attacker. He's just like his country mate Robben who is another amazing talent but rarely enjoys extended periods of good health.

One person that has really surprised me so far about Arsenal is this bum a.ss Theo Walcott looking like Lionel Messi out there. What the eff is going on? I'm still highly skeptical of him but I hope he keeps it up
laugh.gif

The problem is this guy's usually injured during the most crucial spells of the season (February, March, April). In the last 4-seasons he's only managed to stay healthy once in the 2nd half of the season. Sure the guy is exceptionally talented but if I were Wenger I'd replace him with a more durable attacker. He's just like his country mate Robben who is another amazing talent but rarely enjoys extended periods of good health.

One person that has really surprised me so far about Arsenal is this bum a.ss Theo Walcott looking like Lionel Messi out there. What the eff is going on? I'm still highly skeptical of him but I hope he keeps it up
laugh.gif

I agree with everything you're saying...we need to find a way to keep his *%* healthy for an entire season. Maybe build this fool some steel ankle braces...
laugh.gif

Theo isn't suprising me, I've supported Theo from day 1, hell I even have his Highbury kit...I told everyone this kid would emerge into something great, he's starting to show people that he isn't a bust. The kid is better than SWP and Lennon, Capello's %%+*!%# now knows he made a huge mistake not taking him to S.A. Hopefully Theo can continue on this great track and we can continue to get goals from him.

I agree with everything you're saying...we need to find a way to keep his *%* healthy for an entire season. Maybe build this fool some steel ankle braces...
laugh.gif

Theo isn't suprising me, I've supported Theo from day 1, hell I even have his Highbury kit...I told everyone this kid would emerge into something great, he's starting to show people that he isn't a bust. The kid is better than SWP and Lennon, Capello's %%+*!%# now knows he made a huge mistake not taking him to S.A. Hopefully Theo can continue on this great track and we can continue to get goals from him.

and he still aint pato.

ohwell.gif

nope. i'm just talking about young brazilians fam.

and he still aint pato.

ohwell.gif

nope. i'm just talking about young brazilians fam.

Coutinho just needs more time to get adapted, he looked very nervous.. nothing was coming off right. Kid needs to get his strength up too. That said, I will be PISSED if Inter doesn't get anyone to replace Balotelli. Yes he is a crazy bastard but in those tight games against smaller, well organized teams that just sit back and defend, you need a spark off the bench. Coutinho looks too young and Biabiany is just not good.

And Robinho to Milan looking more likely
smh.gif
+!$%

Coutinho just needs more time to get adapted, he looked very nervous.. nothing was coming off right. Kid needs to get his strength up too. That said, I will be PISSED if Inter doesn't get anyone to replace Balotelli. Yes he is a crazy bastard but in those tight games against smaller, well organized teams that just sit back and defend, you need a spark off the bench. Coutinho looks too young and Biabiany is just not good.

And Robinho to Milan looking more likely
smh.gif
+!$%

Real Madrid ain't going anywhere with this weak attack. They need a true ice cold striker. Higuain keeps on missing chance after chance without any consequences and Benzema isn't that good either. Also, anyone see this?

eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Real Madrid ain't going anywhere with this weak attack. They need a true ice cold striker. Higuain keeps on missing chance after chance without any consequences and Benzema isn't that good either. Also, anyone see this?

eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

done deal:

^ 17.2mil Euros...

other deadline day transfers:

- Klass Huntelaar from AC Milan to Schalke 04 (13mil Euros)
- Jose Manuel Jurado from Atletico Madrid to Schalke 04 (13mil Euros)
- Alex Hleb from Barcelona to Birmingham (1yr loan deal)
- Mauro Camoranesi from Juventus to Stuttgart
- Armand Traore from Arsenal to Juventus (season-long loan)

possible transfers:

- Asamoah Gyan from Rennes to Sunderland for 12mil pounds
- Carlton Cole to Liverpool
- Ryan Babel to Spurs
- Robbie Keane to Besiktas
- Eidur Gudjohnsen to Fulham

around 3hours till the transfer deadline closes,so it should be interesting...

done deal:

^ 17.2mil Euros...

possible transfers:

- Ryan Babel to Spurs

done deal:

^ 17.2mil Euros...

possible transfers:

- Ryan Babel to Spurs

Back
Top Bottom