The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Eh. All dynastys come to an end. Spain never recovered from that loss to brasil last summer it seems.

They'll be back in 2018

One of the major reasons I like Villa at Spain is cause he would also have a go when the rest of the team was over engineering a goal.

Today there were a few situations where I thought Spain was completely over engineering the situation and just needed to have a go on goal...
So true. Too much extra passing and running around at times.

Last edited:
Spain lost
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

I think its funny Spain fans are actually shocked. Knew they weren't going to perform well playing in South America. Plus where's Jese? Isco? Morata? Thiago? Where's the young talent. Del bosque came to the world cup with the same team as 2010. Been the same team since 2008. They had their run. Its over. Grande Chile!

I think its funny Spain fans are actually shocked. Knew they weren't going to perform well playing in South America. Plus where's Jese? Isco? Morata? Thiago? Where's the young talent. Del bosque came to the world cup with the same team as 2010. Been the same team since 2008. They had their run. Its over. Grande Chile!

so you know they'd be out in a group with chile and australia? :lol:

this is shocking. them not winning it all or going deep might not be a shocker...but getting eliminated after two games is a shock

End of an era YES.
But Spain has a lot of young talent.
Should have included some of the young talent to this squad.
Most of these players are done with La Roja after this WC.

Need Cameroon to win or tie against Croatia.

Last edited:
I headed off to the gym after the first Chile goal and didn't pay much attention to the game.

But did the MLS ref really do that well??

Na I said earlier I'm his thread Spain would not advance. What do you mean a group with Chile? Do you watch soccer? Chile was nice as hell in the qualifiers. Plus like I already said Spain is not suited to play in south america.

Yeah, that was my biggest concern with this Spain squad. They needed to experiment more with youth.

But from those examples you provided, Isco is the only one who they realistically could have brought. Jese and Thiago are both injured, and Morata might as well be injured.

Na I said earlier I'm his thread Spain would not advance. What do you mean a group with Chile? Do you watch soccer? Chile was nice as hell in the qualifiers. Plus like I already said Spain is not suited to play in south america.

outside of chile fans...i'd be interested in seeing how many people picked spain to not advance out of the group. i'm not saying chile sucks...but i find it hard to believe that the majority of people would pick chile to advance over spain. if the majority isn't picking that way, then it's not a shock.

kudos to you for making that pick. my point was the majority of people didn't make that pick, which is why it's a shock.

This has been by far the best World Cup I have seen. So much drama. I was hoping to see Australia pull a W and Spain as well so everyone would be leveled at 3 and play it out like the group of death would. That would have been awesome lol. Mad props to chile playing well

Spanish Armada has been defeated (hope barca take note and change tactics), can't wait to see how this tourney plays out.

Mandzu is back for the Croats! If Wenger goes for any striker, I think Mandzukic would be more productive & certainly less a headache than Balo.

Should be an interesting game...

puma got the fugly kit market on lock down again this WC.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom