The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

We are gonna have to invest in a cb tho.. Problem is we also need two mf and a LB.. I still think of all the cb available mangala has the most upside. I don't even wanna think of city with him and kompany at the back

View media item 903705

I see Garay coming in as a stop gap. Shaw coming in.

Mangala not coming to United cause he won't come cheap, and if United really have already agreed for Carvalho from Sporting, one needs to take that 37m into consideration as well.

chiva1908 chiva1908 you ever get that reus kit in?

rook rook I think Dortmund has a better shot, because their strikers actually score goals. Gonna be hard but not impossible. Still think both real and psg go through.

Speaking of Dortmund

@Mr_Bundesliga: Kicker: Gündogan can't even run now, but rumor of early retirement is unfounded. DerWesten: Watzke expects decision on his future this month

Jay Rod :smh: feel bad for dude he was having a great year. You could tell it wasn't good on the replay.

Lets get it done today Real....nothing stupid...wrap it up...not a lot of cards. Hoping PSG make it through as well.

Last edited:
Report: Southampton’s Pochettino at top of Spurs wishlist
Nicholas Mendola Apr 8, 2014, 7:25 AM EDT
Leave a comment
Southampton v Newcastle United - Premier League
Getty Images
As big English clubs continue to jostle for position in the race to tempt Southampton into selling Adam Lallana and Luke Shaw, it’s easy to forget there’s another big Saints piece in demand: the boss, Mauricio Pochettino.

And a source close to Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy tells the Telegraph that Pochettino has surpassed Dutch coach Louis van Gaal as the No. 1 manager desired if-and-when Tim Sherwood is dismissed this summer.

So much of this entire Spurs ordeal is nutty, especially considering the club is still within striking distance of European football for next season. Tottenham should be relishing its blowout win over Sunderland, but mere moments don’t exist at White Hart Lane (perhaps understandably after the club’s summer spending spree raised expectations to PL title level).

As we wrote last week, there’s very little different happening with Sherwood as boss than Andre Villas-Boas. Perhaps that’s why the desire for another boss has grown for Levy.

From the Telegraph:

Although the Holland manager, Louis van Gaal, is regarded as the favourite to succeed Sherwood, The Telegraph can reveal that Southampton’s Mauricio Pochettino is emerging as an increasingly serious candidate.

Sources close to Levy have even claimed that Pochettino, who is leading Southampton towards an unlikely top eight finish, is now the club’s number one target.

Our own Joe Prince-Wright was at White Hart Lane for Spurs 5-1 win today, and was impressed by Sherwood’s passion in the face of adversity. Perhaps the manager is a bit nuts, but perhaps that makes him the right guy for a tough job? It’s hard to tell if the majority of managers get a real look at success in the “win now or win now-er” world of the Premier League.

Speaking of Dortmund

@Mr_Bundesliga: Kicker: Gündogan can't even run now, but rumor of early retirement is unfounded. DerWesten: Watzke expects decision on his future this month

What a damn shame, I really hope things get better for him

Last edited:
laugh.gif

BBC Sporf ‏@BBCSporf 31m
"Oi mate, can you take a picture of me & Mascherano? Nice one." pic.twitter.com/ym6m0Sdiwj
laugh.gif

Reminded me of this...

On the left, F1 2008 World Champion, Lewis Hamilton.  On the right, Sebastian Vettel... who would later become the F1 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 World Champion. 

13714897485_dfa23a87a3_c.jpg

laugh.gif

13714904565_4cde64633b_c.jpg

Uncle Luke has come out in opposition to Beckham's proposed deal for a Miami stadium.
I don't really disagree, but the source still makes me laugh. :lol:

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2014-04-10/news/david-beckham-soccer-miami/

Will Miami Bend It for Beckham?
Mon., Apr. 7, 2014 @ 1:45 pm
Luther Campbell

Comments (0)
In Miami, having a celebrity as a frontman practically guarantees politicians will approve a public boondoggle. Indeed, it seems Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez is ready to hand over prime waterfront land, owned by the taxpayers, to global soccer star David Beckham. The British football icon recently unveiled his vision for a soccer stadium at PortMiami. Beckham has even sweetened the pot, claiming he's talking to the University of Miami about moving the soccer team's home games out of Sun Life Stadium.

Gimenez and his cronies are star-struck. Small, African-American-owned businesses can't get a minute on the mayor's calendar, but a multimillionaire soccer player can ask for the port and get it. That's ridiculous.

Miami politicians have a track record of being Hollywood groupies. In 2001, celebrity racecar driver Emerson Fittipaldi partnered with prominent Miami architect Willy Bermello and local attorney Peter Yanowitch to return Grand Prix racing to the streets of downtown Miami. The City of Miami awarded them a no-bid deal that allowed Fittipaldi and crew to use Bayfront Park and rip up city sidewalks and city streets for the race course. They also received a $2 million loan from the Miami Sports and Exhibition Authority for the race, which was held in October 2002. Guess who was the city manager who inked the deal? Bingo! Gimenez.

In 2003, the three sold their interest for $1.2 million to a motorsports company that folded, leaving an oil slick of debt with the city and the sports authority.

Gimenez is not the only groupie mayor. Hialeah's Carlos Hernandez flimflammed city residents on behalf of former New York Yankees pitcher Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez, who is not related to the mayor. In 2011, Hernandez awarded a no-bid contract to El Duke Sports Association LLC to take over all seven baseball fields at Hialeah's Babcock Park. El Duque closed off the fields with fences and padlocks. The only way to use them is to pay $300 to $500 per little-league team for El Duque's tournaments.

It seems you have to be famous for these politicians to help you. Either that or have a bag full of cash for their re-election campaigns. I could be wrong, of course. They might say no to Beckham. Only time will tell.

Follow Luke on Twitter: @unclelukereal1.

Oh damn that Zidane gif :x

i remember Zidane had some ridiculous control and balance during a France vs Portugal game in 2000 where the goalie booted to him up the field and he control it with his chest and feet all while spinning :x

i got ya my man...it's at the 1:06 mark

Last edited:
People saying BVB has a chance realize they can win 4-1 and still get knocked out right :lol:

Spinal injury late last year i think. Barca doctors were just there assessing his injury though. Don't think his career is over. I did read that he will be let go for around the 15m range.

Spinal injury late last year i think. Barca doctors were just there assessing his injury though. Don't think his career is over. I did read that he will be let go for around the 15m range.
Back, then he caught bronchitis and then an Inflamed nerve in his back .. Id risk 15 mil on him in a blink of an eye

Last edited:
What happened to gundogen?

From what I hear...Most football injuries are acute tears or strains of tissue. His is inflammation-based, not surgically treatable.

United/LA Galaxy at the Rose Bowl on 7/23.
I assume that means Chicharito will be sold 7/24.

Please do this for me today, Chelsea.

Back
Top Bottom