The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Milan open up the season with a loss to newly promoted Hellas Verona. Familiar face Luca Toni popped up with a brace showing he still has quality even at his age.

I dunno I thought those were two good wins for Liverpool to start off the season especially with your star striker suspended. Villa has shown they are a tough team to break down when they defend in numbers and deadly on the counter, so I think being able to churn out a result is a good three points, which is the exact type of instance where they would have dropped points in the previous couple seasons. I think with the general youth of the squad and having the new pieces blend will take a little bit and getting 6 points on the board at the moment is good for them as I think they will get better.

:lol: @ Milan

Liverpool with two pretty unconvincing wins to start the season.
First win was against stoke. Who happens to have a good defense. In fact , in the past even AVB said that he feels that they are one of the best defensive teams in Europe. So that result was expected. The win against Aston villa was another good win. We could've probably scored another goal or two, but Aston villa defended well and counter attacked well. In

Last edited:
laugh.gif
@ Milan

First win was against stoke. Who happens to have a good defense. In fact , in the past even AVB said that he feels that they are one of the best defensive teams in Europe. So that result was expected. The win against Aston villa was another good win. We could've probably scored another goal or two, but Aston villa defended well and counter attacked well. In

:lol: @ Milan

What was the point of doing that? You're a cornball dude

Chelsea never should of sold him. All Torres' fault. :smh:

And AVB's fault too..
Torres shoulda been dumped a looong time ago..

Not AVB's fault at all. When AVB was manager Sturridge was a regular in the lineup. Then he got fired, RDM took over and Sturridge barely played anymore. In 2012 after Drogba and Anelka left all we had was Sturridge and Torres, and RDM still didn't play him. :smh:

6 points for Liverpool to start the season is a great thing for them. What I meant by unconvincing is that they are playing lesser opponents and in both games left the door wide open for Stoke and Villa to come back. They left chances on the field and against better teams they won't be churning out 1-0 wins. Suarez coming back will help for sure, but I'd like to see Sturridge and Coutinho seal these games up

@CentreTransfer: Bale will sign a six-year deal, worth £8.6m net a year, when he completes an £85m move to Madrid. (MARCA) #Transfers

laugh.gif
@ Milan

What was the point of doing that? You're a cornball dude
and you talk sports like a broad....you in the moment gump

Not AVB's fault at all. When AVB was manager Sturridge was a regular in the lineup. Then he got fired, RDM took over and Sturridge barely played anymore. In 2012 after Drogba and Anelka left all we had was Sturridge and Torres, and RDM still didn't play him. :smh:

AVB never let him lead the line though, he always played him wide right when he'd never been utilized there and scored a nice sum of goals anyway (11?) but he was never given the chance to play as a striker regularly under any manager, due in large part to the play Fernando policy. Every goal Danny scores is like an internal struggle because I still love the kid and want him to do well, but it burns me up because even for the solid amount he was sold for, I think he had more to offer.

6 points for Liverpool to start the season is a great thing for them. What I meant by unconvincing is that they are playing lesser opponents and in both games left the door wide open for Stoke and Villa to come back. They left chances on the field and against better teams they won't be churning out 1-0 wins. Suarez coming back will help for sure, but I'd like to see Sturridge and Coutinho seal these games up
I see what you mean and I agree. I noticed in a few games last season that once they score whether it be in the first or second half and they are up 1 goal. They tend to play conservative which allows the other team to put some offensive pressure on them and lead to some near goals. It's funny though, today the announcers were talking stats and they said with Suarez playing liverpool won 39% of their games. Without him playing, they won 60%. Hopefully when he returns it's a different result.

and you talk sports like a broad....you in the moment gump
you're a clown though

Last edited:
Can't say enough about Coutinho helping unlock Sturridge.

Benteke and Agbonlahor have looked lively for Villa in attack.

Okore's move to Villa Park has been successful thus far. Looked strong in defense against Chelsea and Liverpool.

Can't believe I'm agreeing with a Madridista... :lol: But Coutinho has been vital not only to Sturridge but the Reds in general since he arrived from Inter. Honestly though, I think Sturridge wouldn't been ok regardless. He's really matured since he first started playing in the Prem.

So Sunderland made a €7 million bid to Roma for Michael Bradley which Roma rejected huh? Interesting...

Lol, come over to the dark side.

Coutinho is entering the twilight of his prime at 21.

Buck could benefit from securing an Eriksen type after missing on Mkhitaryan. Also a central defender.

I'm carefully tracking Sterling's development. Steady.

See you in October, PSK.

My friend told me about Coutinho in 2011 when he was on Inter... he used to **** with him in FIFA :lol:

I never forgot about him and its good to hear that hes ******** in real life too

Last edited:
I'm going with a 2-1 prediction in Chelsea's favor on Monday. Mou gets the better of Moyes. RVP, Lampard, Oscar.

Words on a message board. Cool. Now I see why some futbol fans don't **** with this thread. Besides Eddie and few others its filled w/ sensitive jerk offs

But if anyone got anymore crying direct it to my twitter...not getting banned over some Matthew Shepards

Last edited:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...wait-for-Manchester-Uniteds-Wayne-Rooney.html

If its true Bayern and Chelsea are gonna be ridiculous in FIFA 14 :lol:

You beat me too it :lol:

I was just about to post it
Saw this on Reddit
The transfer of Eto’o, the 32-year-old former Inter Milan and Barcelona striker, is part of the agreement to sign Brazil midfielder Willian.
Good for both parties especially Anzhi

@BenSmithBBC Yohan Cabaye refused to play for #NUFC today.
If true, that's not how you go about things :smh:
Also Wenger said there won't be any new signings before the Fenerbache game

All the red cards from the Bundesliga today
HEDOhGf.png

Even Lahm got a yellow, his first card in the Bundesliga after 41 games without getting booked

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom