The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I'm trying hard to figure out how we plan on playing Willian when we already have Mata-Oscar-Hazard-De Bruyne-Schurrle-van Ginkel-Victor Moses at our attacking mid positions.

Well with Willian, i think Chelsea well swap Mata for Rooney. Play Hazzard, Oscar, Willian as the atacking mids. De Bruyne still neds time to adapt n get stronger and Shurrle can play as striker also. I see Moses as a bench plaer n van Ginkel plaing in the Lampard role

Well with Willian, i think Chelsea well swap Mata for Rooney. Play Hazzard, Oscar, Willian as the atacking mids. De Bruyne still neds time to adapt n get stronger and Shurrle can play as striker also. I see Moses as a bench plaer n van Ginkel plaing in the Lampard role
Mourinho is on the record saying he doesn't plan on selling Mata though (posted the quote on the previous page). It just seems like Abrahmovich is flexing and preventing Tottenham from getting Willian, doesn't matter if he pisses off Schurrle or Victor Moses in the process. Eventually, I see Victor Moses being transferred or loaned out but Schurrle would be the odd man out unless Mourinho, as you mentioned, does intend to play him at striker, and if that truly is his intention, then Rooney and Eto'o likely won't come here and I'd anticipate Ba being moved as well.

START: Hazard - Oscar - Mata
BENCH: De Bruyne - van Ginkel - Willian

STRIKERS: Torres, Lukaku, Schurrle.

LEAVING: Ba, Victor Moses.

Mourinho is on the record saying he doesn't plan on selling Mata though (posted the quote on the previous page). It just seems like Abrahmovich is flexing and preventing Tottenham from getting Willian, doesn't matter if he pisses off Schurrle or Victor Moses in the process. Eventually, I see Victor Moses being transferred or loaned out but Schurrle would be the odd man out unless Mourinho, as you mentioned, does intend to play him at striker, and if that truly is his intention, then Rooney and Eto'o likely won't come here and I'd anticipate Ba being moved as well.

I'm fine with that. We just need a damn pulse up front. Really just hope Lukaku takes the starting spot and doesn't look back. Hopefully he gets the start on Monday.

Last edited:

I jus saw the interview from Mourhino and im glad if the keep Mata. It seems like Chelsea is doing the same thing as Baern and just loading up in the midfield. I think this is good cause it gives Chelsea a strong team no matter who they field in all competiton. I can't wait till i go back back to the bridge to watch a match

Moses scored a couple of big goals last year, but he was always a cheap/stop gap player. Sort of like Dempsey...

Hopefully somebody will come for him (old boss Martinez at Everton?), he deserves to play.

Chelsea best lineup with Willian has to include him in the starting XI. Hazard and Willian can play opposite wings. It'd be a lethal counter attack (Jose's type of style).

The question is whose going to start in the center attacking midfield role? It either has to be Mata or Oscar. So far Mourinho has liked to play Oscar in that position (his natural position). I guess Mourinho can swap Oscar and Mata on the regular but it seems like a waste since they're both world class.

It has smelt like maybe Mourinho wasn't the biggest fan of Mata since he took over. This Willian signing is just fueling that assumption. (Mourinho still loves to hate the Spanish :lol:)

I know Mourinho said he won't get rid of Mata, but if that Mata-Rooney swap is possible - I can see Mou pulling the trigger asap.

@Squawka: Chelsea have agreed a £30m deal to sign Willian from Anzhi Makhachkala subject to a work permit. #CFC #THFC

RT @bbcsport_david: Chelsea agree £30m deal to sign Willian subject to work permit. Medical this weekend, hearing next week. #Cfc moved at 6pm on Thursday #thfc

Bale is not worth more than CR7.

:lol:

You keep forgetting that was 2009 when Ronaldo signed that ridiculously high contract.

The game has changed with the oil clubs joining the playing field.

In a few years, some club will be bidding 120m for a player.

You keep forgetting that was 2009 when Ronaldo signed that ridiculously high contract.

The game has changed but one thing remains the same, Bale is not worth more than Ronaldo.

The game has changed but one thing remains the same, Bale is not worth more than Ronaldo.

The point I'm trying to make is this.

If in 2013, Ronaldo was 25, and was transferring from United to Madrid, he would have been even more expensive than £80 million, because naturally, the cost of transfers has increased.

So I'm not saying that Bale is worth more than Ronaldo. I'm saying because times have changed, Bale today costs around 80-90m, which is more than Ronaldo in 2009.

BUT in 2013 if Ronaldo was 25 in his prime and transferring from a club to Madrid, he would most likely cost 100-110m.

And then one day, someone else in 2018, will be signed for 150m etc.

That doesn't mean each player is better than the previous player, it just means they cost more do due to supply and demand and football economics.

Does this make sense to you?

Y'all don't pay attention. Mata isn't going anywhere. Mata and Oscar will rotate at #10.

Also, if you watched the Villa game...notice that in the 2nd half Oscar dropped deeper and played basically as a holding mid.

Oscar can play 3 different spots and Mata can play at least 2. There's plenty of room in the sqaud for both.

Idk why people assume Mata is the one to go because of Willian. It anything it's Ba or Moses that's on the way out.

Jose has said multiple times now that Mata isn't leaving.

Transfer deadline can't come soon enough with these silly rumors

The point I'm trying to make is this.

If in 2013, Ronaldo was 25, and was transferring from United to Madrid, he would have been even more expensive than £80 million, because naturally, the cost of transfers has increased.

So I'm not saying that Bale is worth more than Ronaldo. I'm saying because times have changed, Bale today costs around 80-90m, which is more than Ronaldo in 2009.

BUT in 2013 if Ronaldo was 25 in his prime and transferring from a club to Madrid, he would most likely cost 100-110m.

And then one day, someone else in 2018, will be signed for 150m etc.

That doesn't mean each player is better than the previous player, it just means they cost more do due to supply and demand and football economics.

Does this make sense to you?

Inflation shouldn't be an excuse when a player has had one good season, even with inflation Bale should cost no more than 60. Everyone is talking about image rights and kit sales, when has bale had the level of popularity to recoup his transfer fee? There is inflation and then there is stupidity, this fee falls in the latter. The last statement "Does this make sense to you?" was truly uncalled for.

Last edited:
Bale isnt worth triple what Hazard was

I would rate them the same, Madrid is known for overpaying for players like Barcelona or any club with money as a matter of a fact.

people having trouble grasping inflation n **** b :smh:

Hazard moved to Chelsea only last year for 32 million quid, Bale is going to Madrid for rumor of 90 million quid, sorry but inflation doesn't work like THAT. :lol:

Inflation shouldn't be an excuse when a player has had one good season, even with inflation Bale should cost no more than 60. Everyone is talking about image rights and kit sales, when has bale had the level of popularity to recoup his transfer fee? There is inflation and then there is stupidity, this fee falls in the latter. The last statement "Does this make sense to you?" was truly uncalled for.
When you come to a team like Madrid, the PR staff is just as important as the coaching staff, they will work round the clock to make sure Bale becomes a houese-hold name, his face everywhere on and on anything. 

either way, I am excited to see him and how the season is gonna play out. 

Even as a Madrid fan, I would of loved to see this Bale and Ronaldo duo in the Premier, where there speed and style of play would have been on better display. 

people having trouble grasping inflation n **** b
mean.gif
laugh.gif
Basically.
laugh.gif

Just think of when Rashard Lewis signed for more than Lebron James

Is Monaco really playing in an empty stadium?

It's sorta cool cause you can kind of hear the players, but my goodness this is strange.

Is Monaco really playing in an empty stadium?

It's sorta cool cause you can kind of hear the players, but my goodness this is strange.

I don't think I see one person in the stands... :x :lol:

Equating Bale with that bum Rashard Lewis?!? Bale is more like a James Harden if you had to pick a young NBA player.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom