The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I don't get it w/ Arbeloa.  I don't get how he gets so much playing time for Spain and Madrid.  He is terrible.  His skill is awful.  As much as I want Madrid to finally win La Decima I just don't see it happening this year.  Their best chance was in 2012.  If they would've beat Bayern in PK's they could have taken Chelsea.  Its still too early but the way Dortmund is running wild already they could be very hard to stop.  And once Bayern start firing on all cylinders it's gonna be scary.  I haven't been able to catch any Napoli matches.  That squad looks solid.  How have they been looking so far in Serie A?

Loss to Bayern on PK's was 2011. 2012 was Dortmund and Lewa in sublime form.

IronChef can attest to Napoli better than me. I love their signings. Pipa, Callejon, Mertens, Albiol, etc. Shrewd bit of business with the Cavani sale.

Cristiano's last goal was pure PURE class.

When he does **** like that...I honestly feel he's #1 in the world.

But watch Messi score 4 goals hahaha.

Either way, huge win vs gala. Goal difference could be big.

Chelsea vs Basel tomorrow. I'm thinking a 1-0 Chelsea win is the likely outcome. Basel have a sick young prospect in the Egyptian Mohomed Saleh, and a solid overall team.

Napoli/Dortmund deff best game tonight.. really happy i got sky , love how you get alerted when there is a goal in another game and can watch a 20 sec highlight of it.

Blue Lion aka Ironchef checking in,,,, Napoli this year plays amazing football, the best I've seen my boys play since the Maradona/Careca days.

We have full points and are at the top of our league table sharing the spot with Roma, (temporarily)

Our new signings Reina, Callejon, Albiol and Higuain have all found there spot on the team and have bonded with the rest of the group very well. Mertens, another great pickup hasn't yet fully shown his stuff but he has shown flashes of what's to come. Our top scorer also Serie A capocanonniere is Hamsik who has shown tremendous growth this year and hands down shares the title of best mid fielder in Serie A with Vidal. Our young homegrown talent Lorenzo Insigne has also blown up this year, shown by his call up to the senior national side. Don't want to forget our speed on the flanks with Colombians Zuniga and Armero and Italy national Cristian Maggio.

I have full max respect for Dortmund who are strong at every position on the pitch while we are probably weakest in defense, but with our possession play we are a lethal offensive threat this evening, plus the San Paolo boating 80+ thousand insane fans will definitely be our twelvth man out there tonight.

I expect an amazing match tonight with the Azzurri coming out on top 3-1.

Last edited:
Sepp stating there were "economic interests" that led European nations to vote for Qatar 2022.

No ****, Sherlock.

There's also going to be a "new, independent ethics commission" (... :lol: )that will re-examine the vote.

For Arsenal's sake I hope you're right...

I see the Gunners either squeaking out a 1-nil or 1-1 draw with OM in the Stade Velodrome today...

I doubt we can pull out a multi-goal effort today, although if Rambo and Giroud come out guns blazing, I'll gladly eat my words...

The best game (Napoli and Dortmund) are not even going to be shown on TV.

God damn this country rides those English teams so hard. :smh:

Madrid winning la Decima this year.

because they beat a mediocre turkish side? alright man
:lol:

Blue Lion aka Ironchef checking in,,,, Napoli this year plays amazing football, the best I've seen my boys play since the Maradona/Careca days.

We have full points and are at the top of our league table sharing the spot with Roma, (temporarily)

Our new signings Reina, Callejon, Albiol and Higuain have all found there spot on the team and have bonded with the rest of the group very well. Mertens, another great pickup hasn't yet fully shown his stuff but he has shown flashes of what's to come. Our top scorer also Serie A capocanonniere is Hamsik who has shown tremendous growth this year and hands down shares the title of best mid fielder in Serie A with Vidal. Our young homegrown talent Lorenzo Insigne has also blown up this year, shown by his call up to the senior national side. Don't want to forget our speed on the flanks with Colombians Zuniga and Armero and Italy national Cristian Maggio.

I have full max respect for Dortmund who are strong at every position on the pitch while we are probably weakest in defense, but with our possession play we are a lethal offensive threat this evening, plus the San Paolo boating 80+ thousand insane fans will definitely be our twelvth man out there tonight.

I expect an amazing match tonight with the Azzurri coming out on top 3-1.
Lorenzo Insigne is :pimp: :pimp:

Alright now back to this GTA V before the games start later

The best game (Napoli and Dortmund) are not even going to be shown on TV.

God damn this country rides those English teams so hard. :smh:

Man i am just glad nbc sports now has EPL rights. I wasn't going to pay $10 a month for fox soccer (basically one channel i wanted in the whole package). I will start to complain about not being able to watch Seria A and La Liga games in like 2 years....i hope nbc gets the rights for all this stuff. I don't understand how it isn't good for ratings...just buy out who ever has the rights it will be worth it :lol:

^^ as smooth as Mertens is, Benitez favors Insigne as they practically play in the same role

but having Dries come off the bench isn't a problem in my eyes, we've lacked a quality bench for the longest

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom