The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

GIving too much credit to that dude..the two pk he stop were baddly taken....only two dudes tried upper corners and he had no chance.

what was Krul saying?

I saw he went up to all the penalty takers.

Trying to throw them off their game?

dude guessed all of them right too.

I didn't even watch the second half. I stopped watching after Memphis got sub'd off.
gamesmanship. i already can see  where you are you shooting, is  what i could interpret 

Man, since 1970 there have been 24 spots in the World Cup final. And those 24 have been filled by only 7 teams:

Brazil

Italy

Germany

Netherlands

Argentina

France

Spain

Over a 44 year period! Insane how consistent the major powers are. Sometimes there are surprises in the semi final, but never for the final.

Man, since 1970 there have been 24 spots in the World Cup final. And those 24 have been filled by only 7 teams:

Brazil
Italy
Germany
Netherlands
Argentina
France
Spain

Over a 44 year period! Insane how consistent the major powers are. Sometimes there are surprises in the semi final, but never for the final.

you need at least 1 world cup to be a major power breh.

Even though they never won, The Netherlands are arguably a top 5 nation in the history of the sport.

And in terms of individual talent, they are probably top 3. Insane how many world class players they've managed to produce consistently considering the country's size and population.

If you only look at winning, then Spain, Uruguay, France and England
laugh.gif
are ahead of The Netherlands. Germany won a World Cup less than Italy, but I still consider them easily ahead of Italy because of their amazing consistency. And if they go on to win this WC, I would consider them ahead of Brazil as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjs
Even though they never won, The Netherlands are arguably a top 5 nation in the history of the sport.

And in terms of individual talent, they are probably top 3. Insane how many world class players they've managed to produce consistently considering the country's size and population.

If you only look at winning, then Spain, Uruguay, France and England :lol: are ahead of The Netherlands. Germany won a World Cup less than Italy, but I still consider them easily ahead of Italy because of their amazing consistency. And if they go on to win this WC, I would consider them ahead of Brazil as well.
yep.

The only thing holding it back from claiming true footballing glory is not having the WC on the shelf, but they're a top tier nation regardless of that.

don't blame robben one bit for diving time in and time out. until the refs and FIFA do something about it...play on, playa

Robben has long been the player people love to hate. :lol:

My 10 year old son doesn't even like him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom