The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I can't help but feel this all affects CR7's production.

Mes was the consummate 10, trigger man for most of Madrid's (vital) assists.

Bale will likely take some touches on the ball from Ronaldo.

Coentrao linked up well in build up play on the left with Cristiano.

@MirrorFootball: West Brom confirm transfer of Sessegnon from Sunderland for a club-record fee http://t.co/CKmpAygGCS #transfers
laugh.gif
Di Canio

Sunderland are going to be in the relegation fight. Reckless manager who keeps criticizing his players publicly and thinks the solution is just to keep buying more players. Won't end well.

So with Bale in Madrid does that make him the first Welsh in RM history?

@MrFootyNewss: The fax for Coentrao's loan deal to United didn't go through in time according to reports in Spain

Not a fan of Coentrao loan either from Madrid's perspective.

Also thought that he's versatile and could be used as a DM with Alonso out when they wanna lock up and go more defensive.

It's a good move for Coentrao and United though.

Arsenal signed a superstar midfielder today. Good job for them :pimp: don't know if it pushes them further up the table though

And we get rid of Lukaku and Moses :smh: meanwhile Torres and Ba are free to stay as long as they want. Etoo better be up to speed or Chelsea are in trouble

Liverpool really improved

Last edited:
I'm really happy that we signed Ozil, great for the club on various levels. But I'm still deeply bothered by the other issues that the club has failed to address. We've had the whole summer to do business. If they didn't sign Ozil, we may have gotten Cabaye. If not, I'm not sure what would have happened. I'm hoping that some late deals might be announced but seeing how the media was at the Emirates, something could have been done remotely but it's tough to keep quiet about these things and nothing has been mentioned

I was really hoping the Ba deal would go through.. I read somewhere that he only wanted to go to a team playing in a European competition. 

Solid EPL fixtures for the weekend.

Buck against his old club. Chelsea vs. Everton. Spurs/Norwich. Villa/Magpies. City/Stoke.

I don't understand what Madrid is doing. They are getting rid of all their depth and leaving themselves vulnerable if injuries occur.

I'd venture a guess that the motive could be financial. Clear the wage bill a bit.

We made profit on the Mes sale.

Who is Ozil going to feed the ball into tho?

Can't believe Isco just came into Real and in less than a month just got Ozil out of Madrid :lol:

Seriously. Isco :pimp:

But hey, In Anco's system, he uses 2 cms (isco and modric) who needs to play defense also. Ozil sinply didnt have the stanima or never was willing to completely play defense.

But still, i'm pissed he's gone. My only worry now becomes, what if Bale doesn't produce asap? Ozil was a fan favorite, teammates loved him and basically this bale transfer forced madrid to let him go.

Blessing in disguise.

Hopefully the rumored loan spell doesn't impact Coentrao's attitude or chemistry with the team.

Well Coentrao already wanted to leave all summer then this past week changed his mind after Ancelotti spoke with him. That's why this United loan deal didn't make any sense.

If the deal didn't go thru like the media is saying, that's good for Real. He's too valuable, they'll need him plenty during the season.

As for Ronaldo, he can't be to happy today after Ozil left. Having Coentrao leave as well would have made him even more pissed.

Like I've said, Coentrao is my favorite LB and I'd hate to see RM sell the Portuguese international at a cut rate price just because he can't consistently beat out Marcelo for first team action. The Brasilian is one of the best LB's in the world in his own right.

Must remember, we paid Benfica an exorbitant fee for Coentrao.

The Germans :nthat: :nthat: can't wait til Pods comes back and we'll have even more depth up front. Gotta give massive credit to Arsene though, he came through here...hopefully our defenders step up and can hold strong, my only wish is we signed Sahko he was just dangling there smh but hey can't be mad about this deadline at all :smokin View media item 563867

Wenger could have easily outbid Buck for Sakho, and it'd be worth it.

He has top-10 to 12 center half potential.

First priority is watching his weight and committing to proper conditioning.

He has shown leadership attributes.

Are we underrating Ozil now? Ozil is a premier talent. Any time you can add that to your squad, you should be excited. He was a key part of Madrid's offense, assist leader for the last 3 seasons.
I don't know if I'm underrating him.. I just have my opinion.

And I see him for what he is and does..

Being the assist leader for a Real Madrid squad that includes CR7 is overrated acclaim.. 

His main job was to find Ronaldo.. 

But if Arsenal supporters are genuinely happy to have another "good passer" in the midfield..

Then that's cool.. I just know he doesn't bring them closer to winning any trophies.

EPL is so open this year and Arsenal has just as good a chance to win the EPL as anybody..

I just can't understand why they don't spend on potent strikers..
He's far from the solution to their problems, but when a player like him comes along, you snap them up.

He's very clever, quick, great with assists, and very experienced.

You don't even need to pull up his stats to see why any club would want him.

Even with our beloved and under used Sammurai at United, I would celebrate the signing of Ozil ifhe came to United.
Exactly.. Hes no solution. Arsenal need strikers.

Podolski already down.. They cant rely on just Giroud to have EPL and CL success.
Wait wut?? Have you ever watched Real Madrid or Germany play? Cuz if you have then I don't see how you can make that statement with a straight face
laugh.gif
yeah he's not the cure all but dude is an incredible talent, makes the midfield even stronger and with him and Santi feeding balls in, Olivier may net 20+. Check his counting stats and compare them to Iniesta...not saying he's better but Ozil is a world class player man
laugh.gif
 at have I ever watched Germany play.. 

I lived there for several months.. And watched him with my own eyes.

Ozil isnt a difference maker..

Sure he can play a good final ball.. But he isn't capable of putting the team on his back like Cesc..

I could careless about his stats.. Somebody had to be the one to get CR7 the ball. 

And that's what Real paid him to do. CR7 made his job easy.

World class? But he can't even hit the target in an important match.. Smh..

Even Kaka would've at least made the keeper make a save..

Back
Top Bottom