THE TV SHOW! Magic City season 2 on Starz Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Olga Kurylenko, Danny Huston

I wonder if anyone on the secret 6, specifically Meg will find out Ike is business partners with Ben... Only 2 eps left. Damn seems like it just started.

side note, I heard that the casting crew had to turn a lot of women away b/c a lot of them had ***** implants/shots or whatever there called b/c they wanted the women to be real. So that probably worked in Catalina's (Theresa) role :smokin best moment of this season so far

Spartacus was like that too. I did see a couple of implants, but for the most part the women were real

Stevie doesn't have the intelligence to be a hotel operator. Something smaller that sells itself like the bordello would be better.

Ike's kids are pretty interesting. Danny knocked up the chick and she's feeling the Cuban dude.

Vera just needs to play the background and look pretty and get naked

I wonder if Magic City is going to get renewed, it's ratings aren't much better than Boss

Last edited:
^ I was wondering the same thing... Not sure if the show will get picked up again. I like it though...

Wonder what's in that book?

Danny gettin it in with Judi who is just :smokin

Stevie really not giving a f I see :smh:

Expect a lot of killing and Ross to play some role.

I thought she was going to break out, and the book was just records of money when they first showed her stashing dough. Had Ike smiling though.

I knew Stevie wanted Vera. ***** sort of sick.

The barrel with Nicky washing on shore. :lol: Were the holes supposed to make it fill with water and drop? Were they new to this?

Danny didn't use the information properly. I'm wondering why the DA keeps him around.

That Ben and Sy conversation was funny.

Judi's always been sexy to me.

Last edited:
Judi (Elena Satine) sexiness is off the charts.  It'll be interesting to see if the gambling bill pass

Look like ben diamond end is coming. gonna take the blame for killing a made man in nicky and i think that book was a general ledger for what ben was skimming off the top instead of sending it to chicago.

Gambling bill outcome gonna be interesting.

I think Ben is going to survive, at least I hope so. He's an excellent psychotic character.

What he did to her eye liner and her look after his comment was hilarious. Dude sneaks up on people like Michael Myers.

They'd have to get a villain on his level or above it and that would be hard.

Last edited:

'Magic City' Canceled: Starz Drama Will End Its Run After Season 2 Finale

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/05/magic-city-canceled-starz-season-2_n_3710110.html

Starz's "Magic City" has been canceled, the network confirmed Monday. The August 9 Season 2 finale will now serve as the series finale.

Created by Mitch Glazer, "Magic City" starred Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Ike Evans, the owner of the glamorous Miramar Playa hotel in Miami. Set against the political backdrop of 1959, with Fidel Castro taking control of Cuba, the show explored a web of mobsters, law enforcement officials and hotel staff through the lens of the Evans family.

“'Magic City’ will be concluding its two-season run on Starz with Friday's series finale. We are tremendously proud of the series and everyone involved,” Starz said in a statement. “From the writers, to the cast and crew, it has been an incredible collaboration. This was a story born from Mitch Glazer’s singular vision of Miami, the Magic City of his childhood, and we are grateful to him for bringing it to life on Starz. The season’s story arc will allow us to deliver a satisfying conclusion to the series, and we thank all the fans who checked in to the Miramar Playa.”

Although the show boasted a high-profile guest turn by James Caan in Season 2 and earned Danny Huston a Golden Globe nomination for his turn as the villainous Ben Diamond in Season 1, it failed to catch on with viewers or critics.

Damn, that sucks. I liked the show but it wasn't getting ratings. What a great cast & there isn't a tv show out that has the caliber of females on the cast as this show has - every single one is fine...

Yea as much as I wanted another season like I did with Boss, I knew these starz executives were gonna pull the plug like it did with boss.

Last edited:
Not really surprised by it.

In terms of women on a program Spartacus>>>

Don't forget about the elevator girl Theresa either....

BTW, I didn't know until just this moment that the chick that plays Mercedes, Dominik Garcia-Lorido is Andy Garcia's daughter...

View media item 527821

I knew it was going to get canceled when I looked and saw it's ratings the other day. They were only slightly better than Boss, which means that they had a consistent fanbase, but didn't attract any new viewers. Spartacus got two and three times the viewers. I wonder if they wish they kept Camelot now, because it got two times the viewers than Boss and Magic City.

The main reason they canceled camelot was due to the expensive budget.  Man I wanted a 2nd season of that too, Eva Green was such a good Morganne

Yeah, but to keep developing and promoting a new series turns out to be more expensive in the end.

Maybe they need to move their original programming beyond Friday night. Monday might be better.

Yeah, now that they took out 3 series I like (magic city, camelot, boss) I hope Black sails will be good

Back
Top Bottom