The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

It goes a little bit farther than that, to me personally, if the watch has an in-house movement, I prefer the actual manufacturer fixing it if there are any problems like Rolex for example.

Any regular ETA that regular watchmakers should be accustomed to are an easy fix and I can depend on those grey market stores for it.

Oh yeah, but you can still take to an AD and just pay them to work on it cant you?

you could but it might get costly if it's a problem on the watch and not simply a scheduled service while it would be free if there was a valid AD stamp on the card

with that said, other sellers like DavidSW sells watches with AD stamped cards at times so you pay grey market prices with a legit manufacturers warranty

I can get a brand new BLNR for $8600-8800. Should I jump on it?

I think you could do slightly better, is that tax included?

Not much better though, maybe $200-$400 less so if it's something you like and that price is out the door, I don't think it's a bad deal.

ugh, ceramic daytonas going for $17k-$19k right now :x some even not bnib

Best place to buy a Rolex?

I'll echo what others have said, you should have no issue going through someone reputable on TRF but the bank wire only thing should be some cause for concern. Not that people are unreliable, but stuff happens and when it does you have no recourse.

Personally, I'm indifferent with regards to where I buy my watch from. I bought my ND Sub from a broker across the country, sight unseen. Sending that $6k bank wire was nerve racking, but that's how it goes when you're dealing with grey market sellers. By contrast, I bought my GMT a few blocks away at my AD. My name is on the warranty card and I got to peel the stickers and all that stuff, but all of that is worth a grand total of $0 to me.

I'll buy wherever the best deal is to be had, simple as that.

Last edited:
Same here about buying sight unseen, I shipped off my PAM and Coke GMT before ever even seeing my Deepsea in person. Talk about a nervous trip to Fedex that day 
laugh.gif

Personally, I'm indifferent with regards to where I buy my watch from. I bought my ND Sub from a broker across the country, sight unseen. Sending that $6k bank wire was nerve racking, but that's how it goes when you're dealing with grey market sellers. By contrast, I bought my GMT a few blocks away at my AD. My name is on the warranty card and I got to peel the stickers and all that stuff, but all of that is worth a grand total of $0 to me.

I'll buy wherever the best deal is to be had, simple as that.
Check out Davidsw.com he's a grey market dealer where I bought my ND sub and I paid $6,500. I got to peel the stickers off and got my name on the warranty card with an official AD stamp on the card.

He's has a great inventory and is very helpful.

Last edited:

Your local AD or someone like DavidSW.

If you want a better deal then go grey market or forums like TRF but a lot of guys on there only accept bank wire as payment.
I second this, David is who I bought my ND Sub 2 weeks ago from. Great service and the watch was brand new with my name on the warranty card. He also sent an appraisal for the retail value as if I were to buy it from an AD (for insurance purposes) I would highly recommend him @GlennVagmire

View media item 2245597

What do you guys think is a good price for this one? I've seen 10-11 at ADs. I also looked at the website mentioned above. You guys will have to walk me through the nuances of the grey market when it comes to watches. Forgive my ignorance but the only reference I have involves shoes. When someone mentions grey market the first thing that pops into my mind is authenticity and I really don't want those issues if I'm spending upwards of 10K. I'm in need of some Niketalk education :D

First off, pick out something with an Oyster bracelet, that jubilee hurts my eyes.

Like we have said Joma Shop is 100% legit and I think they have a good return policy, you just don't get the AD warranty card. I would contact DavidSW and see what kind of deal he can work out for you, he's really cool and responds quickly. 

View media item 2246348
This takes care of my oyster needs [emoji]128516[/emoji]. I think the jubilee bracelet is a nice touch. I was looking for something a tad bit dressier in yellow gold and this fits the bill imo. I'll check out Joma Shop. I guess a better question is what makes a watch grey market?

Last edited:
This takes care of my oyster needs [emoji]128516[/emoji]. I think the jubilee bracelet is a nice touch. I was looking for something a tad bit dressier in yellow gold and this fits the bill imo. I'll check out Joma Shop. I guess a better question is what makes a watch grey market?
The biggest thing is when you buy grey market you do not get a factory warranty card like if you bought from an AD. Everything else is the same.

i dont know i think that watch looks clean but i would get it with the champagne dial... i like the jubilee for daydates and datejust and oyster for everything else

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom