The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

those burglaries in LA are happening very very often
not inside jobs
they are ran by organized crime rings, some southern americans too who fly in and what they call burglary tourists
alot of newer communities are hit

the latest one i saw was crazy, they got cameras camouflaged with leaves and theyre putting it on shrubs and gardens to scope out the house then when they got your pattern, they do the wifi jammer and hit the house when everyones gone

then there are some who just buldozes in without care and are just violent

crazy times

My girl just got the call for a panda

daytona?

nice.png

nah, price cuts or retail price going down never happens

doubt theyd let their boutiques give discounts either

omega/swatch gon be stubborn like they always have

we might see more and more moonswatches though and maybe the entire line-up of omega in a swatch guise since thats whats selling for them

with that said, theres been rumors of a smaller seamaster minus the hev coming maybe sometime this year, we shall see

id be interested in a SMP without the HEV

Got offered a 36 or 40 explorer but not sure I want it right now because I already have 124060 and speedy pro. I want an explorer but not sure I want three black dial watches, and would like to diversify. Thinking about white santos or blue or white iwc pilot mark xx instead. What would you guys get?

Got offered a 36 or 40 explorer but not sure I want it right now because I already have 124060 and speedy pro. I want an explorer but not sure I want three black dial watches, and would like to diversify. Thinking about white santos or blue or white iwc pilot mark xx instead. What would you guys get?
Would it bother you to wait for the opportunity to buy the explorer again or but it on the secondary market? If not then go with your gut feeling and buy the IWC or Santos. I think that the explorer is different enough if you decide otherwise to be a part of your current collection especially if you go with the 36mm.

IATT IATT congrats. How long was the wait?

Good question.. less than a year I want to say.. need to check when I asked my guy for that and then put me down for the Pepsi (cause that was my last 2 requests, outside of sliding him business from friends)

Just went through my messages, it was just under a year like just under 11 months

that is insane

i know the market is down but sheesh

probably downside of being in LA too, no shortage of buyers if they go down that list…

How long were you on the waiting list?

Requested it on august 21st, last year

Requested a Pepsi on January 31st, of this year (so we’ll see when that comes up)

But just went through my messages to check when I made both requests

that is insane

i know the market is down but sheesh

probably downside of being in LA too, no shortage of buyers if they go down that list…

definitely.. and I was already solid with my guy, I did some legal work for him

But my girl’s mom came with us.. and dude was in their family restaurant last night with his family and didn’t realize that connection and he’s been a regular their since he was a kid

Would it bother you to wait for the opportunity to buy the explorer again or but it on the secondary market? If not then go with your gut feeling and buy the IWC or Santos. I think that the explorer is different enough if you decide otherwise to be a part of your current collection especially if you go with the 36mm.
I can still get the explorer, just seems like more of the same to me even though I get there are differences. Tried on the iwc today and liked it a lot.

IMG_0490.jpeg
IMG_0489.jpeg

I can still get the explorer, just seems like more of the same to me even though I get there are differences. Tried on the iwc today and liked it a lot.

IMG_0490.jpeg
IMG_0489.jpeg
Pilot watches aren't really my thing but I think you've made up your mind. I am looking to cop an ingenieur with the same movement on the secondary market once prices drop. But like yourself I also want an explorer but the newer old 39mm

Also, checked out the IWC top gun chronographs, Mojave and oceana.. both nice

But love the Mojave

IMG_0490.jpeg
IMG_0489.jpeg

I've been considering an Explorer myself. The older 114270 model.

My boy waited 14 months at our spot recently - LA wait times down too

yah just messaged my SA with quickness, told em people been getting em and im jealous :lol:

doubt its gon' work but got to take that shot

you mind me asking which AD it is?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom