The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Nah, wore that all month going back and forth with the Sub. Both are going to take a rest for now.

I got a couple of black tie events this holiday season and the Cartier will likely take over for those nights but for the most part, it's Daytona December for me.

[/quote]

It's my 2-watch holiday rotation. :D I'll be wearing those two strictly the rest of December.[/quote]

@RFX45 Daytona's looking nice

What are your thoughts on Bremont?

I've been looking at the supermarine and Boeing 247

Last edited:
I love this Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe 
pimp.gif

Retail is $10,500 though ouch
mean.gif
, "in-house" calibre 

Last edited:
This is Bremont Boeing Model 1

I really like this one also, very similar cues to the Blancpain but the case design is very unique and also is supposed to being using 456 stainless which is a an aviation grade steel that is harder and more scratch resistant 

It retails for around $5,450 with a highly modified chronometer certified ETA movement

This is the Model 247, retail for $6,750 ouch, with a highly modified chronometer certified ETA 7750 

Last edited:
Bremonts makes nice quality watches. Just too big and thick for my liking. They are well made and the Supermarine is a good less conspicuous alternative to the Sub if your wrist can accommodate it.

With that said, I am not a big fan of dates between the 4 and 5 indices, just looks weird and awkward. If you're into movements the brand is one of those that "modify" eta's (iirc) because of Swatch's stranglehold with their movements.

They also had a similar problem that Tag had where they claimed a movement was in-house but it actually isn't so there were some drama with the brand too and many consumers felt lied to.

Overall, it is a very good watch and their design is distinct enough yet simple to to be classic. You'd be happy with one but with that said, many might be turned off at the price point (Supermarine S2000 was $6k iirc?) with only a modified movement similar to some peoples disdain with IWC. Doesn't bother me but there is this trend of people looking too much into in-house movements and anything less that cost more than a few thousands and it becomes blasphemy.

Bremonts makes nice quality watches. Just too big and thick for my liking. They are well made and the Supermarine is a good less conspicuous alternative to the Sub if your wrist can accommodate it.

With that said, I am not a big fan of dates between the 4 and 5 indices, just looks weird and awkward. If you're into movements the brand is one of those that "modify" eta's (iirc) because of Swatch's stranglehold with their movements.

They also had a similar problem that Tag had where they claimed a movement was in-house but it actually isn't so there were some drama with the brand too and many consumers felt lied to.

Overall, it is a very good watch and their design is distinct enough yet simple to to be classic. You'd be happy with one but with that said, many might be turned off at the price point (Supermarine S2000 was $6k iirc?) with only a modified movement similar to some peoples disdain with IWC. Doesn't bother me but there is this trend of people looking too much into in-house movements and anything less that cost more than a few thousands and it becomes blasphemy.
Yeah i figured the 43mm and 45mm case would to large for your liking but more so just wanted your general opinion on the brand, much like you give, thanks RFX 

Yes you're right they use modified chronometer certified ETA calibre and yes I remember watching the recent movement fiasco unfold on WUS similar to TAG, I understand what happened and its kind of difficult to come to a conclusion on it I just know I love the look of the pieces

But I to agree that the price points are a tad on the high end, with S2000 coming in at $5,900 and the S500 at $5,400 I believe, but once you have them in hand you start to justify the price to yourself, somewhat a little bit, lol

With that said, I recently stopped by an AD that started carrying Bremont this year and was able to try a few models on and they wear fantastic, the case design is something else to see in person and the overall build quality is superb, they offered me a nice discount on the S2000 and a Solo but I leaning toward the Boeing model

I'm gonna continue to shop around (actually looking at the TAG Heuer Carrera Monaco Grand Prix LE or Speedy Pro, I have an itch for a new chronograph for some reason) and plus I want to see that 247 in person and the AD doesn't have them in yet he said they should in the next couple of weeks

i'm looking for a really clean and simple watch. something affordable as well.  can anyone point me to some brands?

something like this:

Are you looking for a watchmakers watch with an automatic movement or quartz is perfectly fine?

Are you looking for a watchmakers watch with an automatic movement or quartz is perfectly fine?
don't even know what the difference is so i think that answers it 
laugh.gif

honestly might just buy the one in the picture i posted unless i come across something i like more

Back
Top Bottom