The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

longines flagship moonphase

been wanting the jlc moonphase but theyre pricing has gotten out of control, this might have to do

$3k
38.5mm - 12.4mm thick

1689195168714.png

vs
1689195273335.png

longines flagship moonphase

been wanting the jlc moonphase but theyre pricing has gotten out of control, this might have to do

$3k
38.5mm - 12.4mm thick

1689195168714.png

vs
1689195273335.png

I was just admiring this exact JLC at an AD today, thinking it'd be the perfect dress watch.

But I don't have JLC money, so this Longines looks incredibly tempting. The thickness is tough, especially when JLC's is <10mm, but for 1/4 of the price... Longines definitely has something beautiful here.

really love what tag is doing with the carrera, now if they can put some focus on the non-chrono monaco

I think tag have finally got the design of their watches right except they have now decided to put name of the range over the brand which ruins it for me. Otherwise I would have bought the new aquaracer which is the nicest version since the one with the rubber bezel back in the day.

Yeah they are pretty readily available in the EU at the moment. I don't know if they stepped up production or they engineered scarcity to increase demand but when you manage to get hold of one I think you'll be impressed.

Yeah they are pretty readily available in the EU at the moment. I don't know if they stepped up production or they engineered scarcity to increase demand but when you manage to get hold of one I think you'll be impressed.
Sadly I won’t cop. Too similar to a sub in terms of looks

I already have a BB41 I haven’t worn either. I just for some reason can’t let go of it because it was my first real adult watch :lol:

Sadly I won’t cop. Too similar to a sub in terms of looks

I already have a BB41 I haven’t worn either. I just for some reason can’t let go of it because it was my first real adult watch :lol:
Does it have the "smiley face" text? Might be worth keeping in terms of value as well.

I hear what your saying about similarities to the sub. I own both and think they can exist in the same collection (I do like divers though).

Am visiting NYC for a few days and stopped by Watches of Switzerland. As I always do, mentioned I am looking for a two tone Daytona with a white face. Sales associate cut right to the point and said she could get it for me, but I needed to buy something. A few hours later I’m sitting here with a new Santos. It’s not my grail, but it’s probably number two. Larger size in stainless steel. Beautiful piece. Will never go out of style. Excited to have it.
3EE08FB3-7413-41C4-99F8-D71B77B6A5A7.jpeg

Kinda wish I had gotten a no date Sub back in the day, but I can’t part with it since the 16610 was my first Rolex

I'm really into symmetry so it had to be the submariner for me. At the time it was either this or the sd4k but I couldn't deal with the endlink/bracelet fitment.
rolex-sea-dweller-4000-ref-116600-stainless-steel-box-papers-bj-2017-unworn-eu-e.jpg

That longines is beautiful. I was at the Patek dealer in Philly this past week and they have a similar-looking used Patek 5396G for a great price, but can’t beat 3k for that.

Yea f that

main reason I stick with Rolex over others on top of being a fan anyways, don’t have to jump through a crap ton of hopes.. at least I don’t with my AD

but lawd I went to the audemar boutique in bal harbour and the dude was basically telling me I have to constantly pop in to see him and wear the different pieces I already own

i mean I want the watch.. but ain’t the end of the world and I ain’t going act like I desperate to essential earn the approval of some randoms

honestly if my AP AD SA simply said thats what I had to do, I'd be more than happy to as the South Coast AP AD is about 10min from disneyland and I can pop in there and bug him every 2 weeks :lol:

but nah, that isnt enough

speaking of sales associate, my SA follows me on IG ( and I follow her mostly because she posts pieces they get from time to time) but I feel like its backfiring when I get pieces they sell elswehere

like my speedy, they wouldnt budge on a discount, not even a cent so i got mine from out of state which was generous in discount and i also saved on tax

but now i think she might be less inclined to simply sell me the watches I wanted (like the pel29 or bb54) and i am also a little bit hesitant to buy anything else somewhere, like the breitling pistachio chrono, they offer a discount but another stores offering a better one and i am kind of stuck in the middle

Back
Top Bottom