The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Go Deep lol
IMG_3882.jpeg

Random deal, it was marked at retail and rang up for $5.50 when it was scanned.

Longer explanation: I switched back to a “regular” watch a few months ago after wearing an Apple Watch the last few years. I normally go once a week to see what Casio’s they have, and noticed this DW5600 in one of the cases last week. Picked up a Baby G for my wife that was already marked down while we were there.
Nice! I daily a158 pretty much, what made you go back from an Apple Watch? I’ve considered making the change but haven’t

Nice! I daily a158 pretty much, what made you go back from an Apple Watch? I’ve considered making the change but haven’t
There were a few minor reasons, but one major one. For all of the great conveniences that smart watches offer, it also became a negative for me, personally. I was never able to be “detached” from being on a device. Now when I look at my wrist it’s to check the time, and not be on a mini version of my phone.

Tissot got a hit with that watch. In general they’re probably the best bang for your buck for an under 1k watch.

Tissot got a hit with that watch. In general they’re probably the best bang for your buck for an under 1k watch.
Yeah they are fantastic and have some nice variety in that pricerange.
I think Frederique Constant is a good shout for the under 1k category too but only one of their main lines (the Slimline) is in that pricerange, albeit just barely. These are in the €800-900 range.
1edb94f669b187ad2c964915e4f84533.jpg

Was able to visit an AP boutique in Hong Kong and try on some Royal Oak’s with my pops and brother .

I’m in love with the 37 fits my small wrists nicely but apparently it’s the hardest size to get at the moment .
FD2B74FC-6A20-41C1-B820-B00EC66D068D.jpeg

Gonna fly out to singapore in two weeks to beg for a royal oak. Since my dad is getting his 41mmRoyal oak chronograph in rose gold .

The HK store told me i would have a chance to get there since i check a lot of the boxes . My pops has a decent record and i’m getting married this december . I’m praying i get one

E43A87EC-1229-4A56-BE92-8DF2C496DA55.jpeg
1163206D-A9D4-4C59-A6D3-C0A9FAB9D6FA.jpeg

Okay so update on what i said on the previous pages.

Went with my pops to pick up his Chronograph Royal Oak in Rose Gold.

Side note There was a guy and his friend in LV Air force ones bro was rocking the ceramic blue AP looked nice irl. He was picking up the open work AP.

Anyway i talked to my guy told him how im getting older and getting married and i think i can afford an AP now. He looks at my wrists and recommends me a 37mm. Then we talk about what watches he can get to me before my wedding for me and my fiancé.

We go over what i can realistically get/afford . He of course says the jumbo ultra thin is impossible .

He basically told me I should expect a grey face , white face 37 and 34 for my fiancee before our wedding. Couldnt be happier .

:nthat:

Out of curiosity, what’s your wrist size?

Image_20230413_141427_777.jpeg

New to the thread, just wanted to share. Purchased my first Rolex over the weekend and have been absolutely obsessed.
In the last 6 months or so, I've visited 6 different stores (Rolex/AD's). I'd say, 4 out of 6 of the stores did not take me seriously.
One store told me 10 year wait list, while other stores I could tell didn't even want to talk to me and "submitted my interest" on their phone.

Definitely a milestone and achievement piece.
Submariner no date,
Purchased from an AD
No prior purchase history

What was retail on the Sub if you don’t mind me asking?

theyre really gon be stubborn and keep the hev?

41m is still too big so i hope theres also a 38mm version

also hope they manage to make it thinner

IMG_6826.jpeg

Sangin Instruments Professional

Founded by a member of the Special Operations community, Sangin Instruments’ timepieces were forged from the need to have a timepiece that could handle the rigors of harsh field use (combat), but look sophisticated on wrist while attending suit and tie briefs in an embassy or more formal setting. A watch that has to function at a high level, look good, but not draw too much attention

Back
Top Bottom