The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

No it's a atomic quartz watch. Autos are cool(love all watches) but I'm a quartz lover takes me back to being a kid and listing to the tick and I love being super accurate.
Cool. Just wondered if casio had developed their own auto movement.

No not yet and I dont think they ever will. They have had more than enough time to come out within auto I think they really loves sticking with quarts movements. And in the case Oceanus you can tell the really

casions oceanus line has always intrigued me, they look super nice and are usually packed with nice features/functions and they supposedly have this "zaratsu" polishing which is done by a master-polisher(?) that no machine can replicate where there is no distortion ont he reflective, though hard to believe for the price because only grand seiko offers it

i particularly like this one and have watched videos of it over the years but just never pulled the trigger since really have no room for it in my rotation and i'd probably forget it in the end like my other gshocks

not sure if its on all models but this one has the tough movement where the second hand hits the marker on point all the time despite the impacts the watch might experience which could mess up its alignment

you definitely get a lot for the $$$

Its crazy what they give you for the price point. Mine is a tough movement also I mean to get the same finish as the grand Seiko for 2000$ less is crazy

20160716_134705.jpg

I miss her.

A week after I got the seamaster 300m she stopped working wouldn't wind, lost time, wore daily for three years no issue. Now I'm waiting on Rolex to tell me the damage.....official rolex service costs £565 but as it's a repair could be less or a lot more

Under warranty still?

After (finally) landing a new gig that I'm blessed to say was more than what I was initially hoping for, I decided to treat myself to this particular timepiece that I've been salivating over a while now. Started searching this week. Hoping to find one before Christmas. Wish me luck fellas

*UPDATE*

So I made a purchase. It's currently en route so no pics but here's a hint:

AmericanPsycho_1.jpg

Under warranty still?
Ok missed my email while at the staff Xmas party yesterday. Costs for the repair will be £585 a mandatory service and £55 for a new crown.

Pros
-When I get the watch back it will look like new.
-It would be due for a service under the old service period timescale anyway. (This is pre 10 years suggested service interval)
-Peace of mind going with an authorised service centre so no non rolex parts used and should be done to an excellent standard.
-There is a physical store which means I have a direct point of contact if things go wrong.

Cons
-Cost. It probably only needs a new crown (which costs only £55) and a service is being done in order to cover them for any further failures once the watch is returned.

I think it's a very hefty cost but the positives overall outweigh the negatives. I think with a new baby on the way it's better it happened now than later on.

Ok missed my email while at the staff Xmas party yesterday. Costs for the repair will be £585 a mandatory service and £55 for a new crown.

Pros
-When I get the watch back it will look like new.
-It would be due for a service under the old service period timescale anyway. (This is pre 10 years suggested service interval)
-Peace of mind going with an authorised service centre so no non rolex parts used and should be done to an excellent standard.
-There is a physical store which means I have a direct point of contact if things go wrong.

Cons
-Cost. It probably only needs a new crown (which costs only £55) and a service is being done in order to cover them for any further failures once the watch is returned.

I think it's a very hefty cost but the positives overall outweigh the negatives. I think with a new baby on the way it's better it happened now than later on.
Naturaly your crown has a patina that many people appreciate and seek. If you replace it you will lose some value. If I were you I’d ask if there alternative options.

Hi,

I mean this in the nicest possible way, are you sure your talking about a watch crown? I have a higher than average watch knowledge and have never heard of patina on a watch crown. Hands, indices, dials, cases etc yes but a crown never. I would imagine if a crown needed replacing there would be very little value to anyone else.

Hi,

I mean this in the nicest possible way, are you sure your talking about a watch crown? I have a higher than average watch knowledge and have never heard of patina on a watch crown. Hands, indices, dials, cases etc yes but a crown never. I would imagine if a crown needed replacing there would be very little value to anyone else.
lol brain fart. Not sure why I was thinking bezel. Too early for me.

lol brain fart. Not sure why I was thinking bezel. Too early for me.
It's cool brother.

I have a modern 114060. I personally would never buy vintage including the previous generation as it feels less solid and aesthetically less attractive. But the exception to that would be a milsub which I'll never afford lol

5 year warranty with 10 year service intervals.

For modern rolexes, is anyone routinely even sticking with the 10 year intervals or just sending in with issues?

5 year warranty with 10 year service intervals.

For modern rolexes, is anyone routinely even sticking with the 10 year intervals or just sending in with issues?

Yeah that was always going to be my approach until now. My rolex was a red tag so was before they enforced the new servicing and warranty period.

The only thing I will say is there is anecdotal evidence on the forums that rolex have done smaller upgrades to movements (hairsprings etc) during servicing without actually informing the customer giving them a better product.

I know it boils down to preference but everything being identical do you guys think a white face or black face is more versatile for work? (Stainless Steal)

I know it boils down to preference but everything being identical do you guys think a white face or black face is more versatile for work? (Stainless Steal)
Yeah for me I'd always go black face. Black in general is more versatile as it stands out less and can be used in a casual setting as well whereas I find I white face watch especially on black/Brown skin seems to be more noticible. It also depends on the metal of the watch case.

My little bro just picked up a datejust with numerals in with a black dial and it's a lot more subtle than it would be in white. I'll post a pic in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom